Speculation: Hot Toys Star Wars Rogue One Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Garindan is one of the best spies in the universe, so that can be taken into account on how he is worthy enough to talk to the Emperor in a valuable hologram room, rather than in person. Again, those are just my theories. Maybe the figure is the Emperor himself going to the Bacta Tank after he was injured and limping. Maybe he is Vader who took off his helmet in order to see the Emperor's hologram with his own eyes.
As far as random aliens on desert planets who skulk around corners go, I'm with you totally. But that's like saying Empire's ice cream maker guy is the best dairist (?) in the universe. Stuff added after the movies just to make random, minor characters seem way more important than they are.

I reckon it's a jawa reporting to the emperor. They have cloaks and stuff

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I was actually surprised there wasn't a Vader breathing moment at the end of the trailer. I'm guessing that's going to be a big part of what will add tension to the movie. Vader is probably going to be able to sense the infiltration team and will be hunting them down. Nothing more terrifying than trying to complete a dangerous mission with a super sith on your ass. We've already seen that there will be Royal Guards, so hopefully we'll finally get those figures. But I would not be surprised to see some other type of Vader henchmen. Maybe he has his own personal squad of sith acolytes, which could open up some cool design possibilities. Of course I'll wait to see the movie before preordering anything. It's doubtful HT will solicit any figures until they see whether or not the movie is a hit, unless it's a new Vader which is practically money in the bank.

Eventually it will all come down to how well SW:RO is received. Maybe the only figures will be one or two of the human stars and some armor variants, but we might also see a pretty nice lineup.
At some point the Star Wars movies will probably get over saturated if Disney ends up milking it too much. I've never been that excited about the idea of a Boba Fett movie and only so-so on a young Han Solo flick. However this one looks pretty amazing.

Several of my buddies have said the same thing and it was what it felt like the first time I saw it. Not sure if that's a testament to how well done fan films are these days or a dig on the movie. A few parts just didn't quite feel convincing maybe. The martial arts guy didn't help.

It is a dig for me. Does not look Star Warsy or feel Star Warsy.
Lol, I love this. We get a trailer 8 months out from release and people have already made up their mind on the movie.

I said it seems to be. That in no way definitively means I made my mind up on the movie. Here is an example of that phrase. It seems to me you can't comprehend sentences. Maybe you can? But from the one interaction I had with you... that is not the case. Now, maybe if I read another reply of yours, I can change my mind, but not yet.

I agree that in certain ways it doesn't look very Star Warsy but it also looks better than all the prequels to me (in normal movie terms--acting, directing, etc).

Overall I'm intrigued but skeptical. I think the dialogue in the beginning of the trailer sounds like an episode of Law and Order. Something about the language, but it looks like it will be a well made movie so I'll reserve judgement until I see that scene in context.

In the end it probably wouldn't be very healthy if all the movies mimicked the tone of ANH or Empire or TFA. I've been reading some of the SW comics, which at times are enjoyable but mostly look like dog **** compared to what this movie could be.

Sign me up for this figure:

FJrogueone01.jpg

In the end, aren't we ready for Star Wars to broaden the scale thematically? Also, instead of Vader, who would ultimately have to lose against the Rogue One unit, it's probably better to perhaps not bring Vader in direct pursuit of this team. But maybe he shows up looking for <speculation> Old Jedi and those guys sacrifice themselves in order to save the team and the mission. Light sabers in the last act, boom Vader wins, but loses, super cool new REAL military of Star Wars movie is born.

The thing too is she might not end up the main protagonist just as Finn didn't. The internet broke down and we saw how "particular" fandom is about race when the first trailer was cut to seem like Finn was the lead, so this too could be clever cutting. Hell we don't even know who Forest Whittaker was even talking to????

In the end, aren't we ready for Star Wars to broaden the scale thematically? Also, instead of Vader, who would ultimately have to lose against the Rogue One unit, it's probably better to perhaps not bring Vader in direct pursuit of this team. But maybe he shows up looking for <speculation> Old Jedi and those guys sacrifice themselves in order to save the team and the mission. Light sabers in the last act, boom Vader wins, but loses, super cool new REAL military of Star Wars movie is born.

The thing too is she might not end up the main protagonist just as Finn didn't. The internet broke down and we saw how "particular" fandom is about race when the first trailer was cut to seem like Finn was the lead, so this too could be clever cutting. Hell we don't even know who Forest Whittaker was even talking to????

