Sideshow Beetlejuice (new figure?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are sideshow figures like nowadays? I know my wife would love this, but I remember the days of the Snake Plissken and bug-eyed and bloodshot Drake debacle.

Actually pretty decent I had the dude and loved it. Regardless of the price this has gotten alot of love from the comments and I'm just happy they redid. Definitely improved since that god awful Drake figure.

Kit has this up for folks outside of the US.

He comes with almost nothing for display options. The price is reasonable i guess, but i feel like even at $280 he should include more stuff. Not sure to be honest what more he should come with though. Kinda not sure if i pull the trigger on this or not.
I agree! Should have had a tombstone base, or at least a DX option for those of us who want one.

I’m really glad I grabbed the Beetlesnake pre-order. It will be a perfect base for him!

Attachments

• IMG_0574.jpeg
    IMG_0574.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 0
What are sideshow figures like nowadays? I know my wife would love this, but I remember the days of the Snake Plissken and bug-eyed and bloodshot Drake debacle.
Definitely not as bad as the Drake downgrade. That was a special case but they still go down a level or two in softness and paint quality. Their latest release with the Clint figures and Clone Wars figures is what I would expect with this. I believe the Preacher figure was done by Yixie as well? That one came out looking better than their Blondie, which was sculpted by their in house team. Who knows how that rooted hair will end up looking like.

GgDn4Zf.png

6WEb9xO.png

tGIBzSI.png

Last edited:
IMG_3067.jpeg
Sideshow has done loads of figures with rooted hair, it’s just been ages since they have done so and things have come a long way.

Definitely not as bad as the Drake downgrade. That was a special case but they still go down a level or two in softness and paint quality. Their latest release with the Clint figures and Clone Wars figures is what I would expect with this. I believe the Preacher figure was done by Yixie as well? That one came out looking better than their Blondie, which was sculpted by their in house team. Who knows how that rooted hair will end up looking like.
Yixie has done all the Sideshow Clint Eastwood sculpts except for Blondie EDIT: And Munny apparently. Production has gotten better with each release so far. Preacher was the best until the latest release of Josey Wales, which I'd argue is easily one of Sideshow's best in a long time. Still not HT quality in terms of final paint apps, but still a great looking figure.

Overall all, I would say their Clint Eastwood figures have come out much better than TCW animated figures. I wouldn't put them on the same level. However, that's not to say we can be super confident that this Beetlejuice will come out as good. I'd still keep my expectations in check.

Last edited:

GgDn4Zf.png

6WEb9xO.png

tGIBzSI.png
That Blondie portrait was such a huge dang let down. I mean, of all the sculpts to screw up, c'mon now Sideshow.

Yixie didn't do Munny, the one I wanted, still preordered but damn they need some consistency over there.
Are we sure about that? Looks like Munny was sculpted by Yixie as well judging by the info on the product page under "Artists." Maybe it was a collaboration and they just paid Yixie to tweak it some? 🤔 Unless Yixie said that they didn't work on the sculpt at all of course.

Back