Statue Sideshow Terminator 2 Battle Damaged T-800 PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The code is still valid if you are referring to Zavvi which is 15% off so it's an extra £45. I'm wanting to stick to EX if I can. Struggling to find a PF Keaton EX for a good price as well.

I had the Ex but sold it to help fund another purchase. I really like the piece and will be getting one of the regulars at some point as ss are doing some decent offers on stuff as of late. Not sure abit zavi as I preordered with them before and they cancelled my order :gah:

Well I've opened up my T800 Battle Damaged Arnie EX and I'm really impressed with this piece. I'm astounded by the negativity around this statue, in person it's stunning and to me the best representation of Arnie to date in statue form. The only thing I would change would be to have a light up eye feature but other than that very little to whinge about! I can imagine a few people regretting not buying this piece. If you are on the fence trust me it's worth it. I will post up some better pics once the Mrs gets her decent camera charged up! The detailing is fantastic.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I still don't see it. I look at the pics and want to like it, but it just looks horrible. A few people have said it looks great in person though. I do wish I could see this in person to get an idea for myself what it looks like.

I just bought it and was deeply shocked how ugly it looks. So I thought no wonder Sideshow still has some of their 2000 units to sell.

I saw similar pictures some pages before but could you confirm to me that his face really looks like this with those many small holes shown or could this be a production error? I'm currently thinking if I should give it back.

t2.jpgt3.jpgt1.jpgt1cropped.jpg

I put the pictures here as the Forum seems to compress it and make them smaller so that the little holes can't be seen :)
https://www.tecwiz.de/download/T2.zip

I had the original T2 PF and that is still fairly easy to get these days as well, so I don't think Terminator is maybe as popular as other lines really. I can honestly say the pics don't do it justice and you would need to see it in person to appreciate it. Each to their own but I'm very happy with mine. My Keaton PF should be here tomorrow, decided to stick to movie PF's for now so I will look to hunt down the Indy PF's at some point as well as Jack Sparrow.

I just bought it and was deeply shocked how ugly it looks. So I thought no wonder Sideshow still has some of their 2000 units to sell.

I saw similar pictures some pages before but could you confirm to me that his face really looks like this with those many small holes shown or could this be a production error? I'm currently thinking if I should give it back.

View attachment 172138View attachment 172139View attachment 172137View attachment 172140

I put the pictures here as the Forum seems to compress it and make them smaller so that the little holes can't be seen :)
https://www.tecwiz.de/download/T2.zip

Again the pictures make it look worse than it actually is in person. Doesn't bother me one bit they are so small it's barely noticeable.

Well I've opened up my T800 Battle Damaged Arnie EX and I'm really impressed with this piece. I'm astounded by the negativity around this statue, in person it's stunning and to me the best representation of Arnie to date in statue form. The only thing I would change would be to have a light up eye feature but other than that very little to whinge about! I can imagine a few people regretting not buying this piece. If you are on the fence trust me it's worth it. I will post up some better pics once the Mrs gets her decent camera charged up! The detailing is fantastic.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I agree with you Spikecast, this piece, in my opinion, is one to have in hand to appreciate it, pictures somehow don't do it justice. The negativity around this figure is really more about personal preferences than its general overall appearance. Is it flawed? Sure- amongst other collectibles that have flaws too but not to the degree that makes this piece as bad as some have said it is. So enjoy it! It makes a perfect companion to the Endo bust.

Congrats on the Keaton piece,too,that piece is fantastic, and it too has a flaw; one of its eyes looks a little off kind of saggy it's weird. However, appears to be universal on all of the production pieces from what I've seen and heard on that forum but it's a great piece worthy of purchase just like this Arnold piece.

Happy collecting!

Max Power

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I have it in hand and I'm glad I didn't skip it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This makes me really think if some Statues are better made than the others... On my one on which I showed some close-up pictures it really feels cheap and especially the paint in his face has lots of holes, etc.
Additionally I think it feels cheap because I have this awesome Hot Toys Battle-Damaged Edition and this one is just pure awesomeness and seeing this statue leaves me with a weird cheap feeling... I now think I would rather pay more for the EnterBay version than the Statue. I'm ok with other people liking this version but still I feel that my version is defective with those weird holes in his face and that it looks like the paint is scraping off.

To the ones who own this and love it...great, but there's a reason why this is selling for way under retail on eBay and everywhere else. There's also a reason why this hasn't sold out yet. I've never posted my opinion on this one, but I thought I should since there's still collectors bumping the thread.

I don't have this in hand, but I don't need to see it in hand to see how bad it is. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. I get so tired of the whole, "pics don't do it justice" cliché excuse.

There's enough photos of this thing to go around that I could literally create my own 360 image of it...on every part of his body. I don't need to see it in-hand. There's pieces that come out where you just know it looks right and there's pieces that come out when you know that they don't look right. This is definitely one that doesn't look right.

I own the Keaton Bats PF too, and when I saw the first in-hand pics and the first review of that one, I immediately knew the piece looked right. I'm not saying that collectors who own this have ****** taste (or maybe I am)...all I'm saying is that there are those collectors who just know what a piece is supposed to look like.

I'm a solid statue and a PF collector. So when I compare the likeness of this 1/4 PF with Enterbay's 1/4 figure, I gotta tell you guys, I would rather own an articulating figure with a likeness to a particular actor that's so good, it makes you look right past the giant, annoying sectional seam that's on the back of his head. Enterbay's T2 BD is a spitting image of what was seen in that movie.

For Christ sakes, they're both covered in mixed media just the same, and you can pose the EB fig just like this SS PF. A likeness and attention to detail on sculpt, hair, clothing, blood, cuts, weathering, and everything else that's so unbelievably good, you would think you pulled Schwarzenegger from the inside of your TV and put him on your shelf. How anyone can choose the PF to represent their version of T2 is beyond me....especially when the EB version is still out there.

Is the leg support/and or crotch holder really that embarrassing to collectors? I think the PF is embarrassing.

This PF is awesome to me - I actually had the Enterbay piece and sold it because while the face sculpt was great, the body always looked "toyish" to me. I'd rather have a statue with a lesser paint job but greater fluidity of movement. The PF just has much more presence to me. To each their own!

Even the old Arnie T1/T2 pieces didn't/don't sell that well, it is not just due to people not liking this piece. There are no doubt some issues, but I still have not seen a good side by side comparison of the 2 in question to call the EB vastly superior. The clothing on the PF looks better to me and I love the base. And yes, crotch stands are a deal killer for a lot of us.

I actually really like the T1 PF...I'd love to own it, but I can't find one at the moment. Guys, don't take what I said personal...I just had to get it off my chest. Like brad said, "To each their own."

Back