so i just got this in the but

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tylerd said:
is there copyright laws that apply over in asia? i wonder if they can do something legally.

They would have to start with the purses, watches, jackets, golf clubs and suits first.

:monkey4

Polystoner said:
Wow, these wily HK ebay sellers have a lot of resources. I wonder if they could do a PF? Or is a comiquette easier because it is all molded? :confused:

Or is nothing beyond their scope? :monkey4

another thing i wonder is what happens to the molds once they produce what they have to for sideshow? are they destroyed or sold to pirates? it must be like the wild west over there in china.

TOE said:
picture946nd3.jpg

Terrible news....

The color seems a lot bluer than the original too... But too few have a real one to compare with if they end up with a copy...

Well I just let the winner of that IM action that P!tu listed know that he just probably won a defective and unauthorized product. He is now wondering what he should do and is going to contact eBay. He has not paid for the comiquette yet. it doesn't seem like anyone is doing anything about this...so I am letting bidders and winners know what they could be getting themselves into. If they want defective product then that is their choice, but I would be pissed if it were me and I was shelling out $500+ for a fake Ironman that was listed as legit. I am being careful to not say this is fake/illegal....but just saying that they should look into the matter and giving the url for this thread for them to read. The more people that complain to eBay, I would think the better the chances are that these sellers are taken off eBay.

ghettoenhanced said:
Check this out...

I went to a local dealer show (Frank & Sons) and guess what I saw? The IM comiquette with the reversed shoulder/back panels.

I asked the dealer where he got it from and he said "Straight form Sideshow!".
ORLY... I say. So I game him a little info about the difference between the one I have sitting on my shelf and the one he had in his case...

He talks to his buddy and pulls me aside and begins to tell me "Yeah, we got it online... we just don't like telling anyone we get things 2nd hand."

I told him that is likely a factory defect or a bootleg. One thing I noticed is the horrible pain app on the base. I forgot to ask how much he was selling it for...

Next time report him (the police). It's wrong for someone knowing they have a knock off/counterfeit, or 'factory error' to resell it to some unknowing individual.

RUMADMAN: Can you post a link to the auction of your purchase?

Jen: They'll just come back with another name/ebay handle.

Funny thing about eBay is that they can give less of a rats ass about anything, as long as it dosen't effect the money they are making.

Last edited:
Jen said:
Well I just let the winner of that IM action that P!tu listed know that he just probably won a defective and unauthorized product. He is now wondering what he should do and is going to contact eBay. He has not paid for the comiquette yet. it doesn't seem like anyone is doing anything about this...so I am letting bidders and winners know what they could be getting themselves into. If they want defective product then that is their choice, but I would be pissed if it were me and I was shelling out $500+ for a fake Ironman that was listed as legit. I am being careful to not say this is fake/illegal....but just saying that they should look into the matter and giving the url for this thread for them to read. The more people that complain to eBay, I would think the better the chances are that these sellers are taken off eBay.

Good work Jen. I totally agree with you.

Asura said:

Jen: They'll just come back with another name/ebay handle.

Sadly, you are probably right. But if enough people are pissed and complain, eBay may monitor IronMan comiquettes coming out of HongKong....It's probably more work than they want to deal with, but who knows, maybe they will surprise us and actually do something about it.

Good work Jen. I think we can make a difference if we try as a group. Hopefully this seller stops selling these fakes and get's a real job. :emperor

Darkshadowcollectibles said:
They know. Trust me on this, they know and are checking in to it.
Well that's good to hear, I was gonna be pretty pissed if SS was just gonna ignore this.

HEAD NIZZEL said:
SO, I GUESS THAT MEANS THERE ARE A DOZEN OR SO KNOCK-OFF "HULK VS. SPIDERMAN" DIORAMAS OUT THERE ALSO. THAT HAS ME WORRIED BECAUSE I JUST BOUGHT ONE FROM A GUY IN CHINO HILLS, CALIFORNIA.
HE HAD A TOTAL OF 7 FOR SALE ON EBAY ON MONDAY. FORTUNATELY I DIDN'T PAY TOO MUCH...THEY WERE ALL LISTED AT $355.00 BUY IT NOW. AND THEY ALL GOT BOUGHT IN A MATTER OF A COUPLE HOURS. I HOPE MINE IS NOT A BOGUS PIECE!:confused:

JUST AN UPDATE ON MY (ALMOST) E-BAY PURCHASE OF THE "HULK VS. SPIDERMAN" - AFTER THE SELLER AGREED I COULD PICK IT UP IF I PAID CASH, I SENT HIM MULTIPLE E-MAILS FOR A TIME AND PLACE TO MEET. HE FINALLY SENDS ME AN E-MAIL SAYING THAT THE PRODUCT WAS DEFECTIVE AND HE GOT "BURNED" BY THE MANUFACTURER SO HE DIDN'T WANT TO SELL IT. THEN, A DAY LATER HE E-MAILS ME SAYING THAT HE FOUND OUT THAT THE STATUES HE PURCHASED DID NOT PASS QUALITY CONTROL AND AN EMPLOYEE SNEAKED THEM OUT (BUT HE WOULD STILL SELL IT TO ME IF I WANTED IT).

