Special pre-Toy Fair announcement...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOTRFan said:
Has she ever really told you who your father is ....

:peace

sw017.gif

Your mom stood up Davey Jones??? I ADORED Davey Jones when I was little... I watched the Monkees three times a day when I was 10/11 years old, for reals :chew

SideshowDusty said:
Your mom stood up Davey Jones??? I ADORED Davey Jones when I was little... I watched the Monkees three times a day when I was 10/11 years old, for reals :chew

Dusty I am a big fan of Davy Jones and the Monkees. I was able to see them
in 86 without Mike Nesmith. At my wedding half of the music was by the Monkees.
I am a Monkees geek, kind of explains my POTA fixation.

Yeah, he's from the same place in Manchester as my mom was from and when he came back from the first flush of success that the Monkees had he went back into the same pubs expecting 'special' treatment.

That doesn't work in Manchester.

He was clicking his fingers expecting to get service and generally acting like a complete penis.

Anyhoo, he asked my Mum out and she said yes when prompted by her friends.

Instead, she decided to work a shift at my gran's pub. (the one with the cat that urinated on the meat pies...but that's another story...)

I did meet Davy Jones last year when he did a small theatre tour of the UK and he was a genuinely nice guy. As a Manc you would have the 'L.A.' kicked out of you...

pixletwin said:
That explains why Abstract is only 5'3 when his mom is 5'6 and his dad is 6'1 ;) :p

Yeah, I also have a tendancy to suddenly speed into 'fast forward' actions and be accompanied by a jaunty sixties pop hit too at seemingly 'hilarious' moments.

That and the other three guys wearing matching outfits who follow me around everywhere...

abstractharmony said:
Yeah, he's from the same place in Manchester as my mom was from and when he came back from the first flush of success that the Monkees had he went back into the same pubs expecting 'special' treatment.

That doesn't work in Manchester.

He was clicking his fingers expecting to get service and generally acting like a complete penis.

Anyhoo, he asked my Mum out and she said yes when prompted by her friends.

Instead, she decided to work a shift at my gran's pub. (the one with the cat that urinated on the meat pies...but that's another story...)

I did meet Davy Jones last year when he did a small theatre tour of the UK and he was a genuinely nice guy. As a Manc you would have the 'L.A.' kicked out of you...

That is very cool AB. Did you mention your mom when you met him?
Amazingly Davy is taller than me and that is saying a lot.

dr2red said:
That is very cool AB. Did you mention your mom when you met him?
Amazingly Davy is taller than me and that is saying a lot.

No, but he remembered my dad who was with me at the time.

Bizarrely, he remembered he owed him a cigarette...(my dad used to be a Coffee Server at the 'Twisted Wheel' which was the Manchester equivalent of the Cavern Club)

So this was like 40 years ago!!!!!

Yeah, it made me sad when the board stopped working for a bit.

And so now we can discuss!

I don't like Elvis so this announcement means nothing to me. However, I know a lot of other people do so this will probably be really popular.

I have wanted a PF Elvis for awhile. The announcement says it will be Elvis when he was "at the top of his game." So what does that mean? Elvis was always Elvis! :D

abstractharmony said:
Davy Jones from the Monkees.

My mum actually had a date with him back in the 1960's. She stood him up...
My mom says she had a date with Richard Carpenter but then he canceled. She also says she was invited back stage at the Whiskey by the Doors, she declined.

Back