What a bunch of idiots though - there's jedi master Yoda sitting around on Dagobah in a hut, the great Obi Wan Kenobi sitting around on a desert planet with an extra lightsaber to boot, the hidden prodigal son of former Jedi Knight Darth Vader chasing womp rats on the SAME desert planet, and who do they turn to for this mission?

Katniss with a rap sheet and a 'tude to burn.:slap:lol

I never understood the "why another female lead" argument. A fantastically written, strong character is all I need. If they're male, fine. Female, often finer ;)

I just want a good story, good acting performances and a memorable movie. I like Felicity Jones' character's vibe so far. If it is indicative of her overall character, I could see buying her without much hesitation. I don't know about the "Death Troopers" or anything else really, I'm willing to keep an open mind until then. Some of the side characters look interesting but depending on what else is on order I could passing just due to lack of funds.

:goodpost: I totally agree. :hi5: +1

But don't you think, every time you watch Alien, how much better it would be if Ripley were played by a dude? Especially the underwear scene at the end.

:lol :rotfl:lol :lol +1

Though I like the trailer and cannot wait to watch Rogue One, I will not collect any characters from it. Despite the close resemblance of the RO classic Stormies to the OT Stormies they are quite different regarding some details. So I'll keep collecting what I like: OT Imperials

What are the differences between OT Stormtroopers and RO Stormtroopers? I think the OT Stormtrooper design is the best armor design ever but I'm no expert. I know there are minor differences between ANH and ESB/ROTJ

I personally loved the new trailer. I don't really get what this feeling or looking star wars means as it always seems to me that this only incorporates looking like the old trilogy and to do with nostalgia regarding that trilogy. The one criticism I have for most star wars fans is that they do not embrace change. It started with the original trilogy but things move on and I am happy that they are filling these gaps with films and not have to just read about stories like the 'old canon' (which half the time contradicted each other).

What are the differences between OT Stormtroopers and RO Stormtroopers? I think the OT Stormtrooper design is the best armor design ever but I'm no expert. I know there are minor differences between ANH and ESB/ROTJ

There are quite many small details.

Pandatrooper on FISD found some of these differences:

Overall
- everything looks more chunky and symmetrical, less fitted and curvy / sculpted
- The cover strip areas seem to be overlapped and the strips themselves look wider in appearance.

Helmet
- the cap to back line is very sharp, might even be separate?

Back
- very sharp and "boxy" sharp edges to the OII box
- shoulder straps have an angled receptacle molded in
- there's a snap visible just past that receptacle

Chest
- chest to back has a black connecting piece underneath (plastic?) it's shiny in one shot

Kidney

- angled slot opening on the side?
- the back box or raised area seems to look like a separate piece
- not very "curvy", it's very straight and FX like

Belt
- is solid belt instead of canvas
- there's no angled cuts on the corners
- Thermal detonator looks different in details, the O button is bigger and sharply pronounced etc.
- thermal det looks rotated lower, and no visible straps
- end caps have a grey center
- belt has a separate swivel opening on the side closure
- drop boxes don't have visible elastics

Shoulders
- look very FX and round / cylinder like, there's not much swoop to them

Biceps
- open on the underside

Forearms
- shape is very straight
- they seem to open underneath too

Hand guards
- have a much sharper slope to the thumb side

Ab / cod
- the cod is very V shaped and angled from the front (probably for ease of movement)
- in the explosions, the cod and butt aren't strapped together but perhaps thats for stunt safety?

Thighs
- totally different shape
- there's a notch on the outside, but the inner top is very round / tube end at the top
- lower edge shape is different
- thigh ammo strip is mounted higher up

Shins
- shape is quite different
- some have notches cut out in the back
- knee plate sticks out

Boots
- they look like they have a tan sole with a pattern molded in

We don't have proof this hooded guy is a major character. He could have simply seen a Rebel scene and reported it to Sidious/Vader, and was yet never seen again.

I was actually surprised there wasn't a Vader breathing moment at the end of the trailer. I'm guessing that's going to be a big part of what will add tension to the movie. Vader is probably going to be able to sense the infiltration team and will be hunting them down. Nothing more terrifying than trying to complete a dangerous mission with a super sith on your ass.
There's a single breath at the what will you become bit near the end where she's just stood in partial disguise.
If Vader is in it he must. MUST kick ass hard.

For sure! If Vader is in it, we totally need to SEE in great detail the Vader in combat we've only seen in the games.

Back