Spider-Man Far From Home (2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt they'll use the comic origin. He's clearing pretending to be a hero in the film, and considering how recent mcu villains are sympathetic characters, I could see Mysterio trying to be a hero because of his kids or something. I doubt, he'll be a straight up villain, not if Jake Gyllenhaal is playing the character.

I hope so. Give me a good villain, some other villain who is the true villain.

Except for Ego and Hela.

Well, Ego wasn't even human. He wasn't evil or bad for no reason either. Hela was a straight up villain, but she was given a reason to be an antagonist. She was betrayed by her own father after she helped him create Asgard, and he basically erased her from history.

I was thinking about Keaton in Homecoming, Killmonger, and even Thanos, which I'm sure will get some kind of redemption in EG.

That's why I liked Crossbones -- he didn't **** around, straight for the fight, had a little master plan, and died trying to take the hero with him. Good bad guy.

Give me a guy who's just evil. **** the "understanding" BS. There's plenty of real-world examples of people who are just plain evil.

Hela was a straight up villain, but she was given a reason to be an antagonist. She was betrayed by her own father after she helped him create Asgard, and he basically erased her from history.

Since the betrayal happened after her and Odin murdered civilizations to build Asgard, that implies that she was just a heartless killing machine from the beginning. While Odin still wasn't in the right, I'd say she pretty much deserved banishment.

I was thinking about Keaton in Homecoming, Killmonger, and even Thanos, which I'm sure will get some kind of redemption in EG.

Vulture and Killmonger were great examples of how MCU villains should be done - well-acted, good character motivations, good designs, etc. - all in one package.

That's why I liked Crossbones -- he didn't **** around, straight for the fight, had a little master plan, and died trying to take the hero with him. Good bad guy.

With Crossbones the straight-up evil thing worked but that just makes it even more disappointing that he was killed off so early into the film.

With Crossbones the straight-up evil thing worked but that just makes it even more disappointing that he was killed off so early into the film.

If he wasn't killed off early, the writers would have been instructed to "study him"... which is the quickest path to killing a great villain.

They always want a sympathetic storyline for some reason. There's plenty of great villains that you totally understand but that are just pure evil -- Ledger's Joker comes to mind as does Hans Gruber. No need to add a "sad and sympathetic" storyline that explains away their cruelness by blaming bad parenting or a love's murder. Some people are just born nasty.

Actually, the best Marvel villain is...

Yeah, I liked him because he was a nasty and cruel bootlicker, and he was fine with it.

Thanos cries. Villains should never dry. That's like Rule #1.

I don't think I've ever seen Thanos cry in the comics. I don't mind it in the film. Tony Soprano cried a bunch of times, and he was still evil. I think those are probably the worst villains, because there's false sense of humanity in them, which makes them sympathetic, and in some cases likable, but it can get you killed or hurt to get close to people like that, because they see themselves as good, and can justify their evil actions by showing emotions like sadness and even remorse, but it's all BS, it's a perverse sense of morality in their head. Gemora said it best when Thanos decided to kill her, "This is not love."

If he wasn't killed off early, the writers would have been instructed to "study him"... which is the quickest path to killing a great villain.

They always want a sympathetic storyline for some reason. There's plenty of great villains that you totally understand but that are just pure evil -- Ledger's Joker comes to mind as does Hans Gruber. No need to add a "sad and sympathetic" storyline that explains away their cruelness by blaming bad parenting or a love's murder. Some people are just born nasty.

I want a Gruber prequel movie called “The unjust: A Gruber Torment Story” about young Gruber’s abuse at the hands of his cruel father and his Nakatomi banker friends.

I want a Gruber prequel movie called “The unjust: A Gruber Torment Story” about young Gruber’s abuse at the hands of his cruel father and his Nakatomi banker friends.

There was a storyline circulating for a "Young John McClane" movie where Gruber is John's adopted and troublesome brother and they both get trapped on a playground together. John is forced to leave his 'brother' behind, and 'Hans Gruber' is born.

That storyline eventually became part of "Spectre".

That sounds utterly ridiculous and I would have said is most likely a joke....but then The Predator got made so I'm not sure anymore.

Back