Statue Sideshow Terminator 2 Battle Damaged T-800 PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found good pics in the other forum :

IMG_9182.jpg

IMG_9181.jpg

Found some even better pics via Google. No professional lighting with a professional camera to try and enhance the sculpt and paint, like the above photos. Just some exceptional shots in natural light with an exceptional camera. Not my photos and not my fig, but you get the idea...

d801551.jpg

d801554.jpg

d801476.jpg

I rest my case.

Screen%20shot%202015-03-15%20at%206.55.03%20PM_zpsbcsydqsq.png

And this is what you get when you order both and look at them in real life.
It's the difference between a TOY and a STATUE.

Lmao! You still don't get it, dude...the right picture is a Sideshow prototype. I'd change my tune about this whole argument if that's what customers actually received, but take a scroll to the top of the page to see what collectors really get. Nice try...

Lmao! You still don't get it, dude...the right picture is a Sideshow prototype. I'd change my tune about this whole argument if that's what customers actually received, but take a scroll to the top of the page to see what collectors really get. Nice try...

Well the Enterbay picture is NOT a prototype - it really is the plastic-looking crap the customer gets for their money.
So keep laughing and enjoy your doll...

Well the Enterbay picture is NOT a prototype - it really is the plastic-looking crap the customer gets for their money.
So keep laughing and enjoy your doll...

Haha what are you talking about? You still used a PF prototype pic to justify your whole argument. That 'plastic crap' is worth more than this PF just from likeness alone. And who said I had the fig? I'm a PF and statue nut-swinger, but at least I can acknowledge when a production fig outshines a production statue.

The sideshow pic is the proto and the enterbay pic is crap.
I have both of the statues and honestly the sideshow version looks so much better in person but it doesent come close to the enterbay version take my word on that. Sideshow version 7/10 enterbay version 9.5/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sideshow pic is the proto and the enterbay pic is crap.

Are you talking about the pic nostro posted? Haha, he would try to find a not-so-good pic and then attempt to pin it up against a Sideshow prototype picture. Like he thought I wouldn't know that was a proto pic? Lol, busted!

And honestly, the Enterbay pic he posted wasn't at all that bad either. The few I found via Google and posted earlier are some of the best in-hand pics of that fig I've ever seen. That's exactly what collectors will get too.

Haha what are you talking about? You still used a PF prototype pic to justify your whole argument. That 'plastic crap' is worth more than this PF just from likeness alone. And who said I had the fig? I'm a PF and statue nut-swinger, but at least I can acknowledge when a production fig outshines a production statue.

You forget this whole discussion began when you decided to crap all over the people (despite your fake "for those who own it and love it, great" comment) who were posting pictures of the PF they had received and were enjoying and finding surprisingly good - even though you yourself HADNT SEEN IT. I don't need to justify that the production fig outshines the production statue; only that if you don't have one yourself, your credibility for disparaging those who do is non-existant.

You forget this whole discussion began when you decided to crap all over the people (despite your fake "for those who own it and love it, great" comment).

Nahh dude....I decided to crap all over you after I read your pompous post of, "I've seen both the Enterbay and Sideshow Terminator heads in the raw clay and the Sideshow is vastly superior."

Haha...vastly!

Didn't know we're in the middle of comparing this with Enterbay. I read some pages back someone was asking if there's better pics of this PF other than some phone pics. Found some and post them here. Wasn't trying to compare it to EB. Some will prefer statues some will prefer toys.

Nahh dude....I decided to crap all over you after I read your pompous post of, "I've seen both the Enterbay and Sideshow Terminator heads in the raw clay and the Sideshow is vastly superior."

Haha...vastly!

At least I've seen them....

"I don't need to see it in order to have an opinion" ... talk about pompous... "dude"

I finally got a chance to see this in person today at a collectibles store, and it looks every bit as horrible in person as it does in pics, lol. I really was expecting it to look nice based on some feedback here from people who own it who said it looks much better in person, but honestly, it really doesn't. I think the body is not bad looking, but the head sculpt is just plain ugly and one of the worst I've seen from Sideshow. This is just my honest opinion. Even the guy working at the store thought it looked crap lol. I think those who think it looks great are either in denial or just have really low standards, lol.

:mwaha Biggest comparison fail ever.

I have over 40 Statues/Bust and zero Dollies, apart from Chucky who is a Doll, even I can admit the Dollie mentioned here is much better.
This souldn't be about which is better, people will always have their own opinions, it should be about what went wrong with the Sideshow effort.

Yeah the sculpt is very good, it's the factories that cannot produce anything close to the proto. Sideshow don't seem to care what they send out anymore.
Igo himself said they put a lot of time and effort into training up the factory workers but then they move onto other work. Probably better payed work.
I believe XM pieces are produced in the same factories as SS pieces, Why the huge difference in quality? Maybe those better painters, trained by Sideshow, are taking better payed work from XM. Maybe XM actually have proper Q.C in place which is something SS have totally forgot about.

yea, the proto looked good. I wonder if anyone has gotten one repainted yet.

I agree, Collectorcol. I think this would turn out a lot better if it was closer to the proto.
And like I said, some would prefer statues, others figures. We just have to respect each others' opinion.

I might receive my repainted by the end of the month :)

Please share pics. The proto looks just like Arnold, the final piece not as much. Still like it, but it's not the home run it should have been. If your repaint turns out well, I might take a chance and have the same done.

Here is my custom painted PF that I received a couple of days ago. I have no skills with a camera, or photo editing, so sorry about the quality. Hopefully you can see the pictures, I'm not sure how the website is for people outside of Norway. I will upload some comparison pictures later with the Enterbay figure.
cmVabHpE.jpeg

bHBIbGUz.jpeg

Z0RVR3BT.jpeg

bEo1U3Vr.jpeg

RHoxaWF0.jpeg

T0pQbEs0.jpeg

aUtCSWIr.jpeg

Back