Statue Snow Troll Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm surprised as well but I think that ES is far too high. This really shouldn't crack more than 500 on the ES.

Based on the comparatively low price, no exclusive and since this is open to retailers as well as direct site sales, that's why I think it will be at least 1000. And the fact that this can stand apart from the maquette line and be considered a video game collectible may inflate the edition size as well. Tychus Findley was 1250 IIRC. However, since I already have it on order, I would be in favor of an edition size of no more than 250. :D

Based on the comparatively low price, no exclusive and since this is open to retailers as well as direct site sales, that's why I think it will be at least 1000. And the fact that this can stand apart from the maquette line and be considered a video game collectible may inflate the edition size as well. Tychus Findley was 1250 IIRC. However, since I already have it on order, I would be in favor of an edition size of no more than 250. :D

Exactly, that's why sales of this won't affect the maquette line. There's only one version so ES should be relatively high.

An edition size 1000 would be a mistake I think. I imagine the demand will be moderate for this item. Ringers are not normally gamers had been what I was told talking about things with another TORn staffer during the Weta party. People will naturally put it as part of this line so anything negative with it could affect the line as a whole. Though, I think the piece was the best of the show and people should order to add it to their collection.

We are surely going to see trolls from the Hobbit so I see this as a piece that is easy to pass on. At the same time, the recent Orthanc re-release has me a bit unsure about buying premium pieces like the original troll, balrog, etc. The snow troll does look nice and for LOTR centric collectors why not. But I have too many interests and too little income and space.

I hear ya cstojano, as far as space. I really like this line and keep going back to whether I should drop it or not and focus on the new DC line (P.F.'s) only.

Either way, I don't plan on buying the Snow Troll though.

An edition size 1000 would be a mistake I think. I imagine the demand will be moderate for this item. Ringers are not normally gamers had been what I was told talking about things with another TORn staffer during the Weta party. People will naturally put it as part of this line so anything negative with it could affect the line as a whole. Though, I think the piece was the best of the show and people should order to add it to their collection.

I can't say I disagree. Although it looks great, since it's not a character from the lord of the rings movies or books (not including appendices) I don't know really how many die hard Tolkien or movie fans will embrace this in the end. And I get the impression that gamers don't necessarily translate into high end collectibles collectors for the most part.

All correct. So for as nice as this piece is the ES needs for it to be fairly moderate so it doesn't sit around the warehouse and lead to something bad for this line.

"Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in. ..."

:gah:

DAMN IT!

I have not looked at SS for LOTR items for well over 3 or so years, then I get a email about the Snow Troll, almost deleted it BUT my imagination got the best of me and......

VALA...............:horror

I now have it on preorder, not sure if it was the design or the size of it but damn it I am getting this guy!!!! :yess:

Thanks SS as Just when I thought I was out..."YOU" pulled me back in. ...

i am waiting for the ES announcement before deciding.

cave troll has ES 750 and is one of the VERY FEW lotr statues that actually went up in price. And it went up quite a bit. Snowtroll imo looks a lot better.

I will order if ES is around 1000 or less, just waiting to make sure it's not something crazy like 4000. Then i will just grab it off ebay at a nice haircut.

Actually back in the day a good deal of them went up in price but have come back down over the years. Including items like the Cave Troll, Balrog, RWOS, WKTF, etc.

i am waiting for the ES announcement before deciding.

cave troll has ES 750 and is one of the VERY FEW lotr statues that actually went up in price. And it went up quite a bit. Snowtroll imo looks a lot better.

I will order if ES is around 1000 or less, just waiting to make sure it's not something crazy like 4000. Then i will just grab it off ebay at a nice haircut.

Smart move, this will probably be got cheaper down the line. There will be massive cancellations after the ES announcement and when it ships since this is a non-NRD piece. The flippers are like sharks.

The flippers are like sharks.

i like to think the flippers as minnows and i am the shark :rotfl

Have gotten so many great pieces off ebay flippers at 30-40% off. Usually right after the item ships, ebay gets flooded by the flippers with that item, and a few panics does the 0.99 auction instead of buy it now. That's when I make my move :)

my only regret is optimus prime ex :( damn flippers! and the dorks paying $3k for them..

i like to think the flippers as minnows and i am the shark :rotfl

Have gotten so many great pieces off ebay flippers at 30-40% off. Usually right after the item ships, ebay gets flooded by the flippers with that item, and a few panics does the 0.99 auction instead of buy it now. That's when I make my move :)

my only regret is optimus prime ex :( damn flippers! and the dorks paying $3k for them..

Yeah Optimus Ex is really limited and he's a popular character.

I ordered 2 of them... I think they are going to be the best LOTR item yet. I think the way they do the trolls in middle earth is unique and they look pretty awesome

man when are they going to announce the ES for this thing. So i can pre order and forget about it, instead of keep checking every week to see if they posted the ES.

very annoying.

man when are they going to announce the ES for this thing. So i can pre order and forget about it, instead of keep checking every week to see if they posted the ES.

very annoying.

Yeah, they've kept it open a bit too long, lock in the ES and be done with it already.

Thank you for the email.

Sorry nothing has been announced yet and we have not been given any information on it at this time. If you do not want to check the website then just keep your eyes peeled for our Newsletter as edition sizes are always announced there.

If you should have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Jeff Dean

Processing Coordinator

:slap .............

There's a lot of complaining going or regarding Sideshow pricing in other threads (possibly warranted) so I though it might be nice to give them a pat on the back again for keeping this price around the same as the original Cave Troll almost 10 years ago.

Back