1/6 Sideshow Superman Sixth Scale Figure 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think that the the Endgame Star Lord body work?

I honestly don't think so, but I can't say for sure. If my memory is correct, the Star Lord body has the same torso and pelvis as the Bane/Ganghood body with a longer neck but skinnier arms. So if you're looking for something to buff up your Superman, I don't think the Star Lord body will do it for you. If you were to give it a try, the Sideshow belt will most likely not fit. I had to put two belts together for it it to fit the Man of Steel body's waist. The Ganghood body could be an alternative b/c it doesn't have such a large neck, but you'll still need to attach the belt in the back somehow. You'll still only get a 90degree elbow bend, but it'll have larger arms than the sideshow figure

I honestly don't think so, but I can't say for sure. If my memory is correct, the Star Lord body has the same torso and pelvis as the Bane/Ganghood body with a longer neck but skinnier arms. So if you're looking for something to buff up your Superman, I don't think the Star Lord body will do it for you. If you were to give it a try, the Sideshow belt will most likely not fit. I had to put two belts together for it it to fit the Man of Steel body's waist. The Ganghood body could be an alternative b/c it doesn't have such a large neck, but you'll still need to attach the belt in the back somehow. You'll still only get a 90degree elbow bend, but it'll have larger arms than the sideshow figure

What is the Ganghood body?

Thanks for the help with this! The 90 degree bend is annoying but not a total deal breaker. I really wish there was a body like the 1/12 Vtoys muscular body in the 1/6 market.

No problem. Happy to try to help. I know how difficult and frustrating it is to try to find a superhero type body that isn't also a double for Arnold Schwarzenegger. And of course you don't want to roll the dice spending a bunch of money on the body to end up finding out it doesn't work for your figure. Then you're stuck with it or left selling it off probably at a loss. While I think the Worldbox AT027 body could very well work, it's like $70 which is a big gamble for something that may or may not workout

Last edited:
Well I did both of these and as I was applying a little pressure, I thought it broke. Now the forearm just dangles inside the tight costume. I hope the forearm just came out of the socket of the elbow. I can feel the end of the arm and it has a short peg and it feels like it's a little rounded on the end. Does anyone have a pic of the body or one like it so I can be sure?

Fixed!!! Now I can display my childhood heroes together!!

SMDM SM.jpg

Just a lot of heat, like 3 minutes under the hair dryer after putting in boiling water. Then I just put a lot of pressure trying to push the peg back in. It unfroze the elbow joint too.

SO i just picked this guy up, and while trying to unfreeze the elbow joint it snapped... anyone have any tips of the best way to fix it/ get the suit off? I'm a novice to this kind of thing, and would appreciate the help

SO i just picked this guy up, and while trying to unfreeze the elbow joint it snapped... anyone have any tips of the best way to fix it/ get the suit off? I'm a novice to this kind of thing, and would appreciate the help
I would contact SS first, explain that the elbow snapped when you tried to articulate it, and see if they'll help you out. If it broke during normal use right out the box, they may take care of it.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

SO I just picked this guy up, and while trying to unfreeze the elbow joint it snapped... anyone have any tips of the best way to fix it/ get the suit off? I'm a novice to this kind of thing, and would appreciate the help

If you got it from Sideshow, let them know and they will more than likely replace it. If not, your SOL. The ankles on mine broke when I tried to articulate them, however I bought from another retailer and SS pretty much shrugged and said sucks for you, nothing we can do.

But to get the suit off, you'll need to undo the belt at the back (it's glued together so it might be a little tough to pry apart but doable). Then, once you remove the belt and pull off the undies, you'll see a seam at the back waistline of the suit. Undo that seam, take the hands and head off the body, try to fold the body in half as much as possible without breaking him, and pull the suit off little by little. Ideally it will be a little easier since one arm is broke. Now, if you can't repair the broken arm or find a replacement body, I would suggest removing the rubber neck/check. From there, you can buy one of the TTM19 or muscular ganghood bodies and replace the SS arms with those arms. I'm thinking of trying out the ganghood body on mine. Just haven't had the chance to buy one yet. It's sort of expensive thing to do just for some arms but if SS had done a better job with their bodies, we wouldn't have to go through all this trouble.

Looks great! Which Phicen did you wind up using?
A M35 but be warned it is very tight, so if your nervous about ripping the suit or stretching it, maybe go for a slimmer body
nice work! For me though, the Phicen body isn't my ideal build for superman but I see why folks like it.
Yeah I thought the same as you originally but I bought these figures to represent the DC Animated Universe in my display and upon rewatching it I didn’t realise how huge their physiques were, so it fit for that purpose
26A3A656-7858-4161-B601-D4346E282F47.jpg

Ugh.. just looked at this guy on the shelf and the suit is dying the hands and neck. :(

I know to use acne cream to lessen the damage that is already there. Any suggestions on how to prevent it from happening more?

Sallah

Ugh.. just looked at this guy on the shelf and the suit is dying the hands and neck. :(

I know to use acne cream to lessen the damage that is already there. Any suggestions on how to prevent it from happening more?

Sallah
You could take off the suit and give a bath to wash off excess dye.

Back