So what Next Gen Gaming System did you ACTUALY buy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Next Gen Gaming Solution Did you Actualy Purchase?

• Total voters
I abhor console gaming since games like Quake were ported. Console gaming for me means Mario, Street Fighter etc etc. PC upgraded and ready to destroy ANY next Gen console in terms of capability and performance.

I abhor console gaming since games like Quake were ported. Console gaming for me means Mario, Street Fighter etc etc. PC upgraded and ready to destroy ANY next Gen console in terms of capability and performance.

axecutioner's new upgraded computer.

ahutu9eb.jpg

very nice mate :)

Youre going to be popular around here.

So impressions of both.

PS4 the controller is much better than old PS3 controller. Nice small and quite. I don't see it as ground breaking but it's a nice step forward. They kind if took the MS approach this time and approve it where is last time they really took a big step forward with the BluRay integration.

Xbox One the controller is actually a lil worse the 360 controller but still better than either PS controller. While many will say all the tv integration stuff is gimmicky , some of the integration to TV is actually pretty cool. The dashboard was easy to adjust to if your use to windows 8. They actually did something new not just update the old like last time.

Game play wise not sure there is much difference between the two. This time the PS will be more than a BluRay player.

The only thing I don't like about the Xbox One controller is that the shoulder buttons are too high, and they're too stiff

Zombie U hands down, is BETTER than Killzone Shadow Fall, Knack, and Ryse. Haven't finished Dead Rising yet, but so far that seems like the only very good game to have come out at launch for these two systems. Zombie U gets allot of hate, but that ****ing game is terrifying and fun. So I believe you if ZU got a higher score than all of the PS4 and X1 launch titles on Meta.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Well, you'd be wrong, Forza 5 and Dead Rising 3 (a zombie game) both have higher scores than ZombiU

IMHO Nintendo, although rather stubborn about not manufacturing hardware capable of the "latest" bells and whistles graphically, does not deserve all the trashtalk it gets.

Firstly because of it's importance and legacy to gaming. We are here playing these games because of Nintendo and their Famicon.

Second, Nintendo makes great games! They are so good, in fact, they don't need fountains of blood and gore to flow to succeed. These are family friendly franchises that are also very rewarding to older players like me (31).

Yes, the WiiU isn't as powerful as the new generation (considerably weaker), and if I ran the company I would have gone for a more powerful machine. Still, since their hardware is so different, why even compare it with the other two? It's apparent they've gotten themselves in a category of their own.

Unfortunately the world turns because of money, and success is measured in dollars. So, yes, from that point of view the WiiU may be a failure. But hey, can't win them all! They won the last one, remember? And they're triumphant with the 3DS.

There are still many people out there who appreciate Nintendo, love their franchises and will buy their hardware. I'll wait for the next Zelda in HD when it comes bundled. Because I'm poor.

Yes, the WiiU isn't as powerful as the new generation (considerably weaker), and if I ran the company I would have gone for a more powerful machine. Still, since their hardware is so different, why even compare it with the other two? It's apparent they've gotten themselves in a category of their own.

It's not just next-generation, the Wii U is more comparable to the Xbox 360 and PS3 and both of those systems are cheaper and offer a ton of games.

I think the main reason though why they wouldn't just start putting games on other platforms is that while it might be a good alternative to the Wii U, it would probably hurt the 3DS as well and the move might not make enough profit for that to be OK.

Back