Sideshow Video: G.I. JOE Inside Look

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was REALLY hoping Sideshow would go totally classic with these, but I am more than happy (and surprised) with the direction they are going!

I was REALLY hoping Sideshow would go totally classic with these, but I am more than happy (and surprised) with the direction they are going!

My feelings as well King.

I'd prefer a more RAH look but the realistic look does look good. I think Snake Eyes came out almost perfect.

I just don't want Devil's Due designs. :( Some of those are horrible.

The concept art of Cobra Commander looks awesome. But that's the word "concept" we could get a cape at the end. Either way it looks bad a$$ and I like the hood over the dome any day!
:chew

I seriously hope they rethink the idea of not including the iconic metallic mask with the Commander (if that's indeed even the case... these are afterall, early design images they are showing not the finished item or even the finished design). Not including both masks would be a tremendous oversight imho.
I agree. Both looks are iconic, we must have both; besides, managing to credibly make a custom version of the chromedome would be pretty difficult.

Last edited:
Meh, Classic zartan, devils due zartan.. all they gotta do is give him a swat team sweater under the classic armor. if you don't want the devils due look, pull the sweater off.

At $120 + shipping a pop, I'm not sure how many people are going to be down with double-dipping of characters for a simple swap of head gear.

I seriously hope they rethink the idea of not including the iconic metallic mask with the Commander (if that's indeed even the case... these are afterall, early design images they are showing not the finished item or even the finished design). Not including both masks would be a tremendous oversight imho.

I gotta disagree, the look of the Metallic Headed CC could very well stand on its own as a release and if its modernized I see something along these lines being done:

cobcom-front-full.jpg

Either way there are so many CC variations I see a few of these figures sprinkled in amongst the others.

Awesome Classic Design
cobracommander.jpg

Agreed. I think they'll release this version if not as a full release definitely as an Exclusive somewhere down the line.

I think CC looks cool with the trenchcoat, but I'm sticking strictly with the Joes. I can't wait to see what they do with Flint. He had a fairly realistic outfit so I can't imagine they'll change much.

I'm the opposite, only a couple of Joes and then I'll have a shelf full of Cobras. I'm really not liking the cloth facemask of the Cobra Soldier though. Depending on price I might just go with the Cobra Leadership.

I gotta disagree, the look of the Metallic Headed CC could very well stand on its own as a release and if its modernized I see something along these lines being done.

I gotta think you're in the minority if you're willing to buy multiples of individual characters at this price-point. Especially when the differences are not THAT drastic.

I would only consider ordering him if he came with swivel-arm battle grip

Since they are stylized figures from the looks of it, they could drastically make CC different in the metallic masked look.....it just depends on whether or not SS is going to go that route....

cobracommander.jpg

no way would I ever pay 120 bucks for this

GI20Joe20-20Cobra20Commander.jpg

this, I would gladly put down 150 plus to own, this is the BEST cobra design I have seen.

But I do hope we get the metal mask release down the line though. I actually prefer that to the hood, it just looks cooler.

Meh, Classic zartan, devils due zartan.. all they gotta do is give him a swat team sweater under the classic armor. if you don't want the devils due look, pull the sweater off.

Well, the devils due Zartan doesn't have the classic Zartan armour at all. He has like a spandex top with metal should pads. From what I can tell, they won't be doing any classic designs. Which is a bummer. I can't believe it though that we were so close to a classic design Snake Eyes version 2 from the video. That would have been news. This....well not so much.

They didn't say they were not going to use the Classic design... but merely making sure they have a modern, Realistic look. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

I'm more then happy with the direction that Sideshow is taking GI Joe. More realistic yet still trying to hold the older iconic designs. But some really don't need any rethinking; Flint and Duke are about as realistic as you could get, so I hope they don't try and rethink their designs too much.

And there's a few things that are more fantastic that I think Sideshow HAS TO MAKE! Things like jet packs, laser rifles from both the figures and the cartoon, Joe visored helmets, Dreadnok weapons etc..
I'd hate to not be able to have a 1:6 scale Duke that looks like this:
duke26.jpg

Cobra Commander's design is perfect. Not quite the Bradstreet look (note the lack of shoulder pads on the trench) but not quite the 80's toy or cartoon look. And the choice in main weapon is surprising, it's exactly the same weapon Dragon has made in a weapons set a few years ago. Dragon's MP-7 was a fantastically designed gun with a rotating fore grip, sliding stock, multiple lengths of magazines, and crisp detail; it'll be hard for Sideshow to come even close to this; I liked it so much, I bought two sets.
I do think he's not the only Cobra Commander they'll make, I bet the next one will have the chrome visor helmet and be in a typical suit more like the Cartoon version. :D

And the Cobra Troopers are right on track. I really hope the figure they make is exactly like the guy all dressed up but with a slightly more iconic helmet.
Sideshow has me hooked, I just hope I can afford them all!

It sounds like Sideshow is taking the exact approach that I wanted them to with the line. I like the realistic design with a few of the classic elements.

Now bring on my Cobra Troopers!!

Ummm...no I didn't (tries to keep as low a profile as possible to minimize ridicule). But I do now (I see the molding on the floor). Wonder where these shots came from. Anyway...I like the concept and would be completely happy with the figures looking just like them.

You do realize those were guys in costumes, not figures right?

Thanks for setting me straight on that.

Back