Statue Snow Troll Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I´m just curious if price for this troll will soar as high as for cave troll in the future. What do you think ?

I really doubt it, just because it's not a direct movie tie-in. It may appreciate, but I don't think it will soar. The Cave Troll will always be the grail troll of the two.

I really doubt it, just because it's not a direct movie tie-in. It may appreciate, but I don't think it will soar. The Cave Troll will always be the grail troll of the two.

Yeah I think so as well but they look both great...size, level of details etc. It is best to have them both :)

Yep, I'll go along with that :)...it is a great piece and well worth having :rock, even though he was not in the trilogy.

Great sculpt, great paint, great detail and nice pose too. :rock

:duff
Bill

Not even the Cave Troll "soars" to the previous heights anymore, the market has changed and the idiots selling them at those prices do not sell anymore. I have watched the last 3 on ebay and they did not sell for the asking prices of 3K+. Plus there are so few mint condition left as the ones I have seen up for sale has some kind of chip, breakage issue. The details on the Snow Troll are FAR above that on the Cave Troll plus now the Snow Troll is still available. Give it some time and it will be a grail piece maybe not to those crazy secondary market prices, time will tell....

Yeah, the market has changed for sure. I paid $2200 for the Original Balrog years ago. Now, I could probably get it again for about half of that.

Yeah, the market has changed for sure. I paid $2200 for the Original Balrog years ago. Now, I could probably get it again for about half of that.

If I could get a Daddy Rog (in good condition) for half that price Josh :wave, I would take it. :wink1:

Prices are not as crazy are they were, but are still too crazy for me. :gah:

One day that bad-boy will be mine. :pray:

Bill

I'm as big a fan of The Snow Troll as anyone, but as awesome as it is I don't see it going too crazy on the secondary market. I think in a couple years it will maybe go for $500 - $650. Everyone who really wants it is slowly snatching up the few that are left, especially with the rave in-hand reviews, but the Cave Troll is always going to appeal more to the purists and hard-core collectors out there regardless of the Snow Troll's quality. I've said since day one that it doesn't matter at all to me that the ST isn't in the movies - all I wanted was a cool troll in my collection and this guy more than delivers.

Here's where it gets blasphemous.:lol I will go as far to say that I prefer the Snow Troll to the Cave troll (and it is not because I never owned it and refuse to pay the going rate). If they were both put in front of me with a $325.00 price tag I would still stand by that statement. I think the ST is more exciting visually with a more dynamic pose, he's wearing more than just a boring loin cloth, and you have the option of displaying him with the dwarf.

There, I said it. Bring on the torches and pitch forks.:lol

Last edited:
I'm as big a fan of The Snow Troll as anyone, but as awesome as it is I don't see it going too crazy on the secondary market. I think in a couple years it will maybe go for $500 - $650. Everyone who really wants it is slowly snatching up the few that are left, especially with the rave in-hand reviews, but the Cave Troll is always going to appeal more to the purists and hard-core collectors out there regardless of the Snow Troll's quality. I've said since day one that it doesn't matter at all to me that the ST isn't in the movies - all I wanted was a cool troll in my collection and this guy more than delivers.

Here's where it gets blasphemous.:lol I will go as far to say that I prefer the Snow Troll to the Cave troll (and it is not because I never owned it and refuse to pay the going rate). If they were both put in front of me with a $325.00 price tag I would still stand by that statement. I think the ST is more exciting visually with a more dynamic pose, he's wearing more than just a boring loin cloth, and you have the option of displaying him with the dwarf.

There, I said it. Bring on the torches and pitch forks.:lol

I don't think you're going to face a mob over your statements. :rotfl

Put the two trolls side by side, Snow troll wins IMO as well. I can't say whether it'll be worth more in the future, but I can say this with absolute certainty: There is no way in hell I'd let this piece go for what I paid for it. It was an incredible bargain and is worth a lot more to me than the retail price. :lecture

I think its worth bearing in mind the ground swell of renewed interest in the books the films have started. More people are getting into reading about Middle Earth and it's lore and pieces like this will become rare as it does not fall into the 'mainstream pieces that every fan of the films has/wants', it could be seen as a more elitest piece.
Well made and based on the WETA troll creation, but firmly lodged in book lore and when the films are done and dusted, it is the vast wealth of characters/ creatures in the books that will be hungered for (Tolkien estate permitting of course) :lecture

Not really, it's just a not very popular statue of a computer game creature really :lol

OK more like idiot trolls, better?

Not really no.....if the market demands those sort of prices, can you really blame the owners for cashing in? That could be valuable money they desperately need for something else and probably really helped them out. Hell they might have got a trip to NZ out of it. I'd rather take a trip to NZ than have a bunch of stone on my shelves.
And if people are willing to pay it, well more power to them. I don't see any reason to get angry at either party here.

Not really, it's just a not very popular statue of a computer game creature really :lol

Not really no.....if the market demands those sort of prices, can you really blame the owners for cashing in? That could be valuable money they desperately need for something else and probably really helped them out. Hell they might have got a trip to NZ out of it. I'd rather take a trip to NZ than have a bunch of stone on my shelves.
And if people are willing to pay it, well more power to them. I don't see any reason to get angry at either party here.

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It's a cool statue. Looks great in the collection and believable of something you'd see in Middle-earth.

If I could get a Daddy Rog (in good condition) for half that price Josh :wave, I would take it. :wink1:

Bill

I couldn't blame anyone for jumping on it. It's a great statue and one I do miss a bit.

Bill

I couldn't blame anyone for jumping on it. It's a great statue and one I do miss a bit.

Off thread I know (sorry guys), but I just jumped (not at half price though). :yess:

I'm so excited, I'm like a child writing his wish list to Santa. :rotfl

It will take a while as I'm paying via a pay plan. :impatient:

Thanks to a Shadow & Flame member...he has made me very broke but very happy at the same time - a bitter/sweet deal you might say.

Don't tell the Snow Troll...don't want him to feel neglected. :lol

Bill

Back