1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone, Although I'm new here I've been reading this forum for a long time without participating.
I was wondering maybe you can advise me what to do.
from you experience,I've missed out on the scout exclusive and I'm currently on the waitlist for it. Even the regular version is on pre-order now and expected to ship on Mar 2016.
I don't know if I should wait for or get the regular version from eBay?
Thanks

BBTS has the regular scout in stock for same price as sideshow if you don't want to wait. Probably a better option than ebay?
SC20150907-201117.jpg

Hello everyone, Although I'm new here I've been reading this forum for a long time without participating.
I was wondering maybe you can advise me what to do.
from you experience,I've missed out on the scout exclusive and I'm currently on the waitlist for it. Even the regular version is on pre-order now and expected to ship on Mar 2016.
I don't know if I should wait for or get the regular version from eBay?
Thanks

Do NOT get it from Ebay! That is absolutely last option if overpriced. Don`t grease their gears unless necessary. Wait for waitlist, preorder or around retail on Ebay or other shop.

Wow, I had no idea eBay was so unpopular here. Like I said, I'm pretty new and so far I had a good experience with eBay, but maybe iI was lucky.
I'll try BBTS, although I really didn't want to miss the exclusive.
Thanks everyone.

Wow, I had no idea eBay was so unpopular here. Like I said, I'm pretty new and so far I had a good experience with eBay, but maybe iI was lucky.
Thanks everyone.

Not at all. It can be quite a bargain IF you are a patiently person, just don`t be fooled by sellers that says this or that in THEIR favors.
The thing is, wait some time, but not too much. If that makes any sense:wink1:

Thanks everyone.

Well, the Ex is probably lost yes. I got it just by a surprise in a week on open order a month ago. It is not an original so don`t bugger about it.

I discovered today that the switch to the HT Slim (which is a little shorter than the stock body) means my Scout can now fit in the middle shelf of my cabinet. :)

Now if I can just manage to fit the Speeder Bike on the same shelf I will be very happy.

The main issue with the Hasbro for me, is that its proportions are all wrong, even if I like the overall length as it makes more sense for this kind of craft than the shorter length in the movie. The width of the body is especially problematic as it makes for a difficult time posing a figure on the seat.

Both the SSC version and the Hasbro have proportion issues, though obviously the hasbro is the bigger offender.

The key issue on the SSC is that front sloped part of the body and the handlebars themselves are a good 20% too small (which was the thing that made people keep saying the bike was too small overall, which it isn't,) and on the Hasbro the key issues are the body's 10% too big overall (mostly height and width, not so much length,) and the rear engine cowls are quite a bit too small.

Use a lightsaber to cut it in half. Problem solved. ;)

It's actually the scout that will be riding the bike that is the real problem, since it's the total height I'm worried about.

Maybe I'll display the Scout without a head and get a Headless Horseman vibe going.

It's actually the scout that will be riding the bike that is the real problem, since it's the total height I'm worried about.

Maybe I'll display the Scout without a head and get a Headless Horseman vibe going.

Or you could display the helmet out in front of the speeder bike like a carrot on a stick thing.

Both the SSC version and the Hasbro have proportion issues, though obviously the hasbro is the bigger offender.

The key issue on the SSC is that front sloped part of the body and the handlebars themselves are a good 20% too small (which was the thing that made people keep saying the bike was too small overall, which it isn't,) and on the Hasbro the key issues are the body's 10% too big overall (mostly height and width, not so much length,) and the rear engine cowls are quite a bit too small.

I agree with most of what you say here, I just don't see the Hasbro as more egregious than SS.

Haha - I was just doing that today! Yours looks great - big improvement. The other thing I'm doing is sanding down the angle of the visor/hood a bit (cutting the top part by maybe 2-3mm.)

The last thing that's throwing off the likeness is the top of the goggles being dead straight instead of curving upward a bit in the middle.

It was really hard to get that mouth part off and getting the helmet to swing up was WAY more difficult than I thought it'd be. Maybe mine got more glue.:(

Funny, when opening up mine tonight his visor was already loose and unhinged. It easily snapped back into place.

Estimated March to May 2016. Yikes! Just made the decision for getting a second one really easy.

After opening him up tonight, I've officially decided I need to order another one. I really like this figure as much as I thought I would.

Bike is stuck in customs right now, but hopefully I'll have it shortly. For now he's posed as is. I didn't care too much about perfecting any such pose as I'm throwing him on the bike when it arrives anyway, but I do like the options I'll have using the sniper rifle once I get a second scout.

I might actually have to borrow a page out of pixel's book and hang the bike with trooper from the ceiling. We'll see how the display pans out.

Too much awesomeness for this guy on the bike so I had to have one. Luckily I scored for two Hasbros on ebay (together for 1/3 of SSC retail) and they went with Luke and Leia so I was able to put up a decent Endor variant. But maybe I need a second scout and go full Empire. To be repainted, anyway.
d448fb626880a43d4bd63b3bb07e0752.jpg

I agree with most of what you say here, I just don't see the Hasbro as more egregious than SS.

Yeah, honestly, it's the best 1/6 item Hasbro ever did. The handlebars on the Hasbro are one thing that's actually superior to the SSC.

Too much awesomeness for this guy on the bike so I had to have one. Luckily I scored for two Hasbros on ebay (together for 1/3 of SSC retail) and they went with Luke and Leia so I was able to put up a decent Endor variant. But maybe I need a second scout and go full Empire. To be repainted, anyway.
d448fb626880a43d4bd63b3bb07e0752.jpg

That's the display I'm wanting to do with my SSC Scout, but not sure I have the energy to reboot my other Hasbro bike. Even with some pretty basic work the Hasbro can look pretty stellar though, so maybe I'll just do the repaint like many have done (as opposed to rebuilding parts as well.)

Surely HT will do a Luke Endor soon.

The date for the regular trooper says next year - 2016, I am sure that is a typo...but do we know from SSC when the regular edition is being shipped?

The date for the regular trooper says next year - 2016, I am sure that is a typo...but do we know from SSC when the regular edition is being shipped?

Did you have one of the regulars pre-ordered? I believe all the first round of orders have shipped and they're doing another production batch for next year it seems. Kinda crazy. BBTS has tons though.

The date for the regular trooper says next year - 2016, I am sure that is a typo...

That's not a typo unfortunately. That will be when the figures from the next production run are ready to ship. Happened to Vader, happened to R2. And Probe Droid if I'm not mistaken. Speeder bike's new production run also well into 2016.

That's not a typo unfortunately. That will be when the figures from the next production run are ready to ship. Happened to Vader, happened to R2. And Probe Droid if I'm not mistaken. Speeder bike's new production run also well into 2016.

Wow...a second production run? With such a niche character, I wouldn't think the demand would be that high....now if it was the Cantina Tonka Sisters...that would be Iron Man Avengers level production run...for sure...:cuckoo:

Back