Speculation: HT Upcoming Marvel Films Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Thor: Ragnarok

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My hope was that would make a standard-ish Thor with improved head sculpt and a standard Hulk with the gladiator gear as add on equipment. My plan was to have the original six avengers with Cap-IM-BW-Hawkeye from Civil War and Thor-Hulk from Ragnarok. In my head it was going to work that the Cap-IM-BW-Hawk were all from the same movie look and it would be okay to not have Hulk-Thor because they weren't in CW and having Thor-Hulk from Ragnarok by themselves because the other 4 aren't in Ragnarok (if that makes sense). That would fit in with my OCD nicely.:lol But if they are going to do way different versions for Thor-Hulk, I might have to go back and grab the AoU versions. That complicates things since I'll have an 'incomplete' lineup from AoU (OCD again) and I didn't really like the Hulk pants in AoU either. And, since I'd be getting AoU figures anyway, I'd be motivated to re-buy AoU Hawkeye instead of the CW version (I'm a fan of trench coats and not seeing jointed elbows). Also, that means I have to buy all of them in the next couple of months instead of spread out between now and after Ragnarok releases (or risk not being able to buy the AoU figures at retail). ugh....

For GotG2
Starlord with new sculpt and short jacket
Gamora with new outfit
Rocket and Baby Groot
Nebula (finally)
Yondo (with big fin)
Mantis
Ayesha (i.e. Her)
I've got a feeling Russell will be both Ego and Warlock (probably de-aged in flashback which might even show Magus, which would be the ultimate payoff for me)

For Thor
Gladiator Hulk
Thor
Hela
Valkyrie
Sif
Heimdall
Skurge

Last edited:
For GotG2
Starlord with new sculpt and short jacket
Gamora with new outfit
Rocket and Baby Groot
Nebula (finally)
Yondo (with big fin)
Mantis
Ayesha (i.e. Her)
I've got a feeling Russell will be both Ego and Warlock (probably de-aged in flashback which might even show Magus, which would be the ultimate payoff for me)

For Thor
Gladiator Hulk
Thor
Hela
Valkyrie
Sif
Heimdall
Skurge

I'm getting impatient for these :lol
Russell being both Ego and Warlock would be absolutely epic :clap

Really just want a Yondu at the moment ...

Especially with his new hawk!

behold-yondu-s-incredible-head-fin.jpg

Spoiler Spoiler:

My hope was that would make a standard-ish Thor with improved head sculpt and a standard Hulk with the gladiator gear as add on equipment. My plan was to have the original six avengers with Cap-IM-BW-Hawkeye from Civil War and Thor-Hulk from Ragnarok. In my head it was going to work that the Cap-IM-BW-Hawk were all from the same movie look and it would be okay to not have Hulk-Thor because they weren't in CW and having Thor-Hulk from Ragnarok by themselves because the other 4 aren't in Ragnarok (if that makes sense). That would fit in with my OCD nicely.:lol But if they are going to do way different versions for Thor-Hulk, I might have to go back and grab the AoU versions. That complicates things since I'll have an 'incomplete' lineup from AoU (OCD again) and I didn't really like the Hulk pants in AoU either. And, since I'd be getting AoU figures anyway, I'd be motivated to re-buy AoU Hawkeye instead of the CW version (I'm a fan of trench coats and not seeing jointed elbows). Also, that means I have to buy all of them in the next couple of months instead of spread out between now and after Ragnarok releases (or risk not being able to buy the AoU figures at retail). ugh....

I just try to get the "best"/favorite representation of each character, and don't worry about which movie its from. If the different stands bother you just get some uniform generic stands for all of them.

I drew the line at GoG and don't collect those. As for Thor I am happy with the AOU Thor and so that's likely all I will get from the Thor movies. But Loki will be tempting if he evokes a classic comic look like he had in the first Thor movie, I regret missing that one. Gladiator Hulk I am sure will be hard to resist, bet it will look awesome. But I have Hulk with the ripped purple pants from the first Avengers movie and love the classic look so I'll try to just be happy with that. Not sure if I will get them, but I could be tempted by a Sif and a Valkyrie figure. Skurge also could be cool.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm pretty sure

Spoiler Spoiler:

Regardless if Hot Toys just does one Thor figure I imagine it'll be the short hair one.

Don't care at all about Spider-man, TBH. Care even less now that Stark's in it (sick of the guy, I can't help it).

Thor 3 right now I'm feeling pretty MEH on, and don't even care to consider whatever figures they'll release at this point in time, minus interest in Loki. I'm going to have to see the film first. And with Episode 8 right around the corner, I'll probably already have figures on my want list from that.

GOTG 2 I'm super excited for, especially the high probability of getting a Yondu. :lol I think the chances are pretty high that I will go fairly deep into this line if I'm able.

Fully agree (except for Spiderman -- I'm pretty hyped on that!). I only picked of the Rocket + Groot pack from GOTG, but I plan on going all in on the GOTG2 releases. Hoping we get some good villains!

I like the thor's total look change of the costume. To loki, as usual, differs little from previous.

Back