Sideshow STOP using Fed Ex!!!!!! Anakin related:

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
Kain, the good thing about FedEx (and one of the most important reasons that Sideshow switched to them, if I remember correctly) is that fact that they won't deliver a package over $100 without a signature. That means that when it finally comes, my $500 delivery in a huge box won't be left in plain sight on my front porch by UPS while I am on vacation for a week, which is what happened with my Code 3 Signature X-Wing and which won't happen with my Grievous PF.

Thats true. I sure would'nt want GG sitting waiting for someone else to pick up. But I would also like my package to show up at my door and not someone else's. There is good and bad things about UPS and FedEx. I guess I just prefer UPS because they always show up when they say they will.

When I order through EE, they give you a few shipping options which I think is a good thing coz, let's say something screw up, you only have yourself to blame for choosing that particular option!

My Exclusive Jedi Luke got delivered on the exact day that the tracker said it would. Unfortunately, it was to the wrong house down the street. Luckily, the person that received it brought it up in a conversation with my neighbor, who recognized my name and offered to bring it to me. When she told me what happened, I checked the address on the box and it was correct. So the driver simply goofed.

My Anakin is presently "out for delivery", as per the tracker. Hopefully it's not being delivered by the same driver... ;)

I think my neighbor got my Minas Morgul, now that I think about it...

Luckily, it was still on the porch that night, so I just grabbed it and ran. Misplaced delivery and theft all in one!

UPS has caused me far, far greater pains than FedEx ever has. And with UPS the shipper can request an in person signature so that's not the issue. In fact UPS are far, far more strick with that than FedEx.

In my area the only time I've had a problem with FedEx Ground (remember they're seperate companies) is when my regular driver isn't working the route. Otherwise they've been stellar.

Darklord Dave said:
UPS has caused me far, far greater pains than FedEx ever has. And with UPS the shipper can request an in person signature so that's not the issue. In fact UPS are far, far more strick with that than FedEx.

In my area the only time I've had a problem with FedEx Ground (remember they're separate companies) is when my regular driver isn't working the route. Otherwise they've been stellar.

I have to agree with Dave. My company sends and receives a lot (lot!) of packages each week, and FedEx is, without hesitation, the best at on-time shipments, fewest lost shipments, and most importantly, least amount of damaged shipments!! UPS manages to mangle about 1 in 4 packages we receive, so we don't even use them to send packages! We use DHL to send non priority packages because they are the cheapest, but they are also the worst for not being on-time! So, it really comes down to where you are located! I think the employees and drivers in your area are the people to blame, and not the actual companies themselves! One person has good luck with FedEx, the next with UPS, so it is not really fair to condemn an entire company. If you are really having trouble with your driver, I suggest calling up the delivery company and filing a complaint; of course, your next packages might turn up missing!!! :google

My problem isn't with the drivers, my problem, like Tom's is when my products get shipped to the wrong place. And then on top of a PF Han Solo coming from California to Florida via Tennessee I call to ask them what the heck is going on and they say, "We don't know. We'll put a tracer on it and get back to you tomorrow." But then tomorrow comes and you call before the hub closes and they say, "Hmm there's no tracer on it and there is nothing we can do until Tuesday." And that was on a Friday. So Saturday I've got a 250 dollar Han Solo out for delivery in Tennessee. And then there was the time they said my George Washington was delivered, except he wasn't and again they would put a tracer on it and get back to me in a few days. Like I said, probably around 20 FedEx orders and problems with 10 or so. Well over 100 orders via UPS and yet to have a problem.

Oxbeard, I'm not sure why they said you couldn't switch to UPS. As I recall when I phoned the person asked if I had a problem with FedEx (which was obviously a loaded question :lol ) and I mentioned a few of my problems and I'm pretty sure she said they put a note in my account to ship via UPS. In fact my Anakin shipping notice said something like "To be shipped UPS per customer request!!!!" Yes, they were multiple exclamation points. Brought a smile to my face. :D

I can't say UPS is better than FedEx for me. I've had no trouble with FedEx. But I'm waiting for SCAR today from UPS and I've watched the truck drive by once already. :confused:

DarthRamuk said:
When I order through EE, they give you a few shipping options which I think is a good thing coz, let's say something screw up, you only have yourself to blame for choosing that particular option!

EE is the best at shipping options. I really wish SS would follow their pattern. When these threads pop up seems like you always have some terrible experiences with any delivery company while others have huge succes stories. Just depends on the area. If the buyer has several options for delivery then you can choose the company that works the best in your area.

Agent0028 said:
Oxbeard, I'm not sure why they said you couldn't switch to UPS. As I recall when I phoned the person asked if I had a problem with FedEx (which was obviously a loaded question :lol ) and I mentioned a few of my problems and I'm pretty sure she said they put a note in my account to ship via UPS. In fact my Anakin shipping notice said something like "To be shipped UPS per customer request!!!!" Yes, they were multiple exclamation points. Brought a smile to my face. :D

Yeah, I'm not sure either. I didn't request until after I had read about someone doing that here on the board. I even mentioned that I had noticed they had done that for a fellow board member, but still no dice. Maybe I've just really ticked them off :lol

I have had only a couple of problems with Fed Ex in my many many SS orders...I think only about 2 or 3 of my orders have been somehow screwed up...I think the last on was Jason X...He went to Denver,CO..I'am In New Mexico....One good thing I can say about Fed Ex is EVERY delivery made by them is between 10:30am & 11:00am...I mean every time....It never fails...So I guess I dont have that big of a problem with Fed Ex...

I've really never had a problem with Fedex.... though I guess it must be how your region handles it. Personally I like USPS the best, but my PO sucks...way too big and a college town to boot.. so it takes 5699 hours to send anything. I have my horror stories with both USPS and UPS, but not Fedex.....yet.. :lol

USPS would be horrible. I dread ordering from Asian dealers because I know that I'll get a delivery slip and then have to spend at least an hour in line at the PO to get it. And I have to wait until the weekend to go.

I've never had any problem with USPS. In fact, that's my preferred shipping method, and everything I've ever shipped as gotten where it was supposed to go, including things shipped to Europe (and I used to sell a LOT of stuff on eBay). And I can't recall ever NOT getting something I ordered that was shipped via USPS. For me, USPS is easier, because the UPS "stores" charge an upcharge to drop things off for UPS delivery, and the UPS "warehouse" is 20 miles away!

I guess no delivery service is perfect, everyone has a horror story about one or the other, or all of them! :lol

My Luke took 3 days to get from Sideshow to Brisbane - then another 3 days to go 1km from the Brisbane Depot to my work................

Back