Speculation: Would you get a TDK Joker 3.0?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Utah

Believe me...nothing is trivial
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I have the 1.0 and 2.0 but there's always room for improvement. I'm curious if there will be another from HT down the line or are they truly done. While we're on the subject, I would get pretty much all the TDK trilogy characters again.

It has to knock it completely out of the park in order for me to even consider it. Sculpt needs to be flawless, 2 extra portraits, and all of his accessories. The same goes for a 1/4 scale version.

If it's 1 HS, hell no. Unless it's literally flawless...as in NO one complains about it.

Hell yeah!. I missed out on the other two so im in it for the third one. If they do a 1/4, I'll collect the Batman Nolan line in 1/4.

too early.

and someone is always going to complain. you can get a real scan of the actor's head and be technically 100% accurate and still someone will complain.

Why not...not sure if they would ever revisit this license and I feel like the DX11 gives me everything that I need...but if Hot Toys can top it I would welcome it to my shelf. I would much prefer that they revisit Two Face though as he is the only key figure that you cannot safely display with the other current figures because the quality...due to age... is so much lower than say DX11, DX12, Bane, Selina Kyle, Blake & Gordon, etc....

People would still find ways to "miss out" on it.

So, might as well start another poll for a V4.

Absolutely. 2.0 was released over three years ago and many of us newer collectors missed out. I've tried to purchase it numerous times at a reasonable price, but its average going price is well north of $600 (check sold listings on Ebay). Given this increasing demand on the secondary market there is most likely a market for a re-issue. I purchased the Armory and Signal deluxe sets and I would buy an entire Bat Villains line if they produced it in the same 2 pack format or in singles. Bane and Talia, Joker and Two Face, Scarecrow and Zasaz, Ra's Al Ghul and Asian Ra's, League of Shadows Ninjas, Selina and Lucius. Make it happen!

Absolutely. 2.0 was released over three years ago and many of us newer collectors missed out. I've tried to purchase it numerous times at a reasonable price, but its average going price is well north of $600 (check sold listings on Ebay). Given this increasing demand on the secondary market there is most likely a market for a re-issue. I purchased the Armory and Signal deluxe sets and I would buy an entire Bat Villains line if they produced it in the same 2 pack format or in singles. Bane and Talia, Joker and Two Face, Scarecrow and Zasaz, Ra's Al Ghul and Asian Ra's, League of Shadows Ninjas, Selina and Lucius. Make it happen!

Don't give up hope...I snagged mine from the For Sale Thread here new in Brown Shipper about a month ago for $460 shipped!

I remember following the progress of Joker 2.0 back in 2012, HT really went all out teasing it and the final figure delivered. I'd still get a new one.

Do I think they could improve on the DX 2.0? Quality wise, perhaps, but, if I'm being honest, I really don't think they could top that particular offering as a package. Between the table and the laughing sculpt and the Kato suit and everything, they did a hell of a job with that figure. That's still probably one of my biggest regrets, not getting that back when it was $275. ****, I think I even had it pre-ordered.:lol

Really, I think the only thing they could do at this point is a 1/4 scale version. Of course, that will most likely draw comparisons to the QS 001, and that begs the question: how do you make a cost efficient Joker figure that's as comprehensive in terms of what's packed in as the 1/4 scale Batman? Do you give him the bank robbery outfit and multiple heads? Police outfit? Maybe the nurse outfit, if you're lucky?

I think they can top the 2.0 HS for sure....IMO the bank robber 2.0 HS was better.

rooted hair, the bazooka, an official nurse costume and a log whittled down to a near perfect 1/6th Lau to keep me warm in the winter and we'll talk.

Only if it's 1/4th scale and has a perfect (or at least really dang good) headsculpt.

And no rooted hair. People don't know what they're asking for.

Only if it's 1/4th scale and has a perfect (or at least really dang good) headsculpt.

And no rooted hair. People don't know what they're asking for.

I would buy any new Ledger Joker from Hot Toys sight unseen...but if I heard that it had rooted hair I would actually have to pass...

Back