So what is your age? Not quiet an introduction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 38 and have been collecting since high school, so around 20 years.

I do t plan on stopping any time soon, but my focus has shifted through my entire collecting career. It started with small action figures and is currently transitioning to more statues. I think that's part of the fun for me to shift my focus and change out pieces as I go.

37. Been collecting for 15 years or so. Mostly NECA movie figs and some McFarlane remnants as well as a few from Diamond, Mezco, Toy Biz, etc.

Im 43 yrs old and I started collecting 12 fig in the 1998 with hasbro figs. Then I say sideshow and thought wow 59.00 that is expensive, but my last figure I bought was the imperial probe droid and that was 250.00 bucks. Man times have changed. Now I have all the original trilogy figues by sideshow, and now hot toys has a licence. Man there are dark times coming......financially

That's really cool to see most are in 30s and 40s age groups.

I'm 42 and have been collecting for 15 years. It all started when eBay started. Over the years I have gone from 5-6 inch action figures to 1/6 figures and now statues. My first 1/6 was HT endo. I still collect few 1/6 figures, but mostly interested in 1/3 statues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm 43 years old and I started when I was 5...now I collect action figures, heroclix, warhammer and japanese figures.

Wow it is great to see that most of us are around 30 n 40s. That gives me so much energy to continue this awesome hobby.

43 now. Like many others, I started back in 78 with 3 3/4" Star Wars figures and comic books. My first figure was Darth Vader. Unfortunately, growing up in the lower economic class, toys were scarce for me, so I had to enjoy them at my friends' expense. When the 12" line of Star Wars came out and my friends were buying and playing with them, I was quite jealous I couldn't join them. I always said I'd have my own some day. That never happened. Then in 2011 I stumbled across the Hot Toys Ghost Rider set with Nicholas Cage. It was a used set on ebay. I won it for $300 shipped, and remember thinking how foolish I was to spend so much on a 'toy'. Then it arrived. That feeling was long gone and I haven't looked back since. My first PO was for the SSC Boba Fett, followed by the McGuire red suit Spiderman. Nolan Batman was next. Have over 100 figures now all on display, along with both Batmobiles and BatPod. While I never did get those Kenner 12" figures, I have since collected most all of the SSC 12" offerings and look forward to what Hot Toys brings. Great hobby for sure, but the cost is making it less appealing. I don't feel as 'satisfied' with a purchase as I did when these could all be had for under $150.oo, so my purchase are far more selective, now.

34 tomorrow! Started 7 years ago but I did it slowly... had a strike recently when I saw those 1989 Batman figures. Cheers to you all!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

364.. in dog years. :yess:

..of course my knees don't hear as well as they used to.. and my elbows are growing dim.. but all good generally.

28. I started 1/6 collecting back in 2008 with a few Medi figures. I don't plan on stopping any time soon, although I've slowed a bit due to the price increases from Hot Toys.

Just turned 40 Last month. I've only got 7 Sideshow pieces but I still have all my Star Wars figures I got as a kid. Seeing as how I just started collecting Sideshow 3 years ago I Think I'll stick with it for a while.

30 Years old, started collecting 3 years ago, I hope I will never stop.

48. Started with comics in the early 70's and have never looked back on collecting. Absolutely hooked on anything that is comic-ish related in collecting. Current addiction, Hot Toys :)

turned 28 this year and will be getting my frist real collectible figure in the next months.
I've never collected anything, not really, I just bought what I liked. be it books or toys or whatever.
now I havee a stable job, a place to live and everythings... more settled. now I feel like it's the best time to really start collecting. I have money and spae, so nothing's stopping me :D

I'm 39 years old. I've been collecting since 1999 & it was the hype surrounding the Phantom Menace that got me into collecting.

29 * damn I am old. Already know Hot Toys since DX1 Joker tho but not quite into it since I am military / gunpla modellers. Bought Jack Sparrow and cant stop collecting since then

35, collected 1/6th for 1.5 yrs, growing up, was a huge comic book fan also had a bunch of the 80s toys(Kenner super powers, he man, gi joe, etc)

Back