Media SILENT HILLS by Hideo Kojima & Guilleromo Del Toro - Starring Norman Reedus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SILENT HILL by Hideo Kojima & Guilleromo Del Toro - Starring Norman Reedus

Well, this is literally a sad night for me. I just got back into Silent Hill a few weeks ago (currently working my way through SH 1), and I would have LOVED to try this out. I'm especially excited that there's something Kojima-related that isn't MGS for once.

I want to pee in my pants too! Release it on the PS3 as well, Kojima-san!!!! :gah:

Last edited:

I just hope this will revitalize the Silent Hill series and break Kojima's Metal Gear curse. He truly deserves to break away from MGS and make the games he wants. I've read Kojima's articles on the horror genre decades ago and he does seem to be a great candidate to replace Team Silent. My only real concern is Kojima's lack of subtleties and the forceful Japanese elements that seems present in all his work might not be suited for a series like Silent Hill.

Well, this is literally a sad night for me. I just got back into Silent Hill (currently working my way through SH 1), and I would have LOVED to try this out. I'm especially excited at that there's something Kojima-related that isn't MGS for once.

I want to pee in my pants too! Release it on the PS3 as well, Kojima-san!!!! :gah:

Play all of them, they're worth it. :yess:

I just hope this will revitalize the Silent Hill series and break Kojima's Metal Gear curse. He truly deserves to break away from MGS and make the games he wants. I've read Kojima's articles on the horror genre decades ago and he does seem to be a great candidate to replace Team Silent. My only real concern is Kojima's lack of subtleties and the forceful Japanese elements that seems present in all his work might not be suited for a series like Silent Hill.

I think Kojima has A LOT of untapped potential that still has yet to be explored. I truly believe that he can bring so much to the horror genre, as evidenced by the sheer darkness that we witnessed in Ground Zeroes :lol.

Play all of them, they're worth it. :yess:

Oh yes, most definitely :monkey3.

I think it's still just a little sad that Konami is making Kojima work on another one of their dying franchises, Kojima is literally Konami's only hope.

But I can tell you, this game is not made for the short of patience, this game forces you too see, not just look and I can already see how casual gamers are going to hate on it cause it doesn't hold their hands.

I've played it twice now and it's genius, it truly takes me back to the old survivor horror games but you know, modernized.

This new genre of 1st person horror is a really good thing for horror gaming as opposed to the "action horror" genre blandness.

If you can't wait Solidus, I suggest you watch a play through, I watched the play through of the 1st girl who beat this demo, it's on the 1st page of the thread I think, and it didn't make the game any less scary nor took anything away from my experience, even if I knew some jumpscares were going to happen I still shat my pants the same :lol

I think it's still just a little sad that Konami is making Kojima work on another one of their dying franchises, Kojima is literally Konami's only hope.

But I can tell you, this game is not made for the short of patience, this game forces you too see, not just look and I can already see how casual gamers are going to hate on it cause it doesn't hold their hands.

I've played it twice now and it's genius, it truly takes me back to the old survivor horror games but you know, modernized.

This new genre of 1st person horror is a really good thing for horror gaming as opposed to the "action horror" genre blandness.

If you can't wait Solidus, I suggest you watch a play through, I watched the play through of the 1st girl who beat this demo, it's on the 1st page of the thread I think, and it didn't make the game any less scary nor took anything away from my experience, even if I knew some jumpscares were going to happen I still shat my pants the same :lol

Wow, thanks for the suggestion, I'm gonna look at it :duff. It sounds amazing from what you describe. Plus, I'd love to try this out on surround speakers when I get a PS4 :horror.

On a side note, my favorite horror game to this day is Siren: Blood Curse. Ryan told me that it was like the spiritual successor to Silent Hill because one of the former SH producers worked on it.

885129.gif

This looks like it could be the first great SH game after SH3 :drool

Wow, thanks for the suggestion, I'm gonna look at it :duff. It sounds amazing from what you describe. Plus, I'd love to try this out on surround speakers when I get a PS4 :horror.

On a side note, my favorite horror game to this day is Siren: Blood Curse. Ryan told me that it was like the spiritual successor to Silent Hill because one of the former SH producers worked on it.

No problem :hi5:, I've watched a couple more playthroughs, and the one on the 1st page here is the best, everybody rushes through it and it's not meant to be played like that, that girl got the hang of it quick and it was enjoyable, even YongYea was annoying to watch cause he kept complaining how nothing would happen, but the game gives you all the hints you need if you know how to listen and pay attention.

Btw, yeah, Siren is amazing, I played the demo and bought the game but never got around to play it and now I can't cause I don't have a ps3 no mo :monkey2

So is this confirmed as a PS4 exclusive? Or are people saying that just because it was showed at the sony conference and the teaser debuted on the ps store?

I am so ******ing excited for this like, holy crap! Scary coincidence too since I've been replaying Downpour and have been wanting re-watch the original Hellboy film. Good lord I can't even....

First person? Nope.

Norman Reedus? Nope.

Kojima? Maybe.

2/3 fail.

I might be the only person in the planet that finds Reedus uninteresting.

I might be the only person in the planet that finds Reedus uninteresting.

You're not, although it feels like it's such a small minority that feel the same way. I don't "hate" him, I'm just sick of his hype.

885129.gif

This looks like it could be the first great SH game after SH3 :drool

I agree.....for the time that game disappointed me, mainly due to the reused SH2 levels, like the hospital...little did we know at the time that Sh 3 was gonna be the last great one...and that was 2003 I believe

You're not, although it feels like it's such a small minority that feel the same way. I don't "hate" him, I'm just sick of his hype.

Feel the same way about Kurt Russell's Snake Plissken - see you in the parking lot.............punk :monkey3

First person? Nope.

Norman Reedus? Nope.

Kojima? Maybe.

2/3 fail.

So is this post...get out of here you.....

Totally agree on Reedus and TWD.

Excellent! :rock Hopefully this renewed interest in Silent Hill will get a third movie made so I can find out what happens to Christopher and Rose. :monkey3

But first person makes me sad.

Back