Statue Snow Troll Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still can't believe they only priced it at $25 more than the original Cave Troll. That's just crazy. I'm betting on an ES of 1000 since there's no exclusive.

Hopefully SS will announce an ES that way any and all "safety" orders don't generate an ES thats bad for the line.

They will keep it open for a long as they want so everyone can get their order in before they determine an ES since there is no exclusive for this statue ES doesn't really matter.

I still can't believe they only priced it at $25 more than the original Cave Troll. That's just crazy. I'm betting on an ES of 1000 since there's no exclusive.

Yeah, I'm surprised as well but I think that ES is far too high. This really shouldn't crack more than 500 on the ES.

They will keep it open for a long as they want so everyone can get their order in before they determine an ES since there is no exclusive for this statue ES doesn't really matter.

They won't keep things open for that long. The days of a keeping something open for quite sometime and allowing the ES to balloon are not only over but I know SS knows that its bad for business, lines, and collectors. Especially considering this mostly based on a video game and LOTR collectors as a whole don't tend to be gamers. However, its niave to say the ES doesn't matter because it does as far as the negative impact a huge ES could have on this line. As someone who's been around the high end market a while I know what that can do. I've seen it first hand on how that hurts pieces and lines they're a part of. Plus while the market is healthier than it was just a year or so ago moderate ES are the way to go.

Im still waiting...maybe something else im interested in will be showcased soon so I can put that up against it and let that be my deciding factor.

The Gimli maquette (non-Ex) ES hasn't been decided yet, the snow troll will be open for a bit. Doesn't mean it will have a large ES, but it will be open for longer than some think.

They won't keep things open for that long. The days of a keeping something open for quite sometime and allowing the ES to balloon are not only over but I know SS knows that its bad for business, lines, and collectors.

It's a regular, so they normally keep it open for a few weeks maybe even months.

Han Solo in carbonite has no ES yet. He has been up for almost a month.

Cap PF reg (released more than a month ago), Warmachine 1:1 bust (released almost 5 months ago), Neytiri Legacy is still TBD ES. IM 1:2 is still TBD ES. Which means the ES is 'keeping something open for quite sometime'.

Last edited:
The Gimli maquette (non-Ex) ES hasn't been decided yet, the snow troll will be open for a bit. Doesn't mean it will have a large ES, but it will be open for longer than some think.

I'm sure it will be open for a little bit, but I admit I'd like the ES announced ASAP. It was just put up last week but I wouldn't expect a several month wait on it to be announced. I think its a little different realm than something like Gimli which is movie based. As I said I think 500 is the best ES for this piece and if you really want to push it 750.

It's a regular, so they normally keep it open for a few weeks maybe even months.

Han Solo in carbonite has no ES yet. He has been up for almost a month.

Cap PF reg, Warmachine 1:1 bust, Neytiri Legacy is still TBD ES.

I agree it will probably be open for a few weeks. Being mostly a video game based product and that I think momentum with the LOTR is is something to becareful with it will only be a few weeks.

SW is a different beast though from LOTR or anything for that matter. Really, Marvel is different compared to LOTR as well they just sell better as a whole I would imagine. Though, I'd expect those ES to be rather moderately sized because of where the market is still at.

However, its niave to say the ES doesn't matter because it does as far as the negative impact a huge ES could have on this line.

Don't see how one statue could have a negative impact on the maquette line when it's a video game statue and not even in the same scale as the rest. This statue could easily have an open edition size and it will hardly affect the maquette line.

Cap PF reg (released more than a month ago), Warmachine 1:1 bust (released almost 5 months ago), Neytiri Legacy is still TBD ES. IM 1:2 is still TBD ES. Which means the ES is 'keeping something open for quite sometime'.

The Cap PF was just announced last month during the comic-con event. My guess is it will be announced rather soon. 1:1 Busts are a different beasts compared to anything else. Those ES are either announced quickly or randomly put up quite a while after. The Iron Man 1:2 piece a straight open edition to be honest. They make it by order as far as I know.

Don't see how one statue could have a negative impact on the maquette line when it's a video game statue and not even in the same scale as the rest. This statue could easily have an open edition size and it will hardly affect the maquette line.

