Soldier Story or Damtoys: which do you prefer, and why?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soldier Story, better quality and craftsmanship IMHO. I have the FBI CIRG and it comes with tons of accessories and the quality is top notch. The clothing is also superb.

I thought about picking up a DAM Navy Seal Recon Team Leader but sort of lost interest when I saw it in person. I just felt the finish on the head sculpt and the clothing/accessories altogether were lacking. Moreover, I believe most DAM toys come with bendy hands. I'm not much of a fan of those.

Soldier Story, better quality and craftsmanship IMHO. I have the FBI CIRG and it comes with tons of accessories and the quality is top notch. The clothing is also superb.

I thought about picking up a DAM Navy Seal Recon Team Leader but sort of lost interest when I saw it in person. I just felt the finish on the head sculpt and the clothing/accessories altogether were lacking. Moreover, I believe most DAM toys come with bendy hands. I'm not much of a fan of those.

Ya the HS bodies and hands are odd to me with DAM figures but I love the uniforms and weapons that came off the TOTS figures plus the chest rig from the pointmen they are really cool. The Corpsmen woodland BDU was a bit upsetting since they sewed the lapels down.

Sorry to bump this thread, but I want to say thanks again to everyone who responded, it's been extremely helpful for my plans on what to buy next! I'll leave this thread open in case anyone ever wants to talk about anything at all (I don't mind off-topic discussions at all haha). :)

@MidnightClad Thanks for the info on the GCPD patch! I never knew much about Onesixthking until now! I hope to get the FBI CIRG first, your Batman setup idea with him is a great idea (I also realized someone might also be able to make a custom Hunk from Resident Evil with his gear haha)! :)

Bump
Since the last comment was 5 years ago, would like to know which is better now with regards to modern military figures
Soldier Story? Damtoys? Or Easy & Simple?
Thanks

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

They are basically the two top 1/6 real-world military action figure companies and both have pluses and minuses in terms of quality, scale, subject matter, etc..

Thanks for the replies! i personally like Damtoys as well, but havent had any Easy & Simple Figures, how the quality of it?

Back