Statue Sideshow Terminator 2 Battle Damaged T-800 PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This makes me really think if some Statues are better made than the others... On my one on which I showed some close-up pictures it really feels cheap and especially the paint in his face has lots of holes, etc.
Additionally I think it feels cheap because I have this awesome Hot Toys Battle-Damaged Edition and this one is just pure awesomeness and seeing this statue leaves me with a weird cheap feeling... I now think I would rather pay more for the EnterBay version than the Statue. I'm ok with other people liking this version but still I feel that my version is defective with those weird holes in his face and that it looks like the paint is scraping off.

pay MORE to get the EB version? I paid $50 LESS to get the EB version.

Even the old Arnie T1/T2 pieces didn't/don't sell that well, it is not just due to people not liking this piece. There are no doubt some issues, but I still have not seen a good side by side comparison of the 2 in question to call the EB vastly superior. The clothing on the PF looks better to me and I love the base. And yes, crotch stands are a deal killer for a lot of us.

your right, Terminator is not a huge seller. There are very few that have done really well on the aftermarket. Same deal with LOTR. My stance hasn't changed on this piece though.

I have it and the original T1 piece. The original is superior, but this statue isn't bad and doesn't deserve all the hate it gets here.

This isn't such a bad piece in it's own right. If you are enjoying this Sideshow version, then more power to you.
The problem is... there's the Enterbay version, and in my humble opinion, it puts this one to shame in every aspect/category.

This isn't such a bad piece in it's own right. If you are enjoying this Sideshow version, then more power to you.
The problem is... there's the Enterbay version, and in my humble opinion, it puts this one to shame in every aspect/category.

The reason the Enterbay face looks good is that the translucent plastic they use is very forgiving of the flaws when paint is applied. I've seen both the Enterbay and Sideshow Terminator heads in the raw clay and the Sideshow is vastly superior.

The reason the Enterbay face looks good is that the translucent plastic they use is very forgiving of the flaws when paint is applied. I've seen both the Enterbay and Sideshow Terminator heads in the raw clay and the Sideshow is vastly superior.

No one gives a **** about sculpts in the raw. The end product is what matters to most, if not all.

Says the guy who's never seen them in person and judges by non professional pictures.

I would choose a PF any day over a figure, I own the Enterbay and have never seen the SS come close to this on any pics posted. Remember it's the final product what people get, irrelevant of what it looked like before.

I would choose a PF any day over a figure, I own the Enterbay and have never seen the SS come close to this on any pics posted. Remember it's the final product what people get, irrelevant of what it looked like before.

The people who actually GET the final product all seem pretty happy with the final product. It's only the people who've never seen the thing in real life that comment in the negative. That makes less sense than judging by what the sculpture looks like.

The people who actually GET the final product all seem pretty happy with the final product. It's only the people who've never seen the thing in real life that comment in the negative. That makes less sense than judging by what the sculpture looks like.

I don't need to own it to see that it doesn't compare to the Enterbay sculpt, if it came anywhere near, it would be sitting in my Besta next to my T1 T800PF

Most people put up with because either they have nothing to compare it to, or only collect statues and don't like figures. Maybe if it was re painted it would be different. But that's the way it comes unfortunately.

Last edited:
I don't need to own it to see that it doesn't compare to the Enterbay sculpt, if it came anywhere near, it would be sitting in my Besta next to my T1 T800PF

Most people put up with because either they have nothing to compare it to, or only collect statues and don't like figures. Maybe if it was re painted it would be different. But that's the way it comes unfortunately.

Again, I HAVE seen both in hand. The SS end product is better. Most people who have seen both IN HAND agree.

Again, I HAVE seen both in hand. The SS end product is better. Most people who have seen both IN HAND agree.

What it is about the end product of the sideshow piece do you thinks better ? Take away the fact one is an expensive figure and one is an expensive statue .

Just interested

What it is about the end product of the sideshow piece do you thinks better ? Take away the fact one is an expensive figure and one is an expensive statue .

Just interested

Very good question. The enterbay has plastic-y look to the skin that can't be ignored. The hips are too wide making the figure look fat with clothing on when he should look fit. The faux leather is too thick and so doesn't wrinkle in scale which leaves the figure with a doll-ish quality. The paint is a bit on the clean side and the face has more of a blank expression which resembles Michael Rooker from walking dead. It only works with the sunglasses covering the eyes.

The SS uses thinner material that wrinkles more in scale and realistic distress to the leather that makes a big difference in person. The face has a very intense expression that feels more alive and gives the figure a better dynamic. Seems more like scaled-down reality.
The paint is flat but in hand works very well. The eye sees it as real. Some bad Photos I've seen ruin that feeling. But since no one is going to be placing a large magnifying glass and poor yellow lighting in front of their home display case, it's the in hand impression that counts.

Very good question. The enterbay has plastic-y look to the skin that can't be ignored. The hips are too wide making the figure look fat with clothing on when he should look fit. The faux leather is too thick and so doesn't wrinkle in scale which leaves the figure with a doll-ish quality. The paint is a bit on the clean side and the face has more of a blank expression which resembles Michael Rooker from walking dead. It only works with the sunglasses covering the eyes.

The SS uses thinner material that wrinkles more in scale and realistic distress to the leather that makes a big difference in person. The face has a very intense expression that feels more alive and gives the figure a better dynamic. Seems more like scaled-down reality.
The paint is flat but in hand works very well. The eye sees it as real. Some bad Photos I've seen ruin that feeling. But since no one is going to be placing a large magnifying glass and poor yellow lighting in front of their home display case, it's the in hand impression that counts.

tumblr_ma52qzVsRo1rvwttvo1_500.gif

Very good question. The enterbay has plastic-y look to the skin that can't be ignored. It only works with the sunglasses covering the eyes

The Enterbay doesn't have sunglasses. And the skin tone is as real as anything you will ever see on any sideshow statue, with plenty of detail/blood etc

Are you sure you didn't look at it with sunglasses on?

I think I need to buy the PF and do a side by side for you.

The Enterbay doesn't have sunglasses. And the skin tone is as real as anything you will ever see on any sideshow statue, with plenty of detail/blood etc

Are you sure you didn't look at it with sunglasses on?

I think I need to buy the PF and do a side by side for you.

Already did a side-by-side in person. No need to send the photo. I used the glasses from T1 just to try it out.

Back