Speculation: Would you get a TDK Joker 3.0?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
plan-planned.gif
Ha ha I hope…that would be a day one preorder for me! I just rotated my figures around and put the DX 11 back on display with the DX 12, Two-Face, the DX 08, 09, and 66 Batman and Robin…still need to put a few things back in their boxes to make room for Selina Kyle, Bane, and Gordon and Blake with the Bat signal for my new little Batman display…

Reissuing of DX Batman.
Isn’t that a DX12 reissue? The 12 was the Dark Knight Rises Batman. The DX 02 was The Dark Knight?
You may end up being right, but not sure that the release of a Dark Knight Rises Batman suggests the release of a TDK Joker? If we were taking about a Bane reissue then maybe…

Isn’t that a DX12 reissue? The 12 was the Dark Knight Rises Batman. The DX 02 was The Dark Knight?
You may end up being right, but not sure that the release of a Dark Knight Rises Batman suggests the release of a TDK Joker? If we were taking about a Bane reissue then maybe…
No one knows for sure unless someone works for them seen it actually ready to go up for PO and you never know with rumors. DX19 is kinda of a reissue but has new face sculpts and sonar eyes but mostly the same as DX12.

No one knows for sure unless someone works for them seen it actually ready to go up for PO and you never know with rumors. DX19 is kinda of a reissue but has new face sculpts and sonar eyes but mostly the same as DX12.
I thought the reissue that you were referring to was the DX 19? I haven’t heard of any other Nolan Batman figures being announced…if you’re just referring to some rumored Batman reissue as the reason that a rumored Joker release is credible I must respectfully disagree…actually I would find it a little silly to use one rumor as the reason to believe another…at least now you’ve successfully convinced me that nothing else is coming out from Hot Toys based upon the Nolan Batman.

I mean the only thing missing from the DX19 to make it a “reisssue” of DX02 is the backpack from the jump he makes in Hong Kong. And even that is present in TDKR when he comes back to gotham in his bunker at the docks to suit up. However the DX19 isn’t exactly just a straight reissue of DX12. It’s got a new body with the updated Bale headsculpt. I think the cowl and mouthplates are from the armory version though I’m not sure.

I will say a 3.0 Joker (if it actually looks good) would make me more inclined to get the DX19 and possibly Two Face since he’s still in stock as well

I mean the only thing missing from the DX19 to make it a “reisssue” of DX02 is the backpack from the jump he makes in Hong Kong. And even that is present in TDKR when he comes back to gotham in his bunker at the docks to suit up. However the DX19 isn’t exactly just a straight reissue of DX12. It’s got a new body with the updated Bale headsculpt. I think the cowl and mouthplates are from the armory version though I’m not sure.

I will say a 3.0 Joker (if it actually looks good) would make me more inclined to get the DX19 and possibly Two Face since he’s still in stock as well
I think the only point I’m making is that the DX12 is a Dark Knight Rises Batman and so is the DX19…regardless of changes they are both depicting Batman from TDKR and it seems silly to say that a TDKR Batman is an indicator of a new Joker being released. If the releases were intended to be complementary then the DX19 would have been a TDK Batman.

I think the only point I’m making is that the DX12 is a Dark Knight Rises Batman and so is the DX19…regardless of changes they are both depicting Batman from TDKR and it seems silly to say that a TDKR Batman is an indicator of a new Joker being released. If the releases were intended to be complementary then the DX19 would have been a TDK Batman.
Gotcha, I get what you’re mean and I agree, I don’t think the DX19 is any indication that a Joker is going to be released either. I honestly think it was just them re-upping the license so they can retain it for another couple of years.

In the last year or so they've done updates of TKDR Batman, Begins Batman, the Tumbler and Two-Face. I'd put money that a 3.0 Joker will come along at some point. And I'll get it, I still need one. The rumored Nurse outfit doesn't do anything for me though. I'd have preferred the Officer look but that was its own figure back in the day so I get why such a "two-pack" is probably not being considered.

Last edited:
I imagine most people who reply to this already like the character but having the dx 1 joker, bank robber 1.0, and the original joker, I'm not sure if I wpuld want to pay $300 + for another one. It would need more than just a nurse outfit for sure.

I have the DX11 and a second body and outfit for the laughing head so I don't see much reason to part with those in favor of a new figure unless it's something truly mind blowing, like the jump from the 2007 Robocop figure to the 2014 one.

On a side note, can someone explain to me how people on FB treat every HT rumor as fact, especially this particular figure? I remember asking a friend why he had all the HT Jokers except this one and he replied "I'm pre-ordering the reissue" and I asked "Wait, what reissue?" and he confidently replied "The reissue that's discussed on the FB group, it's coming, gut feeling."

I'm not really into FB groups so is there like a staff at HT or something leaking information or is it one of those DC movie speculation groups that awaits Zack Synder's "eventual and inevitable return to the DCEU to direct 14 more DC movies"?

I have the DX11 and a second body and outfit for the laughing head so I don't see much reason to part with those in favor of a new figure unless it's something truly mind blowing, like the jump from the 2007 Robocop figure to the 2014 one.

On a side note, can someone explain to me how people on FB treat every HT rumor as fact, especially this particular figure? I remember asking a friend why he had all the HT Jokers except this one and he replied "I'm pre-ordering the reissue" and I asked "Wait, what reissue?" and he confidently replied "The reissue that's discussed on the FB group, it's coming, gut feeling."

I'm not really into FB groups so is there like a staff at HT or something leaking information or is it one of those DC movie speculation groups that awaits Zack Synder's "eventual and inevitable return to the DCEU to direct 14 more DC movies"?
I think it has happened with iron man figures in the past but not often. I dont know if this joker is iminent, but it is inevitable.

I don't need a reissue unless they were to provide a faux-haired head sculpt. That's really the only thing that is needed to take the figure to a higher level.

But it makes sense to reissue, since they redid Two-Face and Batman.

There may be another Hot Toys TDK Joker released at some point…but IF it ever does, it’s release will be COMPLETELY unrelated to these made up rumors.

I don't need a reissue unless they were to provide a faux-haired head sculpt. That's really the only thing that is needed to take the figure to a higher level.

But it makes sense to reissue, since they redid Two-Face and Batman.
The faux hair would have to look really good though, like Asmus Crown Gandalf good or better and I don’t think HT is capable of that just yet. I think if the new hair sculpt could be something like either the 1/3 Blitzway or the 1/4 Queen Studios statue heads, it would work really well at elevating the look from previous HT TDK Jokers.

The faux hair would have to look really good though, like Asmus Crown Gandalf good or better and I don’t think HT is capable of that just yet. I think if the new hair sculpt could be something like either the 1/3 Blitzway or the 1/4 Queen Studios statue heads, it would work really well at elevating the look from previous HT TDK Jokers.
You are probably right. Asmus Crown Gandalf level of hair would raise the price significantly and yet that would be the only thing that would get me to pick up a 3.0 version.

Back