Statue Snow Troll Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I want them to be the same size as well. That was the only bad thing about the battle troll statue.

Whatever the scale, this looks like a very cool piece. Will definitely pre-order this when it's up.

I have the Battle Troll of Mordor dio from SS and it's still one of my favorite pieces.

The creature designs from LOTR rocks! Way too cool!!

I think the Battle Troll statue was a great idea, but the end result was a huge disappointment IMO. That statue should have been in the same size range as the original Cave Troll statue and I think it lost most of the impact it could have had because of the size, or more accurately put....the lack of size. I think Weta really dropped the ball on that one.....:(

When i heard the ST was from a LOTR game i initially said i wouldn`t be getting it but after seeing the pics it looks damn impressive :rock

Very nice statue,but not for me im afraid :(,a waste imo.

Does this mean there will be no more LOTR offerings at SDCC?,sure seem's that way to me :(

I just can't get past the fact that not only is this a fantasy statue but it would be one based on a game. For some reason, that elevates the freak factor here. It looks great though I must admit. If I go for this, well then the Hellgate statues from Weta become fair game and even the WoW statues from SS. It crosses motifs; be warned this statue is a gateway drug to poverty :)

Hmm, odd.

First reaction: statue based from a computer game? No thanks. GG did that with their Glorfindel bust but the Bombadil bust was based on a Weta card design but still, they were both characters from the book.
Agree with Shell that it looks just the same as the SSW statue, with a bit of clothing on it and holding a dwarf. I'll be buying the game and sure, it'd be nice to have this statue, but it just wouldn't feel right alongside the other maquettes. Plus at the price it'll be, with the shipping and tax from the US, and the size.... i think it'll be a pass.

That statue should have been in the same size range as the original Cave Troll statue. I think Weta really dropped the ball on that one.....:(

:lecture

I'll feel just fine having this beside my other maquettes. :rock Game should be a vlast and owning this will be the same.

You know, there may only be a fleeting reference to snow trolls, and various other species of trolls in Tolkien's writings, and I'm under no illustion this character is based on anything other than a video game [I think the 'War of the Ring' title attached to this collectible kind of gives that away :lol], but I think this is one amazing-looking statue. And while this specific species of troll is not is not one we are familiar with from the movies, I think it a mistake to think this creature is based on anything other than Weta's own conceptual troll designs. The only thing I can see that differentiates this troll from the various types we did see in the movies, or from the existing Weta statues...is the addition of that particular headdress.

I can understand completely as to why this statue may not be everyone's 'cup of tea', but I think it has to be considered that SS seems to be specifically targeting the gaming community with this statue and not necessarily those of us who desire movie-related collectibles. So while it may not be for everyone it is nice to see SS addressing those who may be more into LOTR-related games than the movies.

Personally speaking however, the most exciting aspect of this announcement has less to do with the statue and more to do with the man behind the statue. After several years away Andy B. is back working with SS and not only is he sculpting for them, it appears he is working behind the scenes in the conceptual stages of various projects as well. And this should be perceived as extremely good news for all LOTR collectors IMO. To put this in it's proper prespective, having Andy back is like having a championship sports team already loaded with all-star talent, adding another all-star player to their roster during the off-season....:clap

Last edited:
If SS is targeting the Gaming Community, then I think it can only be good in the longer term interest of this line. With a wider base of collectors, chances are we will see more interesting and varied characters and creatures from the LOTR line.

You know, there may only be a fleeting reference to snow trolls, and various other species of trolls in Tolkien's writings, and I'm under no illustion this character is based on anything other than a video game [I think the 'War of the Ring' title attached to this collectible kind of gives that away :lol], but I think this is one amazing-looking statue. And while this specific species of troll is not is not one we are familiar with from the movies, I think it a mistake to think this creature is based on anything other than Weta's own conceptual troll designs. The only thing I can see that differentiates this troll from the various types we did see in the movies, or from the existing Weta statues...is the addition of that particular headdress.

smeagol2-715877.jpg

Not listening! Nope!

RoboDad will not be enticed to love yet another expensive Sideshow piece. Nasssty woodsys, trying to make poor Smeagol, errr... RoboDad even more broke.

:lol

First and foremost, it is great that Andy B. will be part of the Sideshow team again! Great news! I think the sculpt and design of the statue is really terrific, and is a great addition to the line. Since it is a non-movie character, I can certainly skip it and hopefully save up for a later movie cave troll! I hope that Sideshow doesn't go too far afield and focuses more closely on the film line, but the occassional addition like this will save me a few bucks!

I think it looks pretty good. I most likely won't be getting it although I reserve the right to change my mind. :lol What I like is the fact that size wise it will look nice displayed with the Weta Cave Troll. Very interesting that they pretty much adapted the same pose. In relation to the rest of the maquette line, I think it may have fit in better scale wise if it wasn't holding the dwarf.

I think it looks pretty good. I most likely won't be getting it although I reserve the right to change my mind. :lol

Watching the video again, I have to second the reservation of the right to change my mind, but with more expensive Premium Formats on the way in the near future, I am thinking to skip this one to be able to afford other things that are more in line with the movies. The design and sculpt are superb, but I would really have preferred a regular Cave Troll. The price and size will certainly be a factor when it comes time to pre-order!

smeagol2-715877.jpg

Not listening! Nope!

RoboDad will not be enticed to love yet another expensive Sideshow piece. Nasssty woodsys, trying to make poor Smeagol, errr... RoboDad even more broke.
:lol

You know what they say, 'misery loves company'......:lol Though I imagine the only ones who might be miserable are the guys who don't buy when SS sets an ES at 100, it sells out instantly....and then PJ introduces one of these bad boys in The Hobbit. :naughty

Last edited:
You know what they say, 'misery loves company'......:lol Though I imagine the only ones who might be miserable are the guys who don't buy when SS sets an ES at 100, it sells out instantly....and then PJ introduces one of these bad boys in The Hobbit. :naughty

:slap :panic: :medic :lol

that thought never even crossed my mind, now I might have to get it just to be safe. :gah:

Back