Media SILENT HILLS by Hideo Kojima & Guilleromo Del Toro - Starring Norman Reedus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WARNING! SPOILERS!!!
played this round my mates yesterday. Obviously I was well excited to play a new silent hill especially with all these big names involved... Unfortunately I got tired of it real fast :( I am not saying that it was not scary , BOY IT WAS SOME FREAKY ****! The music was creepy maybe for the first ten times, untill you realize that it is not actually triggered by anything you do. Just on a constant repeat. If you are going to set this demo in one corridoor, with very subtle puzzles and the possibiblity of players walking round and round for hours, then at least make a dynamic soundtrack. Hearing the same score over and over just took the scare away i'm afraid. It started to become a bit of a grind, and we just ended up watching the last section online. It was also a shame that it wasnt running at 60fps. can't see any reason why it wouldnt be able to :dunno

Yeah, I was definitely bummed about the date, but good to know they are not rushing it out. That's a very good thing. I actually like the idea of both 1st and 3rd person in the same game - best of both worlds

well least Kojima knows more about Silent Hills Release date than MGS Phantom Pain

I'm just waiting for it to get delayed like how MGS 4 was delayed for two whole years :lol.

2016? :rotfl I'd be crying if I wasn't laughing :lol

Damn the wait will be tough!

I'm guessing that TPP needs to be finished before KojiPro can work on this.

Finished playing it last night and I loved it even though it wasn't from the actual game. It was creepy as hell. The wait until 2016 is going to suck though. It's interesting that Kojima strongly hinted the game would be based in an open world in that interview from a page back. I'm not to sure how I feel about that if its true. While most of my favorite games are open world games, I don't know if its a good fit for SH. But I trust they'll make the right decision regardless.

I am getting so nervous right now as I watch that download bar start moving...I am the kind of guy that bailout everytime friends and families invite me to go see some scary movie anywhere! What have I done....:slap

Finished playing it last night and I loved it even though it wasn't from the actual game. It was creepy as hell. The wait until 2016 is going to suck though. It's interesting that Kojima strongly hinted the game would be based in an open world in that interview from a page back. I'm not to sure how I feel about that if its true. While most of my favorite games are open world games, I don't know if its a good fit for SH. But I trust they'll make the right decision regardless.

Well SH has always been kind of open world anyway.

I am getting so nervous right now as I watch that download bar start moving...I am the kind of guy that bailout everytime friends and families invite me to go see some scary movie anywhere! What have I done....:slap

Hang in there, this is the stuff that builds character.

Well, horror games are more enjoyable by yourself, and alone in the dark with the volume turned up. Had many sleepless nights with Siren: Blood Curse.

hmm, Sh1, Sh2 and SH: downpour are kinda it...rest were very very linear

Origins was also a bit open.

I mean, there's precedent, I think a full open world SH isn't straying too much away from the identity.

It's best to play this game in the dark with a group of people.

Yes it is, it's both scary and hilarious.

It's definitely more scary that way, but yesterday I played this with a bunch of friends and some girls we know and it was a great time. Seeing everyone scared and trying to figure out how to progress was awesome, it felt like we were all playing.

Felt like I was back in high school, seeing everyone's reaction was priceless.

Last edited:
Back