1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised this is selling so well. Don't get me wrong I bought one but it's nothing to write home about

I think the ol' Tree Kissers got a lot of street cred after the fact thanks to EU and video games. Much like Boba Fett for arguably even less, they have reputations for bad-assery.

That means they're out of stock but will have more - either they're on the boat, at the factory or still need to be made.

I really wish Sideshow had a proper "back-ordered" status for this instead of re-using "pre-order" because their current state causes PayPal to become unavailable as a payment method. It's not going to affect me on this figure, but it has on others in the past.

I know for sure that they used to show a back-ordered status on their items if required. When i ordered the Han in carbonite pf back in 2011-2012 (?) The status showed exactly this, and when i received it i got 700 and something of 2000 pieces. But lately i have noticed what you have said about switching between pre-order and in stock. Not sure for their reasoning behind it, but i agree, altering the status would hopefully simplify things for placing orders.

Dammit, I wanted a second before the end of the year. Next year we get customs on everything, so I'm trying to cut back...
... but I also just made my first preorder for next year, the Figuarts Scout. And after years of saving (including before they backdated points to us) I finally used my reward points on a bike! The scout trooper was always going to sell me. At $190(-20) it's one of the last things still sub $200.

That EX makes him so much nicer. I finally tried the pistol out on him, and wtf, lol!!! Kinda the opposite reason to Jango. Jango needs a head sculpt, while the Scout doesn't seem to have much of a gun without that rifle or the bike...

Here's my scout on a Hot Toys slim body. I think the original Sideshow body was acceptable being posed sitting on the bike, but whenever I posed him standing or looked at those stubby arms, I knew a body upgrade was needed.

Photo Sep 02, 9 54 03 AM.jpg

As a result, the belt ended up fitting too loosely, so I undid the glue on the opposite ends of the buckles, trimmed the belt, and re-glued them to remove the excess slack. Also, I opened up the pouches, split the foam padding inside down the middle with a utility knife in order to cut the thickness down in half, and resealed them with an iron. It may be less accurate, but now it looks less like he's hiding a couple cereal boxes in those things!

Nice work! I don't find the arms immediately look short on the body, but there's no denying that the arm guards interfere with the gloves on the stock body. Mine will be mounted on the Hasbro bike and put up on the wall maybe later today. Someday I might also work on the bike - there's no denying it's a toy right now.

Incidentally, no issues whatsoever bending the legs beyond 90. I can get him folded down pretty small, not quite fetal position, but as close as you'd want/need for any type of riding position.

Here's my scout on a Hot Toys slim body. I think the original Sideshow body was acceptable being posed sitting on the bike, but whenever I posed him standing or looked at those stubby arms, I knew a body upgrade was needed.

As a result, the belt ended up fitting too loosely, so I undid the glue on the opposite ends of the buckles, trimmed the belt, and re-glued them to remove the excess slack. Also, I opened up the pouches, split the foam padding inside down the middle with a utility knife in order to cut the thickness down in half, and resealed them with an iron. Now it looks less like he's hiding a couple cereal boxes in those things!

Looks nice! I've noticed that the belt is a little loose too. Will have to do something about that. Nice work on the pouches.

Boom, he's hung. I need to tweak the front line a bit to increase the lean, but I'm done for today. It's bloody hot outside and even with the AC running much of the day here, my office is easily the hottest room of the house even without my computer/display and me warming it up - and there are at least a few degrees difference near the ceiling. Let me tell you, even a cold beer didn't stop the sweat. The last 12" of headroom near the ceiling fees like a little oven.

02.jpg03.jpg

And YES, I've flipped up the rear flaps since taking the photos. :)

Boom, he's hung. I need to tweak the front line a bit to increase the lean, but I'm done for today. It's bloody hot outside and even with the AC running much of the day here, my office is easily the hottest room of the house even without my computer/display and me warming it up - and there are at least a few degrees difference near the ceiling. Let me tell you, even a cold beer didn't stop the sweat. The last 12" of headroom near the ceiling fees like a little oven.

And YES, I've flipped up the rear flaps since taking the photos. :)

Looks good man. I may have to dig out my Hasbro bike.

I bet a second or third beer would help you situation. :)

Looks good! Hasbro Bike?

Thanks all. Yeah, the Hasbro - easy to tell because of its larger size - though from a practical standpoint, the longer length, though not the seat width, is more believable for this kind of craft.

For those still wondering about the quality/finish levels between the Hasbro and Sideshow... If you take the Hasbro bike and put the equivalent of $300 worth of work into it, you still won't be at the level of the Sideshow. Which, I'm fine with, I don't plan on putting any work into it. :)

Thanks all. Yeah, the Hasbro - easy to tell because of its larger size - though from a practical standpoint, the longer length, though not the seat width, is more believable for this kind of craft.

For those still wondering about the quality/finish levels between the Hasbro and Sideshow... If you take the Hasbro bike and put the equivalent of $300 worth of work into it, you still won't be at the level of the Sideshow. Which, I'm fine with, I don't plan on putting any work into it. :)

Well, you're about to see how far a Hasbro bike can be taken (yeah, not quite SSC level...:lol) I'll try to post pics soon. Just trying a few tweaks on the Scout.

Well, you're about to see how far a Hasbro bike can be taken (yeah, not quite SSC level...:lol) I'll try to post pics soon. Just trying a few tweaks on the Scout.

Cool! I cant wait to see what you have done to your Hasbro Bike

Back