Sideshow Video: G.I. JOE Inside Look

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see that this is going to be the greatest line of figures ever. I'm in awe. I can't even imagine how awesome Firefly, Snow Serpent, Flash, Beach Head, and many others will look.

I was also surprised that it appears we won't be getting CC's silver mask however at 3:07:53 they show a Snake Eyes design sketch where he has the goggles. Obviously they changed their minds after creating that sketch and gave us the visor so hopefully we'll get the silver mask as well.

I love that we're getting CC's vintage handgun! :rock

I will say that I hope they don't try and emulate the Devil's Due designs too much.

Nice video, but I'm not diggin that Cobra Commander design at all. Give us a classic looking CC, and none of that Bradstreet or modern comic bs. If this is the direction, I'm very disappointed in Sideshow. We aren't going to get any of the classic designs.

I wish Cobra Commander got a cape instead of the trench...the option having it off is cool because without it, he looks like the cobra commander I remember

Nice video, but I'm not diggin that Cobra Commander design at all. Give us a classic looking CC, and none of that Bradstreet or modern comic bs. If this is the direction, I'm very disappointed in Sideshow. We aren't going to get any of the classic designs.

I think without the trenchcoat, the classic design is there

From the Cobra Officer pages it looked like they were using the 25th anniversary figure as a template and then give him a realistic costume based on that design. It sounds like they plan on taking a few signature elements (Snake Eyes visor, CC's hood, Destro's silver mask, etc.) and then giving them modern updates around the less iconic portions of their designs.

If they all come out like Snake Eyes I'll be more than pleased. And I have no intention of displaying CC with a trenchcoat. :lol

Awesome Classic Design
cobracommander.jpg

Meh busy not classic design
GI20Joe20-20Cobra20Commander.jpg

I also fear they'll pay too much homage to the crappy Devil's Due stuff.

Because they actually had the proto figure in the video, my guess is for the trooper as the next figure.

Crap! I gotta start troop-building already!

It looks like each figure will come with at least one signature "fantasy weapon" from his vintage toy design. Snake Eyes got his big black 1985 sword and CC will get his 1982 pistol. I'm guessing we'll be able to dress down these figures and display them with their fantasy weapons to give them a more vintage feel.

While I understand where you're coming from with the classic designs EvilFace, I'd prefer a more modern interpretation of my favorite character:Zartan.....I'd prefer this :

hsfshshs.jpg

And this:

zartan-2.jpg

over that classic design who would show all kind of ugly joints:

zartan-1.gif

ZARTAN_1-1.jpg

While I understand where you're coming from with the classic designs EvilFace, I'd prefer a more modern interpretation of my favorite character:Zartan.....I'd prefer this :

hsfshshs.jpg

And this:

zartan-2.jpg

over that classic design who would show all kind of ugly joints:

zartan-1.gif

ZARTAN_1-1.jpg

You are ghey if you think that!!!!

I think CC looks cool with the trenchcoat, but I'm sticking strictly with the Joes. I can't wait to see what they do with Flint. He had a fairly realistic outfit so I can't imagine they'll change much.

It's too bad the people making the GI Joe movie don't put as much thought into costume design as the Sideshow employees.

Back