so i just got this in the but

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Polystoner said:
Yeah, that seems fair. I wouldn't want it though. I would just try and get my money back through PayPal. Bastard, not mentioning it. That is just slimy. People are going to get hosed by this guy. :monkey2
well there are 10 more people out there with these factory defective statues and 2 more pending. looks like those people will be getting a link to this thread from me real soon.. i hate to be the bearer of bad news!!

RUMADMAN said:
well there are 10 more people out there with these factory defective statues and 2 more pending. looks like those people will be getting a link to this thread from me real soon.. i hate to be the bearer of bad news!!

Yeah! That's a great idea!

Deadly Dagger said:
..because its a damn good copy..:lol
so i guess you condone the fact that this guy probably got these for free from sideshow's factory and are making money off of sideshow by claiming to have original products.

nash said:
Why even give this guy one cent for trying to commit fraud?
very true....

make him issue you a FULL refund to keep you from contacting Sideshow about the matter.
Which in the end, you wont have to do anyway since they already are on him

While I don't think anyone would condone it, it's pretty easy to understand why someone would do it. After all, dude would probably get paid $5 to work 12 hours and by nabbing this out of the reject pile, he stands to put food on his family's table. There's a lot wrong in the world, and while this does 'hurt' the value of a collectible, at the end of the day there's much worse happening out there.

Be nice if it wouldn't happen, but assuming the guy who did it probably isn't a part of organized crime, I think it's safe to say its a case of someone finding a way out of an otherwise ****ty situation.

On the other hand, I hope it does stop. Being a North American collector, I want to be able to trust that what I buy is the real deal.

:)

nash said:
Why even give this guy one cent for trying to commit fraud?

i agree. if these are in fact unofficial statues being sold then sideshow needs to take action on this. it's bad business. the seller needs to be shut down.

nash said:
so i guess you condone the fact that this guy probably got these for free from sideshow's factory and are making money off of sideshow by claiming to have original products.

ok mister serious...:monkey1

I agree that we all due what we gotta do to survive the fact of the matter remains that this is still wrong. It's bad business and it not only affects Sideshow but us. We are the ones that pay hundreds of dollars for unique limited edition collectibles.

The integrity of the edition sizes is the most precious commodity Sideshow has besides it's talent. You lose that and all you have left is a bunch of expensive good looking toys.

just curious..did your friend ever send you a pic of his base number?

TOE said:
just curious..did your friend ever send you a pic of his base number?
nope.. he admitted he was joking and showed me these pics

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:lol if your friend did not jokingly mentioned that he has the same #, i wonder if you would have checked if this was a fake. We wouldn't have found out that this seller is a fraud.

D. Martin said:
While I don't think anyone would condone it, it's pretty easy to understand why someone would do it. After all, dude would probably get paid $5 to work 12 hours and by nabbing this out of the reject pile, he stands to put food on his family's table. There's a lot wrong in the world, and while this does 'hurt' the value of a collectible, at the end of the day there's much worse happening out there.

Sure, okay, but it still doesn't excuse the fact that it is a reject and he knew it and didn't mention it. That's the part that gets me. :monkey4

TOE said:
:lol if your friend did not jokingly mentioned that he has the same #, i wonder if you would have checked if this was a fake. We wouldn't have found out that this seller is a fraud.
i would of checked anywayz.. this is the first and last time i buy anything from a hong kong ebay seller.

Polystoner said:
Sure, okay, but it still doesn't excuse the fact that it is a reject and he knew it and didn't mention it. That's the part that gets me. :monkey4

it's not a reject..to many things wrong with it
1. position of limbs and body.
2.armour out of place.
3.two different red colour's on the fake body.

SO, I GUESS THAT MEANS THERE ARE A DOZEN OR SO KNOCK-OFF "HULK VS. SPIDERMAN" DIORAMAS OUT THERE ALSO. THAT HAS ME WORRIED BECAUSE I JUST BOUGHT ONE FROM A GUY IN CHINO HILLS, CALIFORNIA.
HE HAD A TOTAL OF 7 FOR SALE ON EBAY ON MONDAY. FORTUNATELY I DIDN'T PAY TOO MUCH...THEY WERE ALL LISTED AT $355.00 BUY IT NOW. AND THEY ALL GOT BOUGHT IN A MATTER OF A COUPLE HOURS. I HOPE MINE IS NOT A BOGUS PIECE!:confused:

HEAD NIZZEL said:
SO, I GUESS THAT MEANS THERE ARE A DOZEN OR SO KNOCK-OFF "HULK VS. SPIDERMAN" DIORAMAS OUT THERE ALSO. THAT HAS ME WORRIED BECAUSE I JUST BOUGHT ONE FROM A GUY IN CHINO HILLS, CALIFORNIA.
HE HAD A TOTAL OF 7 FOR SALE ON EBAY ON MONDAY. FORTUNATELY I DIDN'T PAY TOO MUCH...THEY WERE ALL LISTED AT $355.00 BUY IT NOW. AND THEY ALL GOT BOUGHT IN A MATTER OF A COUPLE HOURS. I HOPE MINE IS NOT A BOGUS PIECE!:confused:
I saw that auction but i was thinking that it was to good to be true! let me know if its a good one!

this is the response i received from sideshow today..

Thank you for contacting our Customer Service Department.

Unfortunately we cannot tell if this is a fake or not.

However I can advise that we restrict the number of figures that our
clients are allow to purchase to stop collectors from receiving
multiples of our items. We would not sell 12 exclusive figures to any
one client.

I am sorry, because the purchase was from an eBay seller we cannot
assist you in your transaction or verification there of, because it is
with a third party.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best regards,

Jennifer Bigham
Customer Service

Sideshow Collectibles
2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back