Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great review on youtube of this. The guy basically relating how many of us are feeling. I'm waiting for Ss c/s to go live to talk to them about returns as mine has shipped to the UK for delivery Friday. I have to pay another 60 quid for tax/customs etc to get it into the UK. I'm not sure if I get a refund on that. TBH I'm happy with the way it looks but not the price for what is essentially a large plastic doll. If I wanted a pvc figure I'd have paid 80 quid for the kotobukiya.

Great review on youtube of this. The guy basically relating how many of us are feeling. I'm waiting for Ss c/s to go live to talk to them about returns as mine has shipped to the UK for delivery Friday. I have to pay another 60 quid for tax/customs etc to get it into the UK. I'm not sure if I get a refund on that. TBH I'm happy with the way it looks but not the price for what is essentially a large plastic doll. If I wanted a pvc figure I'd have paid 80 quid for the kotobukiya.

LINK!!!???

Not dancing for joy on the PVC issue, but bottom line is if this is what I get, it won't be too hard to convince myself that I'm happy.... shall see.

DSC_0003.jpg

Great review. Yeah, better off just buying. HT. The pose is similar to Thor, Captain A from movie as well, somehow those two seem very likely to be like this guy.

Excellent review. I was away on business and spent the last few minutes catching up on the feedback generated after hearing of the switch from polystone resin to a vinyl polymer... indeed very alarming, and totally unacceptable. I have grave concerns now over the use of vinyl substrates in upcoming releases, especially the Christopher Reeve, and Wonder Woman PF. And if Keaton shows up in PVC, I'm done with this nonsense. I believe we should demand that the figures be replaced with polystone.

Not dancing for joy on the PVC issue, but bottom line is if this is what I get, it won't be too hard to convince myself that I'm happy.... shall see.

DSC_0003.jpg

Thats the problem with SS pieces lately..we are forced to accept whatever imperfections they give us..we still need to convince ourselves that yeah we can like this piece. We are settling.

I do like the look of the figure. I'm just unhappy about my own "perceived value of it as a plastic figure. If advertised as such at say 300 dollars I'd be fine but to discover it now during its shipping process is not on. If I send it back I have to pay for shipping and additional money for import fees so I'd be down say 100 pounds without a figure to show for it. That's not fair. It isn't as if Sideshow did not have the opportunity to inform us. I myself asked a question on the fb cs page regarding delays and lack of info on the production piece. I'll speak to Ss cs later today but it will be more to have a whinge and register my disappointment with how they have done this. It's such a shame because the comic dc Supes pf is such an amazing piece that oozes quality in both look and feel. This looks good but if it feels like an empty fizzy pop bottle, it'll be such a letdown.

Understood. And even though we don't really 'handle' these statues much once they're placed, the feel is still important. knowing that the piece is 'substantial' is an undeniable part of owning a PF, IMHO. I hope Sideshow is watching the reception of this piece by loyal fans closely...

The weight is an interesting aspect. Over on the Reeve Pf thread there was great concern about the pose causing bending or cracking due to stress on the leg attached to the dam. I guess the release of the pf has answered how sideshow intended to mass produce it cantilevered without a heavy balance weight (assumed to be the chess piece base)

As a doll collector I see nothing wrong with it being a doll if that is what it was meant to be. Both Hot Toys and EB have produced better looking dolls than any Sideshow statues at 1/4 scale when it comes to producing realistic head sculpts of real people that play characters in movies. In fact I wish Hot Toys produced a MOS 1/4 scale figure because I have never been very happy about the head sculpt on this PF. Nevertheless, the problem is that this is not meant to be a doll, it is meant to be a high quality polystone statue that looks and feels like polystone like most PFs do.

Understood. And even though we don't really 'handle' these statues much once they're placed, the feel is still important. knowing that the piece is 'substantial' is an undeniable part of owning a PF, IMHO. I hope Sideshow is watching the reception of this piece by loyal fans closely...

Sorry to say this man but I am pretty sure they don't care what people think because there are always fans to defend them and they rely on them.

Last edited:
Has anyone called SS and expressed this concern? Has anyone inquired about upcoming PFs, CW WW Cap BG Kier...

Emailed customer service asking for an explanation behind the seemingly deceitful material switch, asked that they do the right thing to replace these with polystone (yeah right), and asked about upcoming releases, in particular Reeve, WW, and Keaton (which I have on PO). If I get any reasonable answer I'll post it. Don't hold your breathe.

Alex is being somewhat grilled over on the SF. SS is aware of everyone's discontent and thus far MOS appears to be the only one due to his costumes material. Still awaiting news on future DC/Marvel pieces.

Emailed customer service asking for an explanation behind the seemingly deceitful material switch, asked that they do the right thing to replace these with polystone (yeah right), and asked about upcoming releases, in particular Reeve, WW, and Keaton (which I have on PO). If I get any reasonable answer I'll post it. Don't hold your breathe.

Thanks

As long as we don't speak up they the quality will keep going down hill while the prices keep rising...its a shame.

Back