Speculation: Hot Toys Star Wars Rogue One Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though I like the trailer and cannot wait to watch Rogue One, I will not collect any characters from it. Despite the close resemblance of the RO classic Stormies to the OT Stormies they are quite different regarding some details. So I'll keep collecting what I like: OT Imperials

Well we certainly know what Hot Toys has been up to instead of OT releases soooo...hurry up and take my money!
As far as the lead goes, she does look badass! Though, it does feel a bit mandated because it looks like the first two movies out the box feature a female lead. There's absolutely nothing wrong with this. Very similar to how Tarantino likes to quite purposefully change expected archetypes in his movies. Westerns with AA leads and Kung Fu films with Caucasian female leads. He's blown nerdom minds with this very deliberate change. Disney hopefully will too. I for one am a Star Wars nut case so make the figures, all of them. I want em now!!!!

As incredibly cute as Felicity Jones looks in that black Imperial uniform at the end, I think I'll have to wait to see the movie before deciding on any figures to buy.

That Death Squad Trooper (or whatever it is) really jumped out at me as a very cool figure opportunity. I also liked the Felicity Jones character in her regular outfit, not so much the imperial disguise. The Admiral was cool and reminded me of my Thrawn figure. Oh, and a Royal Guard...and Vader...and the Emperor (assuming they show him). Well, I guess I'm in for a few grand if they go all in :)

I hope Garindan is the guy underneath the hood, so Hot Toys can make him. I'm currently using the Hasbro version as a placeholder.
View attachment 257421

I believe that the hooded figure in the trailer is Garindan.

Why would Garindan be reporting to someone as high-up as the Emperor?

I'm picturing a comical scene in which the Emperor, sinister and creepy, has a serious conversation with Garindan, who of course speaks in weird squeaks and similar noises.

I am getting tired of this new star wars where every movie is going to be about a skinny white chick kicking butt. Thank you Disney.

How dare they screw up YOUR Star Wars?

skiff.jpg
leia-kills-jabba.jpg
padme1.jpg

Why would Garindan be reporting to someone as high-up as the Emperor?

I'm picturing a comical scene in which the Emperor, sinister and creepy, has a serious conversation with Garindan, who of course speaks in weird squeaks and similar noises.

The movie isn't based on Force-sensitives, and Garindan is the only one who sport a hod and cape other than Palpatine (who isn't the kneeling type). Those are just my guesses. Wearing a black cape doesn't automatically make you a Sith, since we've seen Phasma and the Jawas wearing them all the time. The Emperor should be able to understand Garindan, assuming they know plenty of languages.

The movie isn't based on Force-sensitives, and Garindan is the only one who sport a hod and cape other than Palpatine (who isn't the kneeling type). Those are just my guesses. Wearing a black cape doesn't automatically make you a Sith, since we've seen Phasma and the Jawas wearing them all the time. The Emperor should be able to understand Garindan, assuming they know plenty of languages.
I meant that Garindan has a very silly sounding language, and him having a conversation with the Emperor would seem very strange because the Emperor is such a solemn and sinister figure.

Also, we have no reason to think that Garindan reports to the Emperor himself. I always assumed he was simply one of thousands of informants throughout the galaxy.

I meant that Garindan has a very silly sounding language, and him having a conversation with the Emperor would seem very strange because the Emperor is such a solemn and sinister figure.

Also, we have no reason to think that Garindan reports to the Emperor himself. I always assumed he was simply one of thousands of informants throughout the galaxy.

Garindan is one of the best spies in the universe, so that can be taken into account on how he is worthy enough to talk to the Emperor in a valuable hologram room, rather than in person. Again, those are just my theories. Maybe the figure is the Emperor himself going to the Bacta Tank after he was injured and limping. Maybe he is Vader who took off his helmet in order to see the Emperor's hologram with his own eyes.

Garindan is one of the best spies in the universe, so that can be taken into account on how he is worthy enough to talk to the Emperor in a valuable hologram room, rather than in person. Again, those are just my theories. Maybe the figure is the Emperor himself going to the Bacta Tank after he was injured and limping. Maybe he is Vader who took off his helmet in order to see the Emperor's hologram with his own eyes.
When and where was it said that he's one of the best spies in the universe?

What I'm saying is, Garindan personally communicating or meeting with the Emperor or another high-up Imperial would be out of place and silly.

When and where was it said that he's one of the best spies in the universe?

What I'm saying is, Garindan personally communicating or meeting with the Emperor or another high-up Imperial would be out of place and silly.

"Garindan, is one of the best spies in the galaxy."-Star Wars Visual Dictionary

I agree with that.

I never understood the "why another female lead" argument. A fantastically written, strong character is all I need. If they're male, fine. Female, often finer ;)

I just want a good story, good acting performances and a memorable movie. I like Felicity Jones' character's vibe so far. If it is indicative of her overall character, I could see buying her without much hesitation. I don't know about the "Death Troopers" or anything else really, I'm willing to keep an open mind until then. Some of the side characters look interesting but depending on what else is on order I could passing just due to lack of funds.

I never understood the "why another female lead" argument. A fantastically written, strong character is all I need. If they're male, fine. Female, often finer ;)
But don't you think, every time you watch Alien, how much better it would be if Ripley were played by a dude? Especially the underwear scene at the end.

I just want a good story, good acting performances and a memorable movie. I like Felicity Jones' character's vibe so far. If it is indicative of her overall character, I could see buying her without much hesitation. I don't know about the "Death Troopers" or anything else really, I'm willing to keep an open mind until then. Some of the side characters look interesting but depending on what else is on order I could passing just due to lack of funds.

:goodpost:

But don't you think, every time you watch Alien, how much better it would be if Ripley were played by a dude? Especially the underwear scene at the end.

:rotfl You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TonTon again.

Back