so i just got this in the but

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WolverineFan520 said:
I picked up one of the Hulk Vs Spiderman from the same Hong Kong seller, benbenchu. As far as I can tell the piece looks legit. Any known signs to look for on it to see if it's a fake? :confused:

That was a question I had as well. Could you post pics of yours so someone who has one can compare them to it?

P4260236.jpg

P4260238.jpg

P4260230.jpg

P4260233.jpg

Darth Loki said:
So far, there seem to be only the 2 pieces (IM Exclusive and Hulk VS Spidey).

Wrong my friend. It was confirmed that this was the same seller's auction just under a different name:

https://cgi.ebay.com/Sideshow-Dr-Doom-marvel-FANTASTIC-FOUR_W0QQitemZ230119033554QQihZ013QQcategoryZ98023QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It a Doom PF. Whether its legit or not we may never know unless the winner is on these boards. Not to mention it took some real deep inspection to figure out the fakes from the originals so I'd expect with the Hulk/Spideys the same will have to occur.

I would think it would be hard to copy a Doom at this point, unless the molds are still laying around somewhere. Perhaps this seller is auctioning off some "legit" items to make it seem that all his items are authentic??? Who f'n knows....But it's a sad day when you have to think twice about purchasing items second hand....:monkey2 :monkey2

All this fake business is really going to put a damper on a lot of things. As for those Hulk pictures posted above, I really can't tell if it is legit or not and I don't want to worry you anyway since there is nothing that can be done at this point in time.

I will say this though the colors do look a bit different but that may be due to the lighting used.

Screw this ebay seller. :emperor

The Mike said:
Wrong my friend. It was confirmed that this was the same seller's auction just under a different name:

https://cgi.ebay.com/Sideshow-Dr-Doom-marvel-FANTASTIC-FOUR_W0QQitemZ230119033554QQihZ013QQcategoryZ98023QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It a Doom PF. Whether its legit or not we may never know unless the winner is on these boards. Not to mention it took some real deep inspection to figure out the fakes from the originals so I'd expect with the Hulk/Spideys the same will have to occur.

I can't tell for certain whether it's the same seller or not. If it is, he's only sold one Doom. It's not like the other pieces where there are 10-20 of the same item. Just from the quick pics, I can't see anything different in the Hulk VS Spidey piece. This is very scarey because who knows how many of these pieces are out there?

Rumadman confirmed it at least....not sure anything past that. One Doom sold, could be a legit item to make the rest look legit or could be a fishing expedition to see if anyone is interested in his stuff still with all of this swirling around. You'd think that a Doom PF was difficult to reproduce but then again we don't really know the whole story or how long he has had these and was just waiting to sell...

Looks like I may have to put my Doom purchase on hold for the moment unless I'm 100% sure it's from a trusted source. What a bummer!!! :(

Jen said:
I would think it would be hard to copy a Doom at this point, unless the molds are still laying around somewhere. Perhaps this seller is auctioning off some "legit" items to make it seem that all his items are authentic??? Who f'n knows....But it's a sad day when you have to think twice about purchasing items second hand....:monkey2 :monkey2

Couldn't have put it better myself.

are these boggies defects or something that was made after the fact? aren't the molds supposed to be broken after the run? someone has some splainin' to do. we have to remember china has tasted free enterprise over the past ten years and they are doing what took american scammers decades to figure out. ever see all the bootleg dvds out there? a sad day for collectibles and all business. now you have to worry 'is it real'?

Just read thru this thread and...WOW...It really does make you wonder IF you are getting the real deal when dealing with 2nd hand/eBay sellers...I suppose the only way to be sure, is order from SS...I know that with a lot of pieces you can no longer do that...so, do you wanna gamble??:confused:

For anyone who has been to China, they know....It is the knock off capital of the universe...Which is OK when you want something similar at 20% of the retail...But with Sideshow stuff, NO DICE!

Dude, I see you are trying to build your post count, but please don't necropost. That really pisses alot of us off. :banghead :pow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back