Sideshow STOP using Fed Ex!!!!!! Anakin related:

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was very lucky to get my Anakin this morning. When I came in to open the office a customer was waiting out in the parking lot and come up to me and said fedex gave him a package. Guess it was a good thing he was honest he could have just put it in his car and not say a word. But he did arrive and he looks awsome.

kain4521 said:
I was very lucky to get my Anakin this morning. When I came in to open the office a customer was waiting out in the parking lot and come up to me and said fedex gave him a package. Guess it was a good thing he was honest he could have just put it in his car and not say a word. But he did arrive and he looks awsome.

That's a scary story.

The Fedex Web site says my Anakin is out for delivery, so I'm optimistic.

And now frightened.

I originally was scheduled to get Anakin today. After checking the tracking number it's ETA is now Tuesday. I have no problem with the drivers. In fact I usually get the same guy and he's pretty good about making sure my orders are delivered in my hands. It's their tracking system that always seems to be wrong for me. More than once I've had a delivery date change. So, I'm not worried if I'll get something delivered, it's just when.

I'm having a nightmare with my Anakin; the tracking website says the figure was left at my door on Thursday, but I was home at the time of delivery and NO fedex truck came by, and no package in sight. It looks like they delivered Anakin to the wrong address. If they had delivered it here, it would've been in my enclosed porch. Fed Ex is now investigating the matter and Sideshow is aware of the situation. But if the people that have it are honest, I would've expected some results by now.

Compared to UPS, Fed Ex is more preferable. Other then seeing the Fed Ex truck continue down the street pass my home only later to see the tracking website saying that I wasn't home at the time and that they'll deliver the next day, I haven't had any problems with them. UPS on the other hand, I've had completely smashed, soaked packages and once they delivered a package to my home that was supposed to go to a house two streets over that I had to redeliver. With DHL, the one time I used them they left my package in the middle of the driveway and I didn't discover it until the next day.

Note to self : Do not.....I repeat.....Do not.....read this thread...my Anakins would arrive fine.....Damned it.......for the shipping fees that I paid, I could have bought another 12" Anakin.......they better arrive fine or else, there will be hell to pay!:emperor

Today is the first time that I've sat at home all day waiting for the FedEx guy for a package that was scheduled to be delivered today. After all, it is the most expensive collectible I've ever bought. But they stayed away just to spite me - FedEx must die!!!!:monkey4

Darklord Dave said:
FedEx must die!!!!:monkey4
Welcome to the club. :rotfl

Is it just me or do the smilies positions on the right hand side of the screen keep changing position?

Agent0028 said:
Welcome to the club. :rotfl

Is it just me or do the smilies positions on the right hand side of the screen keep changing position?

No its not just you...they have minds of ther own....

Darklord Dave said:
Today is the first time that I've sat at home all day waiting for the FedEx guy for a package that was scheduled to be delivered today. After all, it is the most expensive collectible I've ever bought. But they stayed away just to spite me - FedEx must die!!!!:monkey4

Dave, you're not alone. My Grievous was scheduled for delivery today. Now he's not scheduled for delivery at all, according to FedEx. Three cheers for FedEx!!!

Khev said:
Fed Ex is kind of a crapshoot. Sure sometimes they send your figure to someone else but just today they delivered an exclusive PF Grievous to my house and I didn't even order one!!

There's even a little personalized note from Sideshow that says, "Sorry for the delay, your PF Dagobah Luke should arrive by your birthday February 6th!"

Don't know who that was supposed to mean but this Grievous ROCKS and it was free! :chew

WTF!!!!????

NSFolsom said:
WTF!!!!????

Don't worry--this was a joke, Folsom. Khev was trying to freak me out. (He looked up my birthday and mentioned an item that he knew I had ordered so he could include those facts in his note and possibly drive me over the brink of sanity. I am clinging to the edge by my pinky toe as it is...) I thought it was funny. :D

tomandshell said:
Don't worry--this was a joke, Folsom. Khev was trying to freak me out. (He looked up my birthday and mentioned an item that he knew I had ordered so he could include those facts in his note and possibly drive me over the brink of sanity. I am clinging to the edge by my pinky toe as it is...) I thought it was funny. :D

A-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Very funny! :D :monkey1 Thanks, Tom.

Batty said:
I originally was scheduled to get Anakin today. After checking the tracking number it's ETA is now Tuesday.

It's changed again. Now it's scheduled to arrive Thursday. I am not amused.

this is horrible guys.. i truly feel bad for you. im gonna rub some salt into an open wound, but saturday when i was picking up my obi wan the dealer had 3 regular Generals and opened up and displayed his Exclusive while i was there. i was very tempted to run to an ATM to get more cash to buy one from him.

hairlesswookiee said:
this is horrible guys.. i truly feel bad for you. im gonna rub some salt into an open wound, but saturday when i was picking up my obi wan the dealer had 3 regular Generals and opened up and displayed his Exclusive while i was there. i was very tempted to run to an ATM to get more cash to buy one from him.

I was looking at a Grievous in person on Saturday and my friends told me to buy it. I explained that I had already ordered one, and after some waiting it had finally shipped and was actually scheduled for delivery that same day, and that it would be waiting for me when I got home.

The joke was one me, however. I forgot about FedEx's magical inability to deliver packages on time. Not delivered on time, and still no longer scheduled for delivery at all. I hope that it will return to the system on Tuesday. Batty, maybe they will somehow get your Anakin to you sooner than expected. Good luck!

I am sorry to hear about soo many issues with Fedex - of the 5 that I have been sent from Sideshow, all 5 have gotten here without issue (my issue is still with the small shipping boxes Sideshow uses).

tom i really feel bad for you. fedex just seems to have something against you. not to bash sideshow or anything, but i would call the CS and complain about the shipping services and maybe get UPS or USPS from now on. maybe they will give you free shipping on your next order (make sure its for another PF and not a 12")

Hearing all these Fed Ex horror stories is making me paranoid about my SS orders. Although the tracking on USPS is not always updated as fast as it should be, I have to say USPS has been the most reliable for my money.

I assume SSC is contracted with Fed Ex though, so I highly doubt they would be able to change their default shipper if they wanted to. At least not until their contract is met. :(

Back