1/6 Sideshow Superman Sixth Scale Figure 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the costume and the S, but by Rao, that sculpt is hideous!

I outgrew Superman by the time I was 15, but the character has a ton of nostalgic value for me. I can't get behind that sculpt, which is a pity, because I actually like SSC Bats and Wonder Woman from what I've seen.

I think I figured out what bothers me with the headsculpt. His eyes look too close together. I moved them apart and a little bit higher on his face and moved his mouth a touch up too and I think it looks a little better.
c5e398485e99795e455c3f22ec937f03.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hopefully he comes with an alternate sculpt but I really don't mind this one. Guess I'm in the minority there.

I think I figured out what bothers me with the headsculpt. His eyes look too close together. I moved them apart and a little bit higher on his face and moved his mouth a touch up too and I think it looks a little better.

I am with you, I actually like the sculpt. I immediately see Superman there, an earth one version.

I am down for Him and WW.

The sculpt isn't bad (but the torso's too skinny) and I really like the costume, but I'll pass on any new Supes until somebody does a George Reeves version to go along with my Christopher Reeve.

I wonder what the SS exclusive accessory will be... would be cool if it were a phantom zone projector or bottled kandor but it’s probably going to be something dumb that’s not worth the extra $$ and crappy/expensive SS shipping :(

You are right, I see at least two issues with that sculpt: the eyes, as you mentioned, and the mouth. The lines are too deep, too tight.

The sculpt isn't bad (but the torso's too skinny) and I really like the costume, but I'll pass on any new Supes until somebody does a George Reeves version to go along with my Christopher Reeve.

Someone already did. There is a custom run of George Reeves, even with black and white version

I actually like this. He's no Alex Ross Superman but I like the Golden Age vibe it gives off. The first Sideshow Superman had such goofy sculpts, closer to a caricature than a realistic person.

This won't be worth the $240+ they will undoubtedly ask, unfortunately.

I know I've seen some comic art that looks exactly like this version, but I can't remember who did it or when.
I'm a bit unsure how I feel about the head sculpt. On the one hand it looks realistic, but on the other it doesn't look like my idealized Superman.

The photoshop "fix" reminds me of Matthijs de Ligt

190716073501.jpg

The photoshop "fix" reminds me of Matthijs de Ligt

190716073501.jpg

I think the photo on our left looks far better than the photo on our right. The point is, everyone has an opinion and yours is just that... an opinion. I think this Supes figure looks fantastic and Sideshow did a great and realistic job.

So many entitled people thinking they know better than a professional sculptor who has probably studied anatomy for years. I for one, will be buying this Supes figure and I certainly hope Sideshow leaves the fantastic portrait as is.

I think the photo on our left looks far better than the photo on our right. The point is, everyone has an opinion and yours is just that... an opinion. I think this Supes figure looks fantastic and Sideshow did a great and realistic job.

Calm down fireball. Nowhere did I critique the original sculpt, all I said is the photoshop someone else posted reminded me of someone. The point is, you're responding and tagging the wrong post. :peace

They definitely need to use a bigger body for this. They keep reusing that same body.

Very impressed with the way Sideshow are sculpting the hair on these figures, both Superman and Wonder Woman look great in that regard. Also with the unmasked Batman portrait while many don't like the face on that one I do love how they sculpted his hair to look like he's just taken the cowl off. Never thought it made sense with the Hot Toys unmasked Bale heads to have his hair looking so neat and tidy.

So many entitled people thinking they know better than a professional sculptor who has probably studied anatomy for years. I for one, will be buying this Supes figure and I certainly hope Sideshow leaves the fantastic portrait as is.
Yeah, I would say I'm entitled to my opinion, definetely. Especially on a board made to discuss such things. I don't think you need to be a professioal sculptor or study anatomy to know that everyone has different facial features. I was simply pointing out what bothered me about the features on this sculpt. You're assuming a lot of things. I'm still getting the figure, the sculpt isn't a deal breaker for me, but I am still keeping my fingers crossed for an updated sculpt.

You know who else is a professional artist? Cardi B. Let that sink in. My apologies to any fans of Cardi B, but it's not my cup of tea. [emoji2369]

Back