Speculation: Hot Toys Star Wars Rogue One Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know, maybe. I just assumed pilot because it was black and probably what she will put on to get out of Dodge, but I also couldn't tell you the difference between TESB Boba and RotJ Boba. A HT TIE pilot would be great.

May be another kind of (Death Star) trooper outfit. It looks like she's wearing two batons on her backpack.

A friend said it looked like the Inquisitor outfit but I don't watch Rebels. I don't know if there's supposed to be any overlap.

I just realised there's a gonk droid in the trailer in the scene where they're walking purposefully through the Yavin hanger with some pilots. Would love a gonk droid.

Who_is_the_Imperial_officer_in_the_white_cloak_in_Star_Wars__Rogue_One_.jpg

CfcJmzmWwAAnHTg.jpg

Yes, please.

I wouldn't say there is no force-sensitives in the movie. Do you saw Royal's guard? They suppose to be force sensitive so they can fight against other force users. I know they prove poorly in EPIII since Yoda kicked their butt by a single wave of a hand, but ... you know, PT sux in many ways :)

There are quite many small details.

Pandatrooper on FISD found some of these differences:

Overall
- everything looks more chunky and symmetrical, less fitted and curvy / sculpted
- The cover strip areas seem to be overlapped and the strips themselves look wider in appearance.

Helmet
- the cap to back line is very sharp, might even be separate?

Back
- very sharp and "boxy" sharp edges to the OII box
- shoulder straps have an angled receptacle molded in
- there's a snap visible just past that receptacle

Chest
- chest to back has a black connecting piece underneath (plastic?) it's shiny in one shot

Kidney

- angled slot opening on the side?
- the back box or raised area seems to look like a separate piece
- not very "curvy", it's very straight and FX like

Belt
- is solid belt instead of canvas
- there's no angled cuts on the corners
- Thermal detonator looks different in details, the O button is bigger and sharply pronounced etc.
- thermal det looks rotated lower, and no visible straps
- end caps have a grey center
- belt has a separate swivel opening on the side closure
- drop boxes don't have visible elastics

Shoulders
- look very FX and round / cylinder like, there's not much swoop to them

Biceps
- open on the underside

Forearms
- shape is very straight
- they seem to open underneath too

Hand guards
- have a much sharper slope to the thumb side

Ab / cod
- the cod is very V shaped and angled from the front (probably for ease of movement)
- in the explosions, the cod and butt aren't strapped together but perhaps thats for stunt safety?

Thighs
- totally different shape
- there's a notch on the outside, but the inner top is very round / tube end at the top
- lower edge shape is different
- thigh ammo strip is mounted higher up

Shins
- shape is quite different
- some have notches cut out in the back
- knee plate sticks out

Boots
- they look like they have a tan sole with a pattern molded in

I never would have spotted 90% of those in a million years. Makes you realise no matter how big a SW fan you are there is always someone bigger.

There is no reason these shouldn't be a 100% replica from ANH armor or as close as they could get it.

I wouldn't say there is no force-sensitives in the movie. Do you saw Royal's guard? They suppose to be force sensitive so they can fight against other force users. I know they prove poorly in EPIII since Yoda kicked their butt by a single wave of a hand, but ... you know, PT sux in many ways :)

Technically those were still the chancellor's guards, not the later recruits he uses. It was just after he declared the Empire. Also we are talking about Yoda. One of, if not the greatest Jedi in the galaxy.

I never would have spotted 90% of those in a million years. Makes you realise no matter how big a SW fan you are there is always someone bigger.

There is no reason these shouldn't be a 100% replica from ANH armor or as close as they could get it.

The old crappy, wonky, asymmetrical and rough OT Stormtrooper armors are not good for today's standards of film-making. People going into the cinema don't want to see gaffer tape or badly built armor on a hi-def 3D movie. I love the crappy OT Stormie armor, it is the one and only for me, I have no interest in getting an idealized one, but I totally get the idea of new improved stuff for the present cinematic times. :)

I get all the speculation and debates on this. .. but the fact is its just a movie. Nothing will ever compare to the first original trilogy of star wars but the fact that they are making all these other parts to the saga should either be just fun to go see and enjoy or not. But its not some life changing stuff here the way some people make it out to be. Either enjoy it or dont

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

But don't you think, every time you watch Alien, how much better it would be if Ripley were played by a dude? Especially the underwear scene at the end.

Just catching up on this thread.

You have a point. I watched The Human Centipede II the other day...

4690830_l1.jpg

Back