Media SILENT HILLS by Hideo Kojima & Guilleromo Del Toro - Starring Norman Reedus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SILENT HILL by Hideo Kojima & Guilleromo Del Toro - Starring Norman Reedus

Kojima is way too badass to be taking pictures with Norman Reedus

Lots of **** talking, but man, I get it. Konami has put the Silent Hill franchise in the ground. I have 'completed' the P.T. 'teaser demo' and ya know, its dripping in atmosphere. It felt like one giant riddle in a way. Took me about an hour - and the funny thing, the experience was different than what was posted on Twitch. If they can make a hallway interesting, then I will absolutely look forward to this one.

What makes me excited the most? These people clearly want to work on Silent Hill. No way they were pushed into it and if this is really a passion project among the main three creative folks behind this, then hell, that's awesome!!!!!

Really!? One of the most WTF gaming moments Ive ever had. Very much looking forward to this.:yess:

Lots of **** talking, but man, I get it. Konami has put the Silent Hill franchise in the ground. I have 'completed' the P.T. 'teaser demo' and ya know, its dripping in atmosphere. It felt like one giant riddle in a way. Took me about an hour - and the funny thing, the experience was different than what was posted on Twitch. If they can make a hallway interesting, then I will absolutely look forward to this one.

What makes me excited the most? These people clearly want to work on Silent Hill. No way they were pushed into it and if this is really a passion project among the main three creative folks behind this, then hell, that's awesome!!!!!

I was just joking about my comment, to be honest this announcement blew my mind. You made a good point, these guys could have made anything they wanted, and decided to work together to make this, so I’m sure this will turn out great.

I’m downloading the demo now :yess:

I was just joking about my comment, to be honest this announcement blew my mind. You made a good point, these guys could have made anything they wanted, and decided to work together to make this, so I’m sure this will turn out great.

I’m downloading the demo now :yess:

Its all good - trust me, most of the 'crap' talking not coming from here....I made the mistake of going to the Sient Hill Community board....man, SH fans are negative. If Jesus himself announced he was personallly coming down from heaven to work on a new Silent hill game, the fans' there would sigh a collective, 'MEH!' Rest of the world seems pretty excited.

The P.T. demo will test the patience of some - I will give you a hint, there are three main options: walking, zooming in (r3) and 'X' which I had to use once that I can recall. Gonna play the interactive demo again to see if its different - in the Twitch version, the flashlight was green at one point. My flashlight never did that!

Its all good - trust me, most of the 'crap' talking not coming from here....I made the mistake of going to the Sient Hill Community board....man, SH fans are negative. If Jesus himself announced he was personallly coming down from heaven to work on a new Silent hill game, the fans' there would sigh a collective, 'MEH!' Rest of the world seems pretty excited.

The P.T. demo will test the patience of some - I will give you a hint, there are three main options: walking, zooming in (r3) and 'X' which I had to use once that I can recall. Gonna play the interactive demo again to see if its different - in the Twitch version, the flashlight was green at one point. My flashlight never did that!

Thats just the way of the internet now sadly, people love to complain for some reason.

Thanks for the heads up, did you think the demo was as creepy as everyone has been saying?

Just finished the demo, holy **** it's ****ing scary! :lol

That single room in the demo has more puzzle and more exploration than any "survival horror" game in the decade.

And it looks gorgeous, this game truly looks next gen.

IS DIS ON PS3??!!!

**** :(.

Thats just the way of the internet now sadly, people love to complain for some reason.

Thanks for the heads up, did you think the demo was as creepy as everyone has been saying?

Yes, I do - played with the lights down, the headphones on high and it was very creepy. Also a little frustrating as there are no instructions as to what to do. Once you realize the 'secret' to it, the ending can be had - 2nd time I got it in under 10 min. There seems to be two distinct patterns to the demo. On one, my flashlight turned different colors, another I had a red hallway type deal - it was very cool

If this much thought goes into an 'interactive teaser' like this, I can only imagine what a full fledge game will be like. I am secretly hoping for a Masahiro Ito creature design announcement! That would just rock!

This is going to put the series back on track. Im sure Kojima can make a turd smell like flowers :rotfl

I'm not a huge horror fan, but this has me intrigued. I can't play it, as I don't have a PS4, yet, but I "purchased" it, so, at least I won't have to worry about it being unavailable once I do.:lol

The less combat the better IMO, Shattered memories was one of the best in the franchise since SH2 precisely because of that.

And I loved that it gave you NO instructions what so ever, I had to figure out everything on my own, it took me over 45 minutes, but it was rewarding as hell, yeah, it was a bit frustrating at one point, just like the originals RE and SH puzzles felt back in the day, it forced me to look and search for the most minuscule details and explore every inch of the house to see if there were any kinds of patterns or changes, there wasn't a single boring moment for me.

Besides, the photorealistic graphics really immerse you into the experience, this demo looks better than anything on consoles out there.

MGSV looks fine and all, but this demo really takes advantage of the FOX engine in ways MGSV does not.

Just look at this crap.

12512_10152605856027457_4452176977146539090_n.jpg

You will **** your pants, I guarantee you.

I don't think it's a spoiler, but just to be sure.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I love the messages myself:

View attachment 127224

Shhh don't spoil it for those who haven't played it.

But yeah I peed myself a little too :lol

I think that was intended for you to

Spoiler Spoiler:

Good stuff.......and if the final game looks like the hallway, holy cow !!!!!!!!!!!

Back