Speculation: Hot Toys Star Wars Rogue One Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope at least some of them survive the end of the movie, but they have Darth Vader in pursuit. That shot of Jyn going straight towards a TIE Fighter makes me feel like... she won't make it.

I hope at least some of them survive the end of the movie, but they have Darth Vader in pursuit. That shot of Jyn going straight towards a TIE Fighter makes me feel like... she won't make it.

Like you never saw any movie. There will be some ally in that tie and rescue her. But i hope they will not make it, just the plans. For the sake of continuity.

Figures look fantastic. I'll wait for the movie before ordering anything. I think Andor is probably a given, but I hope they also make Krennic and Saw.

Not really confident for those two. Ht already revealed 17 unique figures for this movie, half being troopers with shared parts. Looking at HT recent record, i just don't see them spend more in development for a one off movie. Especially true since there are two to three more important characters left to reveal.

Not really confident for those two. Ht already revealed 17 unique figures for this movie, half being troopers with shared parts. Looking at HT recent record, i just don't see them spend more in development for a one off movie. Especially true since there are two to three more important characters left to reveal.

Don't forget Krennic. No way that guy is left out of the line-up. He's to be revealed along with Cassian and Bohdi.

But you're right -- alien/creatures like Bistan and Pao HT seems to stay away from. Maybe Sideshow will offer them.

Like you never saw any movie. There will be some ally in that tie and rescue her. But i hope they will not make it, just the plans. For the sake of continuity.

There is no clash of continuity if some of them survive. The Ep. IV crawl tells that during the battle rebel spies transmitted the station's plans to Princess Leia, but make no mention of their fate.

And we have seen many main characters killed in Star Wars: Qui-Gon Jinn, about a hundred noble Jedi, then 99% of the Jedi Order (EVERYBODY DIED there), then the ENTIRE population of Alderaan, then Obi-Wan Kenobi. Then 27 rebel pilots... the main character of the Star Wars saga, Anakin Skywalker, dies. Then the ENTIRE population of Hosnian prime and its fleet, and last but not least, our beloved Han, at the hands of his own son, cruelly enough, and in the Disney era.

So, if someone says nobody dies in Star Wars... you haven't been paying attention. ;)

Krennic and Cassian Andor have to be coming. Those were the only two I wanted besides Jyn. Maybe they get revealed the day the movie comes out?

And we have seen many main characters killed in Star Wars: Qui-Gon Jinn, about a hundred noble Jedi, then 99% of the Jedi Order (EVERYBODY DIED there), then the ENTIRE population of Alderaan, then Obi-Wan Kenobi. Then 27 rebel pilots... the main character of the Star Wars saga, Anakin Skywalker, dies. Then the ENTIRE population of Hosnian prime and its fleet, and last but not least, our beloved Han, at the hands of his own son, cruelly enough, and in the Disney era.

So, if someone says nobody dies in Star Wars... you haven't been paying attention. ;)

You forgot Biggs, Dak, Padme, Yoda, Mace Windu....literally tons of main and secondary characters have been killed in Star Wars.

You don't pay attention to your own writing. You say "Main Characters" and then include random Jedi and the population of Alderaan as your argument.

So the actual Main characters that died in the entire six films of the saga were Ben, Yoda, Mace, Amidala and Qui-Gon. Big deal. And most of them came back as ghosts.

There's also Biggs Darklighter. But he couldn't be called a Main Character. Going by the original film (without knowledge of the backstory) he was just another pilot.

You forgot Biggs, Dak, Padme, Yoda, Mace Windu....literally tons of main and secondary characters have been killed in Star Wars.

You're worse than the guy above. TONS? Seriously?

EDIT: I didn't address TFA because it follows the same structure as ANH. In fact, usually the mentor 'dies' in these fairy tales -- that's the big tragic death -- and Han took the mentor role in TFA.

I still don't see how any of your arguments proves that the entire cast of Rogue One is doomed to death? Or that SW/Disney would ever have that kind of ending to a "fairy tale"...

Last edited:
I really wish Krennic. We need some Imperial officer. If not Tarkin or Veers, then Krennic please!

Don't forget Krennic. No way that guy is left out of the line-up. He's to be revealed along with Cassian and Bohdi.

But you're right -- alien/creatures like Bistan and Pao HT seems to stay away from. Maybe Sideshow will offer them.

I've always thought that the best solution would be for HT to handle the human and humanoid alien characters and for Sideshow to take on the aliens. I agree HT probably doesn't want to spend money developing one-off characters unless they are fan favorites. SS has done a fairly decent job on aliens. Another option that could work would be for HT to subcontract out to a smaller company. A small, hungry company would probably bend over backwards to make 1:6 Star Wars aliens. That might also be the only way to see a Wampa or Ackbar.

You don't pay attention to your own writing. You say "Main Characters" and then include random Jedi and the population of Alderaan as your argument.

So the actual Main characters that died in the entire six films of the saga were Ben, Yoda, Mace, Amidala and Qui-Gon. Big deal. And most of them came back as ghosts.

There's also Biggs Darklighter. But he couldn't be called a Main Character. Going by the original film (without knowledge of the backstory) he was just another pilot.

You're worse than the guy above. TONS? Seriously?

EDIT: I didn't address TFA because it follows the same structure as ANH. In fact, usually the mentor 'dies' in these fairy tales -- that's the big tragic death -- and Han took the mentor role in TFA.

I still don't see how any of your arguments proves that the entire cast of Rogue One is doomed to death? Or that SW/Disney would ever have that kind of ending to a "fairy tale"...

The point I was making is that Star Wars is not and never has been a "happily ever after" kind of story. So some of them might die. I hope Jyn and Cassian survive (if Cassian doesn't, then he wasn't cannonized Kyle Katarn ��), and that nothing in continuity requires a no-survivors endgame.

The point I was making is that Star Wars is not and never has been a "happily ever after" kind of story. So some of them might die. I hope Jyn and Cassian survive (if Cassian doesn't, then he wasn't cannonized Kyle Katarn ��), and that nothing in continuity requires a no-survivors endgame.

Well, granted the middle chapters are usually dark (or want to be), but I do think that half of the episodes (1,4 and 6) were pretty much "happily ever afters"... Of course the PT is a tragedy overall so it has a 'doomed' tenor from the start.

We'll see how the new saga plays out. The finale to TFA was a bit of a mixed, unfinished bag. Meaning: neither happy nor sad.

Back