I HAVE A FEELING THIS GUY NEW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS DOING, HIS STORY SEEMS WAY TOO FISHY. IT'S KIND OF FUNNY THAT HE FINDS THIS OUT AT THE SAME TIME A THREAD GET'S PUT OUT ON BOOTLEG SIDESHOW PIECES...I WONDER IF HE READS THESE BOARDS. THEN AGAIN, MAYBE HE FOUND OUT AND WAS ALSO DUPED AND WAS JUST BEING HONEST WITH ME. EITHER WAY, IT LOOKS LIKE FACTORY REJECTS ARE ALSO BEING SOLD THROUGH SELLERS HERE IN THE UNITED STATES.:monkey2

wow!!! this just completely messes up and makes a mockery of the exclusive edition numbering etc.

Unless you are buying direct from the SS website how can someone now be sure that they are getting a genuine product?/

I'm after a Doom PF, how am I to know that these haven't been copied???:confused:

massf said:
wow!!! this just completely messes up and makes a mockery of the exclusive edition numbering etc.

Unless you are buying direct from the SS website how can someone now be sure that they are getting a genuine product?/

I'm after a Doom PF, how am I to know that these haven't been copied???:confused:

So far, there seem to be only the 2 pieces (IM Exclusive and Hulk VS Spidey). This is really a shame as it has the potential to hurt the value of not only those two items but anything SS. I hope that SS can keep us informed as to what is being done and how this happened so we can be on alert for it again in the future.

HEAD NIZZEL said:
JUST AN UPDATE ON MY (ALMOST) E-BAY PURCHASE OF THE "HULK VS. SPIDERMAN" - AFTER THE SELLER AGREED I COULD PICK IT UP IF I PAID CASH, I SENT HIM MULTIPLE E-MAILS FOR A TIME AND PLACE TO MEET. HE FINALLY SENDS ME AN E-MAIL SAYING THAT THE PRODUCT WAS DEFECTIVE AND HE GOT "BURNED" BY THE MANUFACTURER SO HE DIDN'T WANT TO SELL IT. THEN, A DAY LATER HE E-MAILS ME SAYING THAT HE FOUND OUT THAT THE STATUES HE PURCHASED DID NOT PASS QUALITY CONTROL AND AN EMPLOYEE SNEAKED THEM OUT (BUT HE WOULD STILL SELL IT TO ME IF I WANTED IT).

I HAVE A FEELING THIS GUY NEW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS DOING, HIS STORY SEEMS WAY TOO FISHY. IT'S KIND OF FUNNY THAT HE FINDS THIS OUT AT THE SAME TIME A THREAD GET'S PUT OUT ON BOOTLEG SIDESHOW PIECES...I WONDER IF HE READS THESE BOARDS. THEN AGAIN, MAYBE HE FOUND OUT AND WAS ALSO DUPED AND WAS JUST BEING HONEST WITH ME. EITHER WAY, IT LOOKS LIKE FACTORY REJECTS ARE ALSO BEING SOLD THROUGH SELLERS HERE IN THE UNITED STATES.:monkey2

posting in all caps means you're shouting.

Darth Loki said:
So far, there seem to be only the 2 pieces (IM Exclusive and Hulk VS Spidey). This is really a shame as it has the potential to hurt the value of not only those two items but anything SS. I hope that SS can keep us informed as to what is being done and how this happened so we can be on alert for it again in the future.

unfortunately i get the feeling sideshow can do little about these bootleggers all the way in asia except maybe report the auction and hope it gets ended. as far as the future of selling these highly sought after items on ebay like iron man and hulk, how on earth could they authenticate the piece after all have been sold out for quite some time? a big problem but not for sideshow. they already sold through the legit ones. this only hurts the reseller and the credibility of their item for sale on ebay, sideshow or otherwise.

tylerd said:
unfortunately i get the feeling sideshow can do little about these bootleggers all the way in asia except maybe report the auction and hope it gets ended. as far as the future of selling these highly sought after items on ebay like iron man and hulk, how on earth could they authenticate the piece after all have been sold out for quite some time? a big problem but not for sideshow. they already sold through the legit ones. this only hurts the reseller and the credibility of their item for sale on ebay, sideshow or otherwise.

But if it continues with other pieces, it will have a negative affect on SS. Part of what makes these so valuable is the limited edition and ES. If someone is pumping out fakes, that has the potential to hurt SS's sales since there are many that look at these statues as investments.

I haven't read this thread completly through, but this situation REALLY is disturbing, on many levels. As has been said before, this puts a major hurting on the whole limited numbered editions. Also, let's say that you buy one of these as a original piece and decided to sell it off down the road and the buyer spots it as a "fake"(just being careful with the wording) that's not fair to you. We are paying top dollar for these "limited edition runs". It seems that once the runs are completed it becomes a free for all with the molds or whatever they are doing.

I picked up one of the Hulk Vs Spiderman from the same Hong Kong seller, benbenchu. As far as I can tell the piece looks legit. Any known signs to look for on it to see if it's a fake? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back