1/6 Sideshow Superman Sixth Scale Figure 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i guess sideshow is losing sight in the 1\6 action figure departament, is cool a classic superman, but the first was already badly done so why insist, why not make a alex ross kingdom come superman, a rebirth superman or even an superman beyond..... something diferent like ultraman from the new52 The-Justice-League-is-Dead-Forever-Evil-1.jpg

In the original announcement SSC teased so many different Supermen and Batmen that spanned their histories. While it's a little disappointing to get what feels like a v2 of the first, I'm for anything that gets this ball rolling. They wanted this license for so long even answering questions in their SDCC chats (remember those?) about going after this license for years back then. The fact it's slowed to a trickle is a little disappointing especially when there are so many characters still left to do but hopefully this means that we're getting things moving a bit faster.

That photoshop did not improve the figure. The sculpt is just weird. Does not remind me of any Superman version.

It is just surprising Sideshow improved the Batman headsculpt but messed up the Superman one.

Again, the hair is amazing

In the original announcement SSC teased so many different Supermen and Batmen that spanned their histories. While it's a little disappointing to get what feels like a v2 of the first, I'm for anything that gets this ball rolling. They wanted this license for so long even answering questions in their SDCC chats (remember those?) about going after this license for years back then. The fact it's slowed to a trickle is a little disappointing especially when there are so many characters still left to do but hopefully this means that we're getting things moving a bit faster.
Agreed. Personally, I love the new Batman and badly wanted a Justice League in that same style--so this is perfect for me. I hope it leads to many more DC figures.

With regards to the various styles and eras of Batmen showcased, the licensor may have impacted why we haven't seen follow through there.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

That photoshop did not improve the figure. The sculpt is just weird. Does not remind me of any Superman version.

It is just surprising Sideshow improved the Batman headsculpt but messed up the Superman one.

Again, the hair is amazing
I feel the Superman head is pretty good. I like the hint of a smile.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

How long does it usually take Sideshow to offer pre-orders after SDCC reveals?

I disliked the head in pictures and disliked it even more in person. I think the rest of the figure isn't bad. It is an improvement on the first figure. SS has a difficult time with human sculpts. There is something unpleasant, at least in my eyes, in the sculpt. It's like the Bruce head for their exclusive Bats; something seems off and I like that sculpt more than I do this one.

I disliked the head in pictures and disliked it even more in person. I think the rest of the figure isn't bad. It is an improvement on the first figure. SS has a difficult time with human sculpts. There is something unpleasant, at least in my eyes, in the sculpt. It's like the Bruce head for their exclusive Bats; something seems off and I like that sculpt more than I do this one.

For me, the biggest issue with this guy is the mouth. It’s sculpted too deep, with almost no lips. I keep putting my finger across those lips and the sculpt becomes acceptable.

i guess sideshow is losing sight in the 1\6 action figure departament, is cool a classic superman, but the first was already badly done so why insist, why not make a alex ross kingdom come superman, a rebirth superman or even an superman beyond..... something diferent like ultraman from the new52View attachment 462034

I am in for those you mentioned. sideshow should step up and do something more to promote other Supes not only the classic ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea why Sideshow insists on making up their own interpretations, there should have been artist specific lines long ago. Imagine the entire Alex Ross JLA, or Lee Bermejo Batman and Superman, Jim Lee Batman, etc. As of right now the only way to get those are expensive customs.

I don't know...I like the head sculpt. While it doesn't seem to be based on any particular popular artist, I do see Superman there. I get vibes of David Marquez's rendition from the upcoming Batman/Superman series. I know it can't possibly be based on that, but my point is when I saw the pictures, I did see Superman from the comics, just maybe not my personal favorite. My personal preference would be an Ivan Reis design based on the current Superman run, but wishful thinking. I'll take what I can get.
As far as alternate versions are concerned, that's something I'm not too crazy about at this price range. I just can't afford having that many of these, hence my preference for more classic/standard designs.
Having said all that, I really hope it's not years until this figure, along with the Wonder Woman, are released. I liked it so much I went ahead and got the Batman (which is awesome), in hopes of putting together a classic 1/6 scale DC Trinity. Contacted their support team and they had no clue as to availability.

I'd love a faithful black suit Superman and Kingdom Come but other than that it's classic all the way for me. I hate N52 or any armoured looks for Supes.

This line started with a direction and what seemed like a plan. As Mike pointed out the images of what this line was going to put out looked promising. Why SS did not follow through with what was shown is lost on me.
Did we all misunderstand why those images were shown?
Where they told they couldn't produce those figures after showing those images?
Changed their minds?
Too difficult for SS?
:dunno

If they match the quality of the last Batman figure these should sell pretty well.

I hope they do a Riddler. Should be an easy figure to make.

I agree that the quality is now good. But take a look at the HT threads and the SCC Batman thread. It seems that only a few of us are interested in their Batman. That thread is bumped up from time to time as someone buys it and realizes how great it is. Then it disappears again in limbo until the next buyer. The HT threads are constantly at the top. So I think that you can’t change a (deserved) bad reputation in so short a time, especially since SCC sees 1/6 as only a minor part of their products.

I agree that the quality is now good. But take a look at the HT threads and the SCC Batman thread. It seems that only a few of us are interested in their Batman. That thread is bumped up from time to time as someone buys it and realizes how great it is. Then it disappears again in limbo until the next buyer. The HT threads are constantly at the top. So I think that you can’t change a (deserved) bad reputation in so short a time, especially since SCC sees 1/6 as only a minor part of their products.

That's true. Personally I'm just tired of Hot Toys and their Disney obsession. The DCEU stuff isn't doing much for me so this Sideshow line is more interesting now.

If Hot Toys finally made a Returns Catwoman and do something something different like the Romero Joker, Lynda Carter Wonder Woman, 1/4 scale Reeve Superman etc it may rekindle my interest.

Yeah, I’m totally bored with HT now. They don’t seem to have done anything original in years now. It’s Marvel, Star Wars, Marvel, Star Wars, on and on and on.

Personally, I’m stocked with all these SCC comic book characters announcements. I’d rather get them with their warts than anything HT has been doing lately.

I love the idea of this comic book line, but SS deserves the criticism it's been getting; price, craftsmanship, etc. I haven't purchased their latest Batman, but am close to pulling the trigger (they've been tempting me with discounts). As good as it looks I'm still not completely convinced I'm getting my money's worth with this figure. SS has been a big miss for me in this area with this line. Marvel has been a bit better, but still questionable.

Back