1/6 Sideshow Superman Sixth Scale Figure 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really is, and if you can snag some of the previous releases gadgets on the cheap it’s even better. The unmasked head is ugly as hell but I’m gonna sculpt a mustache on him and repaint it to be the head for a comic style Gordon

I love the idea of this comic book line, but SS deserves the criticism it's been getting; price, craftsmanship, etc. I haven't purchased their latest Batman, but am close to pulling the trigger (they've been tempting me with discounts). As good as it looks I'm still not completely convinced I'm getting my money's worth with this figure. SS has been a big miss for me in this area with this line. Marvel has been a bit better, but still questionable.
The only thing it's missing are accesories. It is leagues beyond their previous efforts in every other respect. I own a number of Hot Toys Batman figures, and the new SSC Batman is my favourite.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

The only thing it's missing are accesories. It is leagues beyond their previous efforts in every other respect. I own a number of Hot Toys Batman figures, and the new SSC Batman is my favourite.
That's where this Bats doesn't feel worth the price. I'm a collector who likes accessories. I know many do not. I know I have accessories from other figures I can use with this figure, but this one should come with a good set of extras; it's Batman.
So out of curiosity do we think Lobo is part of this sort of relaunch or is he part of the previous run?
He got a lot of flack when first released, but I would consider Lobo a figure that was on the better side of what SS produces.

So out of curiosity do we think Lobo is part of this sort of relaunch or is he part of the previous run?

Agreed - Lobo is an amazing Figure with one of the best if not the best 1/6 scale DC head sculpts SS has done. I was shocked the lack of love this piece got. He has an incredible shelf presence.
d316001731d8aee7e5ed2dc1dbbcb7cf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's where this Bats doesn't feel worth the price. I'm a collector who likes accessories. I know many do not. I know I have accessories from other figures I can use with this figure, but this one should come with a good set of extras; it's Batman.

I don't disagree, and I would have loved to receive the sort of accessories you get from a Mezco release. Ultimately, though, the figure itself is the main attraction and I think the SSC Batman is the best Batman figure on the market. The exclusive version, in my opinion, is also a pretty reasonable price for the extra headsculpt.

For me, even light on accesories, this line is a no brainer. I've got Flash on order and I'll be ordering Superman and Wonder Woman, too. These are the DC figures I've always wanted on my self.

Do you get more from Hot Toys at the same price point? Sure. But honestly, I'm willing to pay a bit of a premium to send the message that I want this line to continue. Green Lantern and Swamp Thing, please. And on the Marvel side, how about a Cyclops?

As I've stated, I'm on the verge of getting Bats. SS is making it very tempting. I'm all for giving my money to SS as long as they can deliver on a good quality product. Their new Superman and WW I'm not digging, so I can not pre-order. As with their latest Bats perhaps when those two are released and get positive feedback I may delve in. I know that may not help the line because it may show a lack of interest, but I have little faith in SS.

As I've stated, I'm on the verge of getting Bats. SS is making it very tempting. I'm all for giving my money to SS as long as they can deliver on a good quality product. Their new Superman and WW I'm not digging, so I can not pre-order. As with their latest Bats perhaps when those two are released and get positive feedback I may delve in. I know that may not help the line because it may show a lack of interest, but I have little faith in SS.
I had been on the fence with Batman, but Superman and WW convinced me to get at minimum the trinity. Batman is honestly very impressive in person. Im sold on this line despite not being completely in love with the headsculpt on Supes. Ill probably get Flash too if I'm being honest with myself.
119579d60f34e402e3dfcfcfe3c5f5cf.jpg
b1a0139de5da2120b8e642d005524b06.jpg
3cc8da30daf1436158762ee7e6e08d68.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm in the minority but still like this sculpt. Just hope he and WW go up for pre-order soon.

I'm done with DCEU Hot Toys for now. I'll keep BvS Batman and get the JL Superman but that's it at least until the next Batman movie.

I'll pick up every 1/6 DC figure Sideshow makes and same for Hot Toys Arkham line.

But honestly, I'm willing to pay a bit of a premium to send the message that I want this line to continue. Green Lantern and Swamp Thing, please. And on the Marvel side, how about a Cyclops?

I for one would cut flips for 1/6 scale Swamp Thing. They could use the Lobo body for it. Tooling wouldn’t be much....hands and a head sculpt and whatever they need for vines and extras for the body. Better yet now that Phicen/TBLeague is working with Sideshow. They could make them a M35 in green and still only need the above mentioned parts to pull off an amazing Swampy. Although I think the Lobo body might be taller then the M35.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had been on the fence with Batman, but Superman and WW convinced me to get at minimum the trinity. Batman is honestly very impressive in person. Im sold on this line despite not being completely in love with the headsculpt on Supes. Ill probably get Flash too if I'm being honest with myself.
119579d60f34e402e3dfcfcfe3c5f5cf.jpg
b1a0139de5da2120b8e642d005524b06.jpg
3cc8da30daf1436158762ee7e6e08d68.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Damn sexy Batman.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Agreed - Lobo is an amazing Figure with one of the best if not the best 1/6 scale DC head sculpts SS has done. I was shocked the lack of love this piece got. He has an incredible shelf presence.
d316001731d8aee7e5ed2dc1dbbcb7cf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Where did you get that Dawg? Also, paint his eyes completely red

I got out of the sixth Scale game a while ago but the recent Batman release has me seriously thinking about jumping in again. And then I saw Superman in the SDCC news and yeah... I may be biting the bullet again.

Those two are the white whale in collecting for me. But I feel that this Superman hits all of the high notes for me. From the blue, the way the cape attaches to the darker red boots - my brain sees a little Dean Cain influence. Which for me is great as he is my Superman. And then the head sculpt looks like 81 years of Superman blended together.

I am looking forward to this PO!

I got out of the sixth Scale game a while ago but the recent Batman release has me seriously thinking about jumping in again. And then I saw Superman in the SDCC news and yeah... I may be biting the bullet again.

Those two are the white whale in collecting for me. But I feel that this Superman hits all of the high notes for me. From the blue, the way the cape attaches to the darker red boots - my brain sees a little Dean Cain influence. Which for me is great as he is my Superman. And then the head sculpt looks like 81 years of Superman blended together.

I am looking forward to this PO!

I'd love it if Sideshow produce all the figures in your sig and then some of the villains

Back