I'm sure you don't get it. You've been collcting a little over a year so you've not been around long enough to get it. A piece that lingers starts to get collectors who tend to wobble on if the line is gonna start being in trouble because an item is sitting in the warehouse. Collectors are very fickle for whatever reason. It may not have any affect on the rest of the line but this is the line I love the most, and I do not want a piece with a large ass edition size possibly wrecking that this line is doing so well. As far as scale that has no effect. I don't know if you're aware or not but the original Cave Troll, Balrog, and other beast items were not 1:6 compared to the rest of the SSW line. Collectors really don't want small scale beasts they want items like this or the big beast items from the SSW line.

They won't keep things open for that long. The days of a keeping something open for quite sometime and allowing the ES to balloon are not only over but I know SS knows that its bad for business, lines, and collectors.

The Cap PF was just announced last month during the comic-con event. My guess is it will be announced rather soon. 1:1 Busts are a different beasts compared to anything else. Those ES are either announced quickly or randomly put up quite a while after. The Iron Man 1:2 piece a straight open edition to be honest. They make it by order as far as I know.

Han in Carbonite is still not announced yet either.

Well busts, IM 1:2 and Neytiri are still considered 'things' no matter what line they are in, hance it is their current practice.

You didn't restrict your initial statement to the maquette line or LOTR even.

Han is still not announced yet either.

Well busts, IM 1:2 and Neytiri are still considered 'things' no matter what line they are in, hance it is their current practice.

SW is a different beast. They can get away with that more in SW than anything else on the current market.

Again, the IM 1:2 piece is from what I know an open edition size piece again because they make it when an order comes in. So again its a different animal totally. There are items here and there that more time than normal goes by on ES being announced. Better? I hope that this is not one of them.

I'm sure you don't get it. You've been collcting a little over a year so you've not been around long enough to get it. A piece that lingers starts to get collectors who tend to wobble on if the line is gonna start being in trouble because an item is sitting in the warehouse. Collectors are very fickle for whatever reason. It may not have any affect on the rest of the line but this is the line I love the most, and I do not want a piece with a large ass edition size possibly wrecking that this line is doing so well. As far as scale that has no effect. I don't know if you're aware or not but the original Cave Troll, Balrog, and other beast items were not 1:6 compared to the rest of the SSW line. Collectors really don't want small scale beasts they want items like this or the big beast items from the SSW line.

The Speederbike PF has been lingering around and the Star Wars PF line is still fine.

One item in a line from a video game, which is of a totally different scale has no bearing on the rest of the line. They will still sell the rest of the maquette line fine.

SW is a different beast. They can get away with that more in SW than anything else on the current market.

Again, the IM 1:2 piece is from what I know an open edition size piece again because they make it when an order comes in. So again its a different animal totally. There are items here and there that more time than normal goes by on ES being announced. Better? I hope that this is not one of them.

So now you are limiting your statement to LOTR instead of the blanket statement you first made initially?

The Speederbike PF has been lingering around and the Star Wars PF line is still fine.

One item in a line from a video game, which is of a totally different scale has no bearing on the rest of the line. They will still sell the rest of the maquette line fine.

The Speeder Bike lingered around because the ES was far too large for an item that cost $800, and its currently has a waitlist not straight up available to purchase.

That may be the cause but its not something I want to risk. I've been collecting LOTR for nearly a decade so I know how fickle die hard and non-diehards are when it comes to collecting LOTR. Again, the scale has no bearing and if anything is actually a reason folks would buy this piece. We LOTR collectors want large beast pieces.

So now you are limiting your statement to LOTR instead of the blanket statement you first made initially?

As I said rare items stay up as TBD for quite some time but its more rare than an item being announced fairly soon. As far as it being worse for LOTR compared to other licenses? Yes, that would be at the heart of my statement regarding wanting to see an ES announced for this piece.

It's the scale actually smaller than the rest of the line?

The beasts aren't true 1:6 (I'm pretty sure) because if they were they'd be far too large and cost far too much. I don't know the exact scale but this Troll being in scale with the Original Cave Troll, Balrog, etc from the SSW line is what folks want. While we loved the baby rog and battle troll them being smaller was a point of contention when they went up.

Back