Sideshow STOP using Fed Ex!!!!!! Anakin related:

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x-Mcfreak

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I know every company makes mistakes but Fed Ex has only gotten one shipment right out of six.:monkey2 I am tracking my Anakins online and see that they misscanned my order and sent it to another state. It was supposed to arrive today but now it won't be here till tomorrow. I am going out of town tonight:monkey4 WTF!! Does anyone else have these kind of problems with Fed Ex?

Most folks I know are pretty happy with Fed Ex. My experiences have been fine, but nothing stellar like some.

I've always had problems with FedEx too, about 50%. Sideshow is the only company I buy from that ships FedEx so 50% of a small number of shipments. By contrast I order from alot of places that ship UPS, I've never had a single problem. My UPS guy comes to my house at least once a week. Not a single problem. Call sideshow up and have them switch to UPS if you're tired of FedEx, its what I did. Anakin on shipping was slightly more expensive, 78 cents more. Well worth getting something on time with no hassles.

I have had a great many problems with FedEx, along with some others.

Here

Here

Here

And my problems with Luke started on page 45 of:

This thread.

In general, I have had far worse luck with FedEx than with UPS. I believe that you can contact Sideshow and specifically request that they use an alternate shipping method if you really have a problem with FedEx. However, SS has always made things right when FedEx makes major mistakes, so usually it's just a matter of wasted time and stress, but the SS customer service folks make things OK in the end. They used to use UPS by default and switched over to FedEx a year or two ago. I'm sure they had good reasons for doing so. (I do like the Saturday delivery!)

My Anakin was supposed to arrive today at work. This morning I watched as the truck went by and went and checked the status of my order and it says business was not open. I have been here all day so I dont know what that was all about. Guess I will have to wait untill tomorrow. I do wish there was a way to get it shipped UPS I would be more than happy to pay extra for it.

kain4521 said:
I do wish there was a way to get it shipped UPS I would be more than happy to pay extra for it.
All you have to do is call and ask.

Tom is right, sideshow customer service is very helpful in getting things on track so when you have problems call them instead of FedEx because they give you the run around.

As much as i love UPS, I think the best way to go it good old regular priority mailing from the post office :cool: Seriously, it gets there no problemo.

no problems on my end with Fed Ex after 4 or 5 deliveries. I actually prefer them because the guy always delivers between 11:45 and 12:30 and because I work only minutes from home I go home for lunch on days that I expect a delivery. UPS will deliver to me anytime between noon and 5:30. My front door is easily visible/accessible from anyone walking down a busy street so I don't want a package sitting out on my porch any longer than necessary (have yet to have anything taken)

Agent0028 said:
All you have to do is call and ask.

Tom is right, sideshow customer service is very helpful in getting things on track so when you have problems call them instead of FedEx because they give you the run around.

Actually I did ask to switch to UPS a few months ago and was told it was not possible. Since then I been ordering everything that isn't an exclusive from other places that do ship UPS.

oxbeard said:
Actually I did ask to switch to UPS a few months ago and was told it was not possible. Since then I been ordering everything that isn't an exclusive from other places that do ship UPS.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Maybe you can just do it with specific individual orders then, and not make it your default. Not sure...

and UPS remembers who you are!!! dont know if this is good or bad, but in november when i ordered new tires for my car the delivery guy remembered my name and my car from my old house.

Fed Ex is kind of a crapshoot. Sure sometimes they send your figure to someone else but just today they delivered an exclusive PF Grievous to my house and I didn't even order one!!

There's even a little personalized note from Sideshow that says, "Sorry for the delay, your PF Dagobah Luke should arrive by your birthday February 6th!"

Don't know who that was supposed to mean but this Grievous ROCKS and it was free! :chew

Actually, I had the opposite experience with FedEx......My driver has even comeback on three occasions in the same day when I wasn't home. Anyways, good luck in retrieving your pkg!!!

Khev said:
Fed Ex is kind of a crapshoot. Sure sometimes they send your figure to someone else but just today they delivered an exclusive PF Grievous to my house and I didn't even order one!!

There's even a little personalized note from Sideshow that says, "Sorry for the delay, your PF Dagobah Luke should arrive by your birthday February 6th!"

Don't know who that was supposed to mean but this Grievous ROCKS and it was free! :chew

I feel a little sick to my stomach...

:sick

I am going to call SS when I get off work and see if I cant change my orders over to UPS. I hope they do it because I sure dont want my stuff going to some other place.

Khev said:

WOW! I feel pretty sorry for the poor chap who's out their PF Grievous...Those don't come cheap!

:sick

As for this thread, I'm not a huge fan of Fed-Ex either...My Anakin's showed up the other day...Only took 2 days to get them from SS! Yee-Haw! Bad news though, the REGULAR's box is pretty dinged up. Haven't checked the EXCLUSIVE yet, it's still sealed inside another box that looks to be OK.

Aside from that, I've had NUMEROUS problems with Fed-Ex. They actually seem kind of lazy to me. Sure, you can get something shipped to you in a couple days (usually damaged...amazing how they can damage something so badly in just 2 days!), but I'm never there when they drop off, I'm at work, and they only drop off between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, so I always have to go WAY out of my way to the depot to pick them up. usually takes about 3 to 4 hours by bus/train/streetcar to get all the way out there and back. A bit of a pain in the A$$!

At least with USPS, if they can't deliver, it's dropped off at a postal depot just a couple blocks from my place, but man, the Fed-Ex depot is WAY, WAY out of the way...

You'd think for the cost of shipping these figures they'd be treated better in transit and actually be able to be delivered to you at a 'convenient' time. I don't know about anyone else, but I work for a living during the day!

:rolleyes:

Kain, the good thing about FedEx (and one of the most important reasons that Sideshow switched to them, if I remember correctly) is that fact that they won't deliver a package over $100 without a signature. That means that when it finally comes, my $500 delivery in a huge box won't be left in plain sight on my front porch by UPS while I am on vacation for a week, which is what happened with my Code 3 Signature X-Wing and which won't happen with my Grievous PF.

good point tom, but i would still like the option as ive never had a problem with UPS before. and it does get annoying trying to play tag with the fedex guy unless you have a neighbor that can take it. im gonna have the PFs shipped to my office so i dont have to worry about this but i hope they dont need a signature for the regular 12"

Back