Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SDGuy, would you say the cape is as much a brighter red compared to the "S" and the boots in person as your daylight pics appear to show? One of the things I like about the MOS suit is the darker red tones compared to previous traditional versions. How does this feature come off to the naked eye..?

LOL at that picture, it reminds me the episode of seinfeld. when seinfelddating this girl she look awesome pretty in the dark light but in the brighter room she just plain ugly.

btw let me add what is the difference between PVC and PS
PS is a resin compund and the mixture of it can be anything from PE, PVS, ABS ,silica but mostly made from mineral materials such aluminum hydrate while it PS offer detailed form/shape it is very brittle and very hard to form and expensive sometime.
meanwhile Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) is really is a plastic which really easily form , hard to break, o dont but it can bend easily and thats why some of you feel the the statue looks like a doll .
PVC used mainly for plumbing pipe and can be use for leather like clothing. however PVC without proper treatment poses heatlh issue so dont let your babygirl lick Henry cavill at least in his statue form.

HENCE SSC is cutting corner by using PVC.

Sideshow rep..we need to know what are the plans for future releases..will they be PVC again or polystone? I think this should be clearly indicated so us customers will not be misinformed. I have Catwoman and WonderWoman on preorder and i need to know if they will be pvc or polystone.

LOL at that picture, it reminds me the episode of seinfeld. when seinfelddating this girl she look awesome pretty in the dark light but in the brighter room she just plain ugly.

PS is a resin compund and the mixture of it can be anything from PE, PVS, ABS ,silica but mostly made from mineral materials such aluminum hydrate while it PS offer detailed form/shape it is very brittle and very hard to form and expensive sometime.
meanwhile Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) is really is a plastic which really easily form , hard to break, o dont but it can bend easily and thats why some of you feel the the statue looks like a doll .
PVC used mainly for plumbing pipe and can be use for leather like clothing. however PVC without proper treatment poses heatlh issue so dont let your babygirl lick Henry cavill at least in his statue form.

Someone mention PVC costing higher to make few pages back. :dunno

This "PF" doesn't affect me per se, but I heard about your woes and I too am concerned with future products. There's no material description on the PO pages as you know, only weight, so if Supes here is 12 lbs, and Kier is 10 lbs... :panic: Not to mention WW, BG, Cap, etc...

Wow, you are annoyingly demanding... :) I don't plan on keeping the statue outside, but anyway...

15631053126_b35b1a5118_b.jpg

15655600922_8ef958257e_b.jpg

15469203610_1c5fbbe8e4_b.jpg

Great pics, First pictures I have seen where he doesn't look like he has a yellow skin tone. :yess:

SDGuy, would you say the cape is as much a brighter red compared to the "S" and the boots in person as your daylight pics appear to show? One of the things I like about the MOS suit is the darker red tones compared to previous traditional versions. How does this feature come off to the naked eye..?

Yeah same here, in these pics the suit colors are too bright but in Dave's ones they look spot on. Nevertheless, in both sets of pics the boots look maroon and not bright red.

Ironically with the flash the suit appears to be darker then your natural light ones.

15467906899_21b1d7dd44_c.jpg

15651866831_e6e917c3e4_c.jpg

Yeah looks like it, but I am still glad the suit is fabric and is not a fully sculpted polystone piece, just wish like others that the suit was fixed to a polystone statue and not a PVC body because it is a rip off to pay $400 for a statue made out of PVC as opposed to polystone. :(

Last edited:
Lighting this thing is ridiculous. The suit can go from blue to almost black, and the cape, well, as you saw in my pics, is also variable depending on lighting. To my eye it looks good, but I do think it is a bit brighter, when compared with the boots, than it was in the movie. But I like it... I'm afraid the whole thing would have been too dark if they made it the same color as the boots, as they are quite maroon in color. I'll have to check my camera setting. That one I used last night might have been set to "vivid" since I use it to photograph aquariums.

Yeah looks like it, but I am still glad the suit is fabric and is not a fully sculpted polystone piece, just wish like others that the suit was fixed to a polystone statue and not a PVC body because it is a rip off to pay $400 for a statue made out of PVC as opposed to polystone. :(

I know everyone's focused on the cost of making the body, but, just curious... how much does it cost to make the suit? It's very impressive, from texture, to color, to all the details.

I know everyone's focused on the cost of making the body, but, just curious... how much does it cost to make the suit? It's very impressive, from texture, to color, to all the details.

Yeah it certainly looks like it is but nevertheless it is wrong for Sideshow to make a PVC statue and charge as much as a polystone one. If they couldn't tailor the suit to a polystone body then they should of just reduced the price because essentially you are just buying a cheap plastic non poss-able toy for the same price as a high quality polystone statue.

Year after year people keep visiting the SDCC sideshow booths and I havent heard anyone approaching the reps over there about their QC. Put some heat on these people, in person at next years SDCC.

Year after year people keep visiting the SDCC sideshow booths and I havent heard anyone approaching the reps over there about their QC. Put some heat on these people, in person at next years SDCC.

I think since this time they have crossed the line that there will probably be some folks that will surely have to give them a piece of their mind at next year's SDCC. I am guessing they will also get a lot of cancellations for this statue to.

CANCELLED 😞 Sick to death of being ripped off, not just with collecting but it seems to be with everything nowadays. Like the saying goes "money talks" There are plenty of other companies willing to step up if SS don't get their act together.

Back