Special pre-Toy Fair announcement...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's cool. Not for me but I think this will sell very well. Lots of Elvis fans out there.

pixletwin said:
I have wanted a PF Elvis for awhile. The announcement says it will be Elvis when he was "at the top of his game." So what does that mean? Elvis was always Elvis! :D

I am guessing it means minus the coke, and ludes.

This is a really exciting announcement, it could definately be the best PF in terms of costuming yet!

:clap

Elvis is an awesome addition to the Music Legends line. Yeah, he's not hardcore by any means.... But the man is more Famous than almost anyone on the planet... and he's the KING...:rock

I probably won't buy it, but that's because I just have to choose my statues very carefully... can only get 1 or 2 a year. :D

And we all know how hardcore musicians were back then, or anything in general. Yet I love the 1950's. I have no idea why... I am only in my 20's. hehe

I collect a few things from that era.

I'll take anything but I would love Fat Elvis with the Phoeniz Jumpsuit or Elvis from the cover of his first album.

auction_belt_phoenix1972.jpg
or
200px-CD-elvis-presley.jpg

Anti-Climatic....for me anyway....good for all the Elvis fans out there, my wife's stepdad will love it and there are now gift options for him from SSC but I was hoping for 12" news....:monkey2

dr2red said:
Dusty I am a big fan of Davy Jones and the Monkees. I was able to see them
in 86 without Mike Nesmith. At my wedding half of the music was by the Monkees.
I am a Monkees geek, kind of explains my POTA fixation.

Sweet! I was heartbroken when I found out that they weren't actually a band before the show started and didn't write their own music... that they were just actors. But I still love the show :rock

abstractharmony said:
Oh dear...

Dude, I'm a Pantera fan from way back but come on!!!!
Lol I'm currently listening to Pantera so it's on my mind at the moment. I'm just not all that interested in Elvi.

pixletwin said:
For the 50's he DEFINED hardcore. :rock

This IS very true.... I remember watching docs about him where parent were appalled by his gyrating hips and soul inspired music....

The man was a genius and one of the greatest musicians to ever grace this Earth. My Dad is a huge fan... I admit some of it has worn on to me...:lol

SideshowDusty said:
Sweet! I was heartbroken when I found out that they weren't actually a band before the show started and didn't write their own music... that they were just actors. But I still love the show :rock

Michael Nesmith wrote alot of Monkee songs (he was also one of the founders of MTV) and I believe they wrote alot of music for the Monkee's movie Head (which is a great album, actually.. The Porpoise Song was even on the Vanilla Sky OST).

My Mom was, is and always will be a huge Elvis fan! Consequently, I grew up listening to Elvis, so I can't help but to like this announcement. As I remember, when they first announced the Legendary Musicians line, the most common requests were Elvis, Cash, the Stones, the Beatles, etc. so this should please a lot of people, not only those wanting Elvis, but it should give hope to the others that this line wasn't just about Kiss marketing!!! :rotfl

pixletwin said:
Michael Nesmith wrote alot of Monkee songs (he was also one of the founders of MTV) and I believe they wrote alot of music for the Monkee's movie Head (which is a great album, actually.. The Porpoise Song was even on the Vanilla Sky OST).
Wow! Someone else who is familiar with Head. It is a great album. And the movie is insane.

pixletwin said:

Useless fact for the day!!!

Nesmith's Mom invented Liquid Paper correction fluid!!! :D

Back