Speeder-bike Cancelations - the time is now

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you cancel the PF Speederbike and Scout

• I never pre-ordered it!

Votes: 41 40.2%
  • I did cancel my pre-order.

Votes: 49 48.0%
  • Cancel? - Heck NO - this baby's mine!

Votes: 12 11.8%

• Total voters
I canceled, still want it but we all know it will be found for alot cheaper. I'm sure SS will have it discounted soon. Just have to wait alittle longer. But theres no way I would keep my order with SS, its like throwing money in the garbage.

I cancelled mine a long time ago. But this week I've had or will have the following all shipped to me for LESS total than it would have been for just the PF Speederbike alone:

Takara Batman
Medicom Maul
Hot Toys Alien
Sideshow Padme
Ignite Ninja
Hot Toys Resident Evil 4 Leon

I cancelled mine a long time ago. But this week I've had or will have the following all shipped to me for LESS total than it would have been for just the PF Speederbike alone:

Takara Batman
Medicom Maul
Hot Toys Alien
Sideshow Padme
Ignite Ninja
Hot Toys Resident Evil 4 Leon

:google :google :google :google

Keeping it and can't wait to post pics and make all you poor SOB's weep :D

Can't wait to live vicariously through your pics:D
Never pre-ordered it and it'll be the ONLY SW PF that will not live in my collection...but enjoy... and share the pics.

I ended up cancelling. It's a great looking PF but in the end I just never liked Scout Troopers. I'll just patiently wait for a Stormtrooper.

I canceled it awhile ago. I like it alot. But, we all know it'll be had on eBay later on down the road for around $500 or so...which is when I might buy one...

Never bothered to preorder mainly due to space issues. I bought the Jaws Maquette last year and it takes up alot of room. Knowing what I know after receiving that maquette, I had a better understanding that the Speeder Bike would take up even more room then that.

Also, factor in that I've been buying alot lately and have a few preorders already set in place (tallied up is much cheaper)...I had to step back and say I can't afford it at this time. If there is anything I can't stand is purchasing a collectible with my credit card. I very rarely do that.

I canceled it awhile ago. I like it alot. But, we all know it'll be had on eBay later on down the road for around $500 or so...which is when I might buy one...

I just don't think it will ever reach that point. I have no idea how many dealers got initially but it wasn't more than 2-3. I had to contact a dealer I buy a lot from as soon as it got announced and put my order in verbally. He never even had any up on his site. That doesn't mean that more won't be released to dealers, but they won't be as cheap.

I just don't expect people to take a $300 hit on this just to unload it.

I really think these will be had for a lot less on ebay in due time.

look at what happened to MR's falcon.

I just don't think it will ever reach that point. I have no idea how many dealers got initially but it wasn't more than 2-3. I had to contact a dealer I buy a lot from as soon as it got announced and put my order in verbally. He never even had any up on his site. That doesn't mean that more won't be released to dealers, but they won't be as cheap.

I just don't expect people to take a $300 hit on this just to unload it.

You keep saying that. It does not matter what dealers got and what they didn't get. ebay will be where it's at. No one will pay $800 on eBay when it's still sitting on SS shelves.

Also, there will be peple who NEED to unload it for other items that are coming. This will end up from $500-$600 with a year. Just watch.

If some collectors need money then they will take $500-$600 on ebay. They may not want to take a hit like that but people get desperate, bored, or just plain tired of clutter. It's just a matter of time. The ES is way too large for the price I think.

I cancelled as well but when I originally ordered I didn't think I would go through with it.

If Sideshow offers Second Chance on this with a Flex Pay option, then I will jump on this. Otherwise, I guess this will be one that I will have to accept a loss.

The only reason you see SSC items for lower than retail on ebay is because dealers have a surplus and are trying to clear their inventory.

Collectors only sell because something has appreciated in value. I can't see someone who paid full price at SSC ever selling this piece for a loss.

We know that dealers were severely limited on this and those that got them have already committed them. So I really don't see this going cheap on ebay ever. SSC may find they can't move them and start offering discounts during the 2010 Spooktacular - but I think that's the only way you'll see these cheaper.

If some collectors need money then they will take $500-$600 on ebay. They may not want to take a hit like that but people get desperate, bored, or just plain tired of clutter. It's just a matter of time. The ES is way too large for the price I think.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture Some dont understand this

Ive seen so many MR Falcons going for way less than retail and none of them were from dealers even before MR did their sale :lol

IMO the large edition size is not the only thing to work against the retail value of this piece, but also the huge size of the statue is a factor as well. We all know how easy it is to run out of room, every quarter there is loads more awesome stuff to want.

Last edited:
The only reason you see SSC items for lower than retail on ebay is because dealers have a surplus and are trying to clear their inventory.

Collectors only sell because something has appreciated in value. I can't see someone who paid full price at SSC ever selling this piece for a loss.

We know that dealers were severely limited on this and those that got them have already committed them. So I really don't see this going cheap on ebay ever. SSC may find they can't move them and start offering discounts during the 2010 Spooktacular - but I think that's the only way you'll see these cheaper.

Well, anyone looking to sell theirs eBay later on, better put a BIN on it, and not start it at 0.99c...:lol

Because I still think $800 was too much, for a PF figure on a bike...Just IMO though. I know there are some people out there MORE than happy to shell out that much...And good luck to ya.

When something takes up that much room, after awhile selling for a loss is okay. I can see people losing $200-$300 on this because they need the money and the room and to keep their wife from complaining, so take it for $500.00. Thats what I'm hoping for.

Back