Special pre-Toy Fair announcement...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny how we go from the King to the Monkees - and it is all Abstractharmnony's fault! :stake

More Monkees ... :monkey5 :monkey4 :monkey1 :monkey2 :monkey3

LISTEN

:rock

dr2red said:
Dusty I am a big fan of Davy Jones and the Monkees. I was able to see them
in 86 without Mike Nesmith. At my wedding half of the music was by the Monkees.
I am a Monkees geek, kind of explains my POTA fixation.
hey I got a good Monkees related story.
Im about 15min from the Coliseum where Jimi Hendrix was slotted as an opener for them waaaaay back before anybody knew who Hendrix was.

... poor Jimi was booed off the stage by the Monkees fans :monkey2

I wish it was this Elvis.

elvis.jpg

pixletwin said:
Michael Nesmith wrote alot of Monkee songs (he was also one of the founders of MTV) and I believe they wrote alot of music for the Monkee's movie Head (which is a great album, actually.. The Porpoise Song was even on the Vanilla Sky OST).

I love the song Circle Sky is one of my favs and Mike wrote it. He started the
age of music videos with his amazing video called Elephant parts. I still have
it somewhere at home on Vhs.

I think its great news, IMO, this is who they should have opened the line with. I mean who is more Legendary than Elvis???

I will most likely not be getting it though:monkey2. I must try very hard this year to focus my collecting habits, and Elvis just isnt in my realm of collecting right now.

Just another Monkee reference. Does anyone remember Michael Nesmith's "Lucy And Ramona And Sunset Sam". One of the true Nesmith classics. :cool:

Back