Speculation: Would you get a TDK Joker 3.0?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There has never been a truly perfect TDK Joker head sculpt from Hot Toys…I love my DX11 and think it’s a superior overall release, but I think the head sculpt on the DX01 is better than both of the DX11 sculpts.
Anyway, with all of that said, if Hot Toys ever makes a 3.0 Joker and they nail the head sculpt, something on the level of say, Battle Damaged Robocop, rooted hair or not, everyone on this thread will be rushing out to buy that 3.0.

There has never been a truly perfect TDK Joker head sculpt from Hot Toys…I love my DX11 and think it’s a superior overall release, but I think the head sculpt on the DX01 is better than both of the DX11 sculpts.
Anyway, with all of that said, if Hot Toys ever makes a 3.0 Joker and they nail the head sculpt, something on the level of say, Battle Damaged Robocop, rooted hair or not, everyone on this thread will be rushing out to buy that 3.0.
I would not if that was the only selling point.

I will definitely buy it as its a huge hole in my DK trilogy collection.

Yea same, my only issue with the DX01 sculpt is how flat the hair is and the obvious seam at the hair line. But for its time, and the first figure with PERS, it’s still pretty dang impressive. My only hesitation would be trying to start a new line of figures in my collection, especially with characters that seem to get regular upgrades. I’m kind of tired of always selling the old one for the usually new and improved version. I do it with Masterpiece Transformers already :lol :slap

Yea same, my only issue with the DX01 sculpt is how flat the hair is and the obvious seam at the hair line. But for its time, and the first figure with PERS, it’s still pretty dang impressive. My only hesitation would be trying to start a new line of figures in my collection, especially with characters that seem to get regular upgrades. I’m kind of tired of always selling the old one for the usually new and improved version. I do it with Masterpiece Transformers already :lol :slap
Yep…that very thing made me sell all of my Marvel figures…how many versions of Captain America, Thor, or Hawkeye do I really need? Couldn’t live with having the older and possibly dated version and hated having to keep upgrading, so got rid of every last one of them.
With TDK Joker, however, I’ve accepted that it’s an iconic enough character that I’m comfortable having a few different versions and iterations in my collection.

Yep…that very thing made me sell all of my Marvel figures…how many versions of Captain America, Thor, or Hawkeye do I really need? Couldn’t live with having the older and possibly dated version and hated having to keep upgrading, so got rid of every last one of them.
With TDK Joker, however, I’ve accepted that it’s an iconic enough character that I’m comfortable having a few different versions and iterations in my collection.
Yup I did the same after the Avengers 1 movie. Only one I didn't have was Iron man, but I had all the others. Then I did the same for DC movies before the Justice League movie. The only way I'd get another Marvel figure is if there was an upgrade of the original 3 from their first movies.

But I agree-TDK Joker is pretty iconic. I'm planning on getting one of the larger scale statues though to represent it in my collection. However, it would be tough to pass on a new 1/6 version if it looks better than the previous ones.

Yup I did the same after the Avengers 1 movie. Only one I didn't have was Iron man, but I had all the others. Then I did the same for DC movies before the Justice League movie. The only way I'd get another Marvel figure is if there was an upgrade of the original 3 from their first movies.

But I agree-TDK Joker is pretty iconic. I'm planning on getting one of the larger scale statues though to represent it in my collection. However, it would be tough to pass on a new 1/6 version if it looks better than the previous ones.
Agreed - there's something really cool about the Ledger joker. I've got all the HT versions and some customs, and I have a theory that if I can get a custom head to my liking, I can pretty much put the rest together. If the clothes and accessories are decent, it all works out. So, no, I probably wouldn't be a buyer for Joker 3.0. Besides, I can't understand why HT can't get the Ledger sculpt down when so many others can do it so well, and repeatedly. Creg (now Dean Tolliver Studios) is now on version 5 or 6 and they all look better than the DX01 and DX11, IMO.

I've really been impressed with the larger scale also. My favorite figure that I own is a 1/4 HT joker with a custom painted and haired sculpt - there's just so much more detail. I'm finding out that I'm really gravitating to the new 1/4 scale statues since I don't really pose any of my figures anyway. The newer Ledger statues are just incredibly accurate and super detailed.

I'm not sure if I'd upgrade mine. I have the ancient HT Joker so having one that looked like he wasn't wearing Barbie-quality clothing would be fantastic, but the direction of my collecting has changed since I first picked him up (he was my first HT figure). For me it would come down to price and maybe accessories.

I think it’ll just depend on whether or not Yulli sculpts it. After seeing Blitzway/Prime1 and Queen Studios’ offerings, we’ve now seen that it’s possible for people who aren’t Adam can deliver stellar likenesses. The question is how comfortable HT is with deliver another subpar, mundane offering.

Geeez, when is this thing coming out? Jedha hinted that we should have kept our eyes and ears open in the spring of this year and nothing. I am dying for a Ledger Joker in a nurse outfit.

With some of the reissues and re-releases, I wouldn't mind a Jack Nicholson redo. I know we won't be getting a Joaquin Phoenix anytime soon.

Heath is my favourite Joker anyway, so get on with it Hot Toys.

Geeez, when is this thing coming out? Jedha hinted that we should have kept our eyes and ears open in the spring of this year and nothing. I am dying for a Ledger Joker in a nurse outfit.

With some of the reissues and re-releases, I wouldn't mind a Jack Nicholson redo. I know we won't be getting a Joaquin Phoenix anytime soon.

Heath is my favourite Joker anyway, so get on with it Hot Toys.
I’d be cool with straight re-issues of the Nicholsons, but I’d really love to see them, at least, improve the articulation on the ‘89 Batman with a more accurate suit construction.

The posts saying things like when is this coming out are amusing…like it actually exists and there is actually something to anticipate being released. There is nothing to come out…Hot Toys hasn’t announced or even teased anything?
How about I start a rumor that Hot Toys is releasing a 1/6 scale jal76 action figure?
It’s entirely possible that ONE DAY Hot Toys may release another TDK Joker, but if they do it will be entirely unrelated to these nonsensical rumors.
Wishful thinking can make the mind do crazy things.
Amazing how a thread designed to speculate on collector interest in a hypothetical new Joker figure evolved so quickly into…”Hot Toys is releasing a new Joker!”

How about I start a rumor that Hot Toys is releasing a 1/6 scale jal76 action figure?
giphy.gif

The secret recipe imo have always been bank robber 2.0 head on either DX01 or DX11 body/clothes. I've had that displayed for years and I'm not even sure HT can do better if they give it another crack.

The secret recipe imo have always been bank robber 2.0 head on either DX01 or DX11 body/clothes. I've had that displayed for years and I'm not even sure HT can do better if they give it another crack.
The only catch is that both the original and 2.0 Bank Robber’s have frustratingly oversized heads. I love the second head sculpt that comes with the original, but that disproportionate head keeps it from being a perfect release…I’ve never tried their heads on the 1 or the 11 but I can’t imagine that they scale any better on them than they do on their own bodies.

Hey Freaks, is there any company that has released a nurse Joker other than Iron Studios BDS 1/10 proto? If Hot Toys were to release that alone, I would be good. It would be such a great piece to compliment Two Face.

Last edited:
These are older photos of my CGL 2.0:

49429626811_2e1928d4cb_o.jpg

50708906893_39534cbb19_o.jpg

The green haired sculpt wasn't much good as I found the hair too straight and unmanageable, but the ginger nurse 'wig' was better match and could be cut into a closer approximation. Sculpted hair would be better.

Back