Speculation: Hot Toys Star Wars Rogue One Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess I will restrain myself from getting anything beyond the 9 core movies... :(

I could definitely foresee rerelease of regular Storm Troopers and Sandtroopers.

I hope nothing is made from this movie. If there is... I won't be buying it.

Rogue One seems to be the weakest of the Star Wars movies. A cross between a fan made movie and bad CGI.

Several of my buddies have said the same thing and it was what it felt like the first time I saw it. Not sure if that's a testament to how well done fan films are these days or a dig on the movie. A few parts just didn't quite feel convincing maybe. The martial arts guy didn't help.

And when I think Forrest Whitaker and sci-fi, my mind always drifts to this...

u6v9q5j2kl2ij5kv.jpg

Doesn't Enterbay have the license for Ip Man?

Seriously, the trailer looked good until Asian martial arts master fighting Stormtroopers with stick. Those are two circles which are fine on their own, but should not intersect.

I am getting tired of this new star wars where every movie is going to be about a skinny white chick kicking butt. Thank you Disney.

The female lead really doesnt bother me. the martial arts look a bit crappy and out of place. and i'm on the fence with forest whitaker. Other than that I think this looks incredible!! Really excited for it and will definitely be collecting some figures. I do agree that people who arent star wars fans dont seem to be as aware of this one. I freaked out at work when the trailer launched yesterday and i had to explain to everyone what it was. They were all expecting ep VIII next.

Rogue One seems to be the weakest of the Star Wars movies. A cross between a fan made movie and bad CGI.

Lol, I love this. We get a trailer 8 months out from release and people have already made up their mind on the movie.

Im liking the first rogue one trailer a lot more than I did the first TFA one. I remember seeing BB-8 and thinking he looked more like a crappy prequels unrealistic CGI design. Then they rolled him out on stage at Star wars celebration and my mind was blown! Think we have only had a little peak at what this movie has to offer!

I for one enjoyed this trailer a lot and would gladly add a Donnie Yen figure to my collection, among other characters from this movie... if it's any good.
I'm taking a wait and see approach on this one, like I did for TFA (turns out I ended up ordering a lot of stuff :lol).

And in a world setting that's a whole universe where we have giant talking slugs and laser sabers and ships that go beyond the speed of light and a zillion of different creatures and cultures, I don't see how a fighter/tribe/race that uses what ressembles martial arts would be that much of a stretch. If it's cleverly incorporated in the movie I don't mind it, at all.

I am getting tired of this new star wars where every movie is going to be about a skinny white chick kicking butt. Thank you Disney.

I am getting tired of every movie ever being about a downtrodden athletic white dude realising his destiny and kicking butt.

Disney did not invent women. They just remembered they existed, and being a hero is not male exclusive.

I am getting tired of every movie ever being about a downtrodden athletic white dude realising his destiny and kicking butt.

Disney did not invent women. They just remembered they existed, and being a hero is not male exclusive.

Yeah, other than maybe Twilight there really has only been a few movies in the past five or so years about chicks realising destiny and kicking butt.

Oh, except...

Rogue One
Kick-*ss
Kick-*ss 2
Divergent
Allegiant
Insurgent
Ascendant
Hunger Games
Catching Fire
Mockingjay
Mockingjay2
Force Awakens
Underworld IV
Underworld V
Salt
Girl With Dragon Tattoo
Hanna
etc...

I hope Garindan is the guy underneath the hood, so Hot Toys can make him. I'm currently using the Hasbro version as a placeholder.
39330291_1_m.jpg

Doesn't Enterbay have the license for Ip Man?

Seriously, the trailer looked good until Asian martial arts master fighting Stormtroopers with stick. Those are two circles which are fine on their own, but should not intersect.
Attacks one stormtrooper with his stick but there's 3 more to the right of him who should have no problem shooting him.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Attacks one stormtrooper with his stick but there's 3 more to the right of him who should have no problem shooting him.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yeah that's what I thought was odd and the missing light sabers in this doesn't scream SW IMO

Yeah, other than maybe Twilight there really has only been a few movies in the past five or so years about chicks realising destiny and kicking butt.

Oh, except...

And even with that list, the number of movies with a male lead outweighs the number of movies with a female lead. I won't get in this with you as this thread is not about that, I was just stating that the original comment about every Star Wars movie featuring a female lead was sexist, and frankly stupid considering that this is the second Star Wars movie featuring a female lead, with male supporting. And you know what? Even if every Star Wars movie from now on had a female lead, that wouldn't detract from it being a good film. A good film is not made or destroyed by the gender of its lead character.

And on that note, I will leave this conversation at that. If you want to argue with me further about it feel free to PM me so we don't spam the thread with irrelevant comments, but my opinion stands: a good film is not made or destroyed by gender.

The trailer looked great to me, looks like a focus the gritty military side of things, which certainly does have a place in the saga. And the story premise is a good one for a stand alone movie IMO.

I welcome it with open arms and cant wait to see it, but Im not even close to thinking about buying $200+ figures from it yet lol

I welcome it with open arms and cant wait to see it, but Im not even close to thinking about buying $200+ figures from it yet lol
Yeah, the only ones I would off the bat consider are the obvious ones--Rebel troopers, X-Wing Pilot, Royal Guard, etc. that are really just OT figures.

Back