So what Next Gen Gaming System did you ACTUALY buy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Next Gen Gaming Solution Did you Actualy Purchase?

• Total voters
its not that, its micro underbuilding. ps decided to overstock the shelves upon release so there were no shortages, xbox said "F" em, well make em wait longer. mfoga cant have one because microflacid didnt build him one yet. there were 6 at my local store but theyre gone now.

I have to admit, I'm not sure what you said in this post.

I think most likely they are very close in their amount of stock for the rest of this year. After Christmas we will get a better idea of actual demand that's not limited by how fast they can produce them.

I just upgraded my pc graphics card so will be sticking with the pc for non exclusives. I'll get the ps4 as soon as the next uncharted/ metal Gear solid/ resident evil hits it. And finally I'll get the wii-u as soon as there's a price drop. Quite excited to get the wii u actually but not excited enough to pay full price for it. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gotcha. I don't think anyone's too surprised that the PS4 is outselling the One. MS needs a price drop.

I am not sure they really are. They only seem to have a better supply than PS4. Seemed like most stores I heard about got 2-3 times more Xbox in for this weekend vs ps4.

its not that, its micro underbuilding. ps decided to overstock the shelves upon release so there were no shortages, xbox said "F" em, well make em wait longer. mfoga cant have one because microflacid didnt build him one yet. there were 6 at my local store but theyre gone now.

I know they are around but I have not found them when I was at sites. I am not running around trying to find one either. I didn't run around for a PS4 either , I showed up to target 30 min early because I was up and about and got one. If I didn't get one that day I wouldn't likely have a ps4 either.

I can walk in most of the stores in my area and there is at least one on the shelf.

probably OMW to do something great, again.

Not in SoCal, well there are lots of empty boxes on the shelves but not actual systems.

My girlfriend bought me a PS4 on launch day and I haven't even hooked it up yet. :lol no release games interest me. So it's gonna stay in the box until they release a good game I like.

jPz6jNqhzPP4r.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Couldnt vote 3 times:nana: Sold one to a friend who couldnt get one and me and my girl got our own. #PS4lyfe

Nice. how many of those went back to sony with a pulsating blue cockpunch? :lol

My local gamestop had a 100% return on all their preordered PS4's.

All bad :slap

Nice. how many of those went back to sony with a pulsating blue cockpunch? :lol

My local gamestop had a 100% return on all their preordered PS4's.

All bad :slap

What, all of the systems were broken? That's crazy.

yup. I run a game lounge on an army base, so i'm privvy to information from the loccal gamestops becuase of our buisness releationship.

"it's less than 1% globaly" my ***.

My local EB Games had something like a 70% failure rate at launch in Australia last week, according to my friend who works there. It was so bad that not only couldn't they fill staff orders for the system, but they couldn't even spare a display unit. Management wasn't happy. At all.

I don't know if certain batches are rolling off the line faulty for some reason, or what the deal is, but only having a 1% failure rate seems...unlikely.

Either way, this is exactly why personally I always wait a while for new technology, let them have enough time to (hopefully) sort out all the early bugs and flaws first, then see what's what...

I still haven't decided which I'll ultimately buy, XBone or PS4, it'll depend on the games released over the coming months, both cross platform, and exclusive. Because, at he end of the day, it's always about the games, everything else is secondary. So far though, I haven't heard of a single game that is screaming 'must play' at me, so I imagine it'll be a while before I even consider making the next gen jump.

Last edited:
Maybe they're really sensitive to being moved around, or if those large batches of bad ones are sequential and the QA process in the manufacturing is doing a poor job at times.

I've had the Wii U since it's launch (last year?), but nothing else at this time. Still waiting for a killer app on the PS4 or Xbox One before I feel compelled to buy either.

Back