Statue Snow Troll Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally agree, figuring out how to display can be a job in itself.
A crappy display can totally take away from the awesome pieces you may have or not have for that matter. An epic display can make even the weakest characters look awesome.

Very true, a crappy display can look cluttered and hide the detail of some of these fine pieces. Sometimes so much detail of the sculpt can be hidden without a good unoccluded 360 view which is such a pity.

See I really want to get this guy and add him to my LOTR creature collection, but Im just scared that I put this guy on order and then thats when SS drops a bomb like a crazy ring wraith maquette or news of another bad ass monster comes up and that includes the predator maquettes along with maybe a P2 LS Bust. Just not sure what to do at the moment.

See I really want to get this guy and add him to my LOTR creature collection, but Im just scared that I put this guy on order and then thats when SS drops a bomb like a crazy ring wraith maquette or news of another bad ass monster comes up and that includes the predator maquettes along with maybe a P2 LS Bust. Just not sure what to do at the moment.

There's no NRD for this guy, you can cancel without penalty if you need the funds.

Thing is he doesn't ship until Q1 of next year which includes Jan-Mar so you've got time to save up. As we get closer to the end of the year things that go up for PO will most likely be Q2 or Q3. As far as a RW maquette I don't think we'll see that anytime soon, but we should see Arwen and maybe the surprise Witch King maquette. However, as I said I don't think those will ship anytime soon so you're good on time with those two. I wouldn't order until you're sure though because ordering and canceling in the end drives up the ES for anyone who is pretty much locked into getting it.

Yeah, when i seen this guy first hand I was like easy buy...then with all these SS preview videos of stuff there working on, Im just not sure anymore. Ive thought about the timing and as mentioned your right that other stuff wont be out till sometime later next year but I think my biggest factor is having the funds in case something comes out that I want more. Im going to wait some more and if I happen to see it go to low quantity then I'll jump for sure but until then I'll wait until I figure my little crisis out.

Yeah, when i seen this guy first hand I was like easy buy...then with all these SS preview videos of stuff there working on, Im just not sure anymore. Ive thought about the timing and as mentioned your right that other stuff wont be out till sometime later next year but I think my biggest factor is having the funds in case something comes out that I want more. Im going to wait some more and if I happen to see it go to low quantity then I'll jump for sure but until then I'll wait until I figure my little crisis out.

Be careful! According to some conspiracy kooks SS uses the low quantity bar to manipuate us into buying something we were going to buy regardless. :cuckoo: :lol

Makes sense. You're like most of us in that we collect multiple you go with what you like the most. Especially with the sheer amount of cool stuff that was previewed at comic-con this year. It kind of changed the game in how I think many collectors planned on getting items. Well, if they collect multiple lines.

Yeah I pretty much collect horror, LOTR and some Predator stuff. With horror im safe now, because I just got my Jason PF a few days ago so Im straight there. As for LOTR and Predator is where I run into the issue. I want this troll, but from the looks of it, the Predator stuff might be hitting sometime soon at least to order. So then I have to weigh which I want more. Luckily with LOTR I only really collect the creatures/monster characters. The main heroes look awesome, but like I said im more of a creatures monster type of guy. So we'll see I guess. I know you guys have all gone thru this and what im blabbing about is nothing new,but thanks for listening my fellowship brothers :)

Its all good man. We've all been there and done that so no worries. For me LOTR is #1 above everything so I am with ya on if I had to cut other stuff before LOTR it would happen.

Yep, LOTR is always my #1 choice too.

But I am still on the fence on this one. If I do cancel, it will be very soon. It looks great, but I just can't get past the feeling that it is more-or-less an invented creature. If there had been one that appeared in the films, or in any actual scenes in the books, it would be a no-brainer.

And please, guys, don't try to convince me that I'm wrong. it's a feeling, and that's just the way they work. I want the pieces in my collection to allow me to recapture the feeling of seeing the films or reading the book, and I can't make any correlation with this piece.

Don't worry Robo, I didn't get it either. I make no "connection" to it either.

It's a great piece though.

Nah, its all good. :duff I love the way it looked in person and it feels like Middle-Earth plus I love LOTR video games so I'm cool with that as well.

ES won't matter on this there is no exclusive anyways. Just a regular edition. If you can order risk free do it.

How is it possible that SS can have items available for single pay, but the flexpay option is sold out. I just tried to do that on the Gandalf EX maquette.

They may only have a certain % set for that option?

Exactly. They worked with me on a similair issue. Good luck!

Sideshow does set aside only a certain percentage of the offering for each new item with FlexPay terms. I've converted single pay to Flex on several occasions with no trouble, but lately have had less success, particularly with popular items like the LOTR maquette line. However, it pays to keep asking, particularly as shipping time arrives. There are usually a few who drop orders in spite of the penalties incurred.

Yep, LOTR is always my #1 choice too.

But I am still on the fence on this one. If I do cancel, it will be very soon. It looks great, but I just can't get past the feeling that it is more-or-less an invented creature. If there had been one that appeared in the films, or in any actual scenes in the books, it would be a no-brainer.

And please, guys, don't try to convince me that I'm wrong. it's a feeling, and that's just the way they work. I want the pieces in my collection to allow me to recapture the feeling of seeing the films or reading the book, and I can't make any correlation with this piece.

Actually i can relate to how you feel.

Personally i prefer to collect LOTR props and polystone environments rather than polystone figures because I prefer the way those things look when displayed and they exude a really strong middle earth vibe.

The only exception i might make is when it comes to armored characters like Sauron and Witchkkng ring wraiths etc because it is just not practical to purchase a full set of armor (or is it?) so the next best thing is a Polystone statue

That being said, Lately i have been getting a bit more interested in polystone figures because some of the new maquettes and PFs look very nice.

Last edited:
Hopefully SS will announce an ES that way any and all "safety" orders don't generate an ES thats bad for the line.

Back