New System In The Works

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's going to fail

It's way too expensive to run--you have to stream video and data at very consistent and high speeds, and if it's only PC games you can't really run more than one PC game at good quality on 1 machine, the hardware is too expensive to do.

It's a good idea, but it's not something that can work until machine speed and graphics aren't an issue--along with the problem of poor internet structure, this is too early.

I like this idea simply for the fact that it takes one machine to play all sorts of games. The game industry needs to get away from publishers making games for multiple consoles.

Now that online gaming is the norm, it's time to stop segregating each other because 10 million people have 360 and 10 million have PS3.

Let Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo keep their own IP's and just make games along with the other software giants, but lets all play from the same source.

Imagine how many more "gamers" there would be if people only had to choose one device to game on.

Some would say that is how PC's are, but you have to upgrade them all the time to get the most out of new games.

This new service sounds like a good idea to me.

I don't agree with this. One console/machine = monopoly. They can charge whatever they want for it and gamers will just have to pay it. I like the way it is now. Multiple consoles to choose from depending on your gaming style and preferences. It also means the "Big 3" need to continually push forward with creativity and lower prices to keep up with competition. (i.e. Playstation Move and Microsoft Natal. The Wii is killing PS3 and 360 with sales, so naturally both manufacturers come up with their own take on the Motion controls)

~~Back on topic. I don't see this working either. Not everyone has high speed internet, and I just don't see many people willingly paying a subscription fee + the costs of each game.

I don't agree with this. One console/machine = monopoly. They can charge whatever they want for it and gamers will just have to pay it. I like the way it is now. Multiple consoles to choose from depending on your gaming style and preferences. It also means the "Big 3" need to continually push forward with creativity and lower prices to keep up with competition. (i.e. Playstation Move and Microsoft Natal. The Wii is killing PS3 and 360 with sales, so naturally both manufacturers come up with their own take on the Motion controls)

~~Back on topic. I don't see this working either. Not everyone has high speed internet, and I just don't see many people willingly paying a subscription fee + the costs of each game.

Well whether it works or not I still think it will be good for the industry because it's going to push big ideas forward. If it fails, then companies will inevitably take what worked and use it in future products and ideas.

I don't know though, if they have been working on this for seven years, they must have a really good product coming.

Time will tell.

I think this idea is genius. Imagine playing Bioshock on either your home computer, laptop, or iphone and continuing your game from where you left off. Also you have the possibility of using a Gamecube, Wii, or Xbox 360 controller to play the game.

Do I think we are capable of this now? No. Do I think we are capable of this before the next system launches? Maybe.

Back