So what is your age? Not quiet an introduction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david83ec

Freaked Out
Reaction score
So I was wondering how old is the collecting community. Are you planning to stop? when did you start?
Let me start I'm 30 and I start collecting just a few months ago but I hope I can continue for a long long time. I can't imagine selling my collection or locking it in a dusty closet.

43 years old. Started collecting last year. First figure purchased 89 Batman and Batmobile. Collecting SSC and Hot Toys Batman, Star Wars, Marvel and DC. I have over 100 figures, Tumbler, and Batpod. Preordered Delorean and Marty exclusive. Waiting impatiently for 66 Batmobile to come up for preorder and y first statue Newmar Catwoman with autograph from Tweeterhead.

42 years old, collecting and bashing as a hobby for 4 or so years ,I own over 50 1/6 figures, 25+ are terrible kitbashes with some hot toys and sideshow figures etc thrown in to make the collection look better.
Got Marty McFly on pre order. Run out of space so most figures are packed back up. looking to buy a bigger house so might get some more then.

Just turned 22 and started about a year ago. I collected a lot of thing but then I got into some DC collectibles stuff and before I knew it, I was ordering an exclusive Poison Ivy PF. I dont plan to stop any time soon :D

I might hang here for a bit, don't feel as old as I do on the rest of the board (42).

This might be better suited to 'General'. No many visit 'introductions'.

I'm 39 and have been collecting HT and SS for a few years. I've been collecting comics and toys in general since I was a kid.

Now I'm 35.Started to collect 1/6 about 3 years.Tried to quit few times, because I'm not very rich man and don't have enough place for my small collection allready;), but when I see really great made my favorite characters sculps-I'm to weak to stop this obsession.Maybe some day...

lol I really expected a younger crowd . I'm 53 and bought my first Endo bust . Would buy the entire Chrome Endo if it were still being sold by SS.
This all started when I was trying to figure out what would look cool in the unused corner of my home gym as there's no room for equipment . Now I'm thinking of a BatMan outfit and Linear actuators to open a lexan showcase . The Endo bust wasn't big enough to really work and I my half bust from China was cancelled

I'm 31. I started collecting about 3 1/2 years ago. Started with Iron Man Mark VI and now I have 39 and counting.

I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. They keep releasing too many things that I like.

bench-warmers-birth-certificate-funny-movies-Favim.com-170571.jpg

I am 42. I originally started collecting around 96 or so making the Star Wars room I wanted when I was 10. So I had all the Hasbro 12" and the Star Wars sheets, comforter, window curtains, valences, etc... It was fun and I did get the room my 10 year old self wanted. Then I got a few Master Replicas blasters and around 2008 or so I decided now I want a museum room instead of a kids room. I started converting to the room I have now.
0536d1616eb2f2ad3b9a8e8b6ae111a5.jpg

41 here - been collecting since I got my first Star Wars figure in 1978. So that's, um, 36 years collecting! Yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32 years old, started collecting January this year. 89 batmobile caught my eye and it was all downhill from there. 11 figures, 2 vehicles later, 4 more coming this year I love my collectibles but only stick to certain lines to keep the cost down. As for the 11 figures, many are back catalog to initially build my collection. I have literally a handful of collectibles on PO that come out next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 32... started collecting about 6 years ago... but I got into 1/6th about a year ago... and I don't see me stopping it..

36. Collecting since i was 20 and from some time now, doing my own characters :) expensive hobby but sooooo satisfying! See you at the board!!

Turned 28 today. Started collecting 1/6th stuff the same time I joined the boards which was September of 2012. I like the hobby a lot and have fun with it but I realize I can't collect forever or at least not at the rate I've been doing so (although I don't have nearly as many as a lot of collectors I'm sure). I keep myself fairly on track with what I collect though and try to avoid getting items just because I think they look cool or if they're something trendy I have a passing interest in.

37 here, been in the collecting game for a while now. Started with Diecast cars then added figures then statues.

Turned 28 today. Started collecting 1/6th stuff the same time I joined the boards which was September of 2012. I like the hobby a lot and have fun with it but I realize I can't collect forever or at least not at the rate I've been doing so (although I don't have nearly as many as a lot of collectors I'm sure). I keep myself fairly on track with what I collect though and try to avoid getting items just because I think they look cool or if they're something trendy I have a passing interest in.
Happy birthday :)

48. Started years ago with SS Planet of the Apes and Bond figures, and Ralphie and The Old Man (not sure the manufacturer); also Steed and Mrs Peel ( again, not sure who made them). Then got out until about a year ago because I thought they were just too damn expensive! :rotfl Got suckered back in when I saw the proto photos of DKR Selina Kyle and Avengers Black Widow. Have gone crazy ever since. Even started kit-bashing/customizing figures... now that's fun.

Back