1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They probably just made too few of them the first time around, hedging their bets.

Glad they are making more, I kind of sat on this wondering how much I wanted it. I have two Hasbro bikes without riders (originally came with Han and Leia) that seems to be begging for a rider. I even got one of the bikes out of storage and put it on my top shelf to imagine it on display better - then when I went to pull the trigger it was gone and back to pre-order. So, now I am wondering if I should pre-order or pick up from someone else. I'm leaning toward just waiting for sideshow because if I get two left feet like that one guy on here I know Sideshow will fix it and I'm picking up a lot of points lately with all the SW stuff and some Marvel stuff I have ordered that actually may add up pretty nicely for something down the road so getting the points for this too would be cool.

i absolutely love this figure. SS shocked me. i didn't have high hopes, i had hopes, i knew it would be ok, but i really think this is one of their best figures. it has some flaws, but I am ok with them. really thrilled this came out good. anyone on the fence should buy this guy.

Not sure if you guys know about the helmet can be flipped up or not but I tried it and this is what it looks like:

IMG_5032.JPGIMG_5033.JPGIMG_5034.JPGIMG_5035.JPG

i absolutely love this figure. SS shocked me. i didn't have high hopes, i had hopes, i knew it would be ok, but i really think this is one of their best figures. it has some flaws, but I am ok with them. really thrilled this came out good. anyone on the fence should buy this guy.

It is a great figure! I'm still waiting on my locally bought second one.

Question for those who have popped open the visors on theirs: Have you had any problems with how they look when they are popped back into place, or does it just look the same as before?

Thanks,
Kevin

Question for those who have popped open the visors on theirs: Have you had any problems with how they look when they are popped back into place, or does it just look the same as before?

Thanks,
Kevin

It's the same, just clicks back into place and holds, a slight squeeze of the helmet pops open the clips again to swing it up. I'm going to take a 1/6 soldier head and cut the back side off and install in to the helmet with a black fabric hood.

But be warned - a few lucky people here easily got their visors open. Mine on the other hand was really, really, REALLY hard to separate. I guess there's some major variation in terms of glue used.

One thing that I do feel is missing on the SSC figure is those black spray "puffs" weathering the Scouts in the movie had (as seen on my custom scout below, especially the boots.)

I'm considering adding some black puffs to my SSC Scout but I've never taken a paint brush to a SSC fig before. Do they have a clear coat over the armor paint to easily remove acrylic drybrushing if I mess it up?

biker_zpsvddq9zy5.png

Airbrush would be the easiest and produce the best results. Otherwise you might consider powder and then seal it.

Nice (and interesting) AT-ST driver. I can tell it's not a Hot Toys sculpt in there because it actually looks like Harrison Ford.

Airbrush would be the easiest and produce the best results. Otherwise you might consider powder and then seal it.

Nice (and interesting) AT-ST driver. I can tell it's not a Hot Toys sculpt in there because it actually looks like Harrison Ford.

Yeah, I'm going to go pretty easy on the paint. I think I would be very harsh on myself if I ruined a $200 figure.:slap:lol

And thanks, that old SSC Indy head has a decent likeness - a touch cartoony/caricature and slightly oversize (for SSC) like Ben, but decent. I have another one I'm using for my Asmus white horse Indy custom.

slightly oversize (for SSC) like Ben, but decent.

One day I'll try my digital calipers on old Ben. I don't have any older SSC human heads, but a lot of HT's are undersized compared against their own bodies and the heads of my HT figures.

One thing that I do feel is missing on the SSC figure is those black spray "puffs" weathering the Scouts in the movie had (as seen on my custom scout below, especially the boots.)

I'm considering adding some black puffs to my SSC Scout but I've never taken a paint brush to a SSC fig before. Do they have a clear coat over the armor paint to easily remove acrylic drybrushing if I mess it up?

biker_zpsvddq9zy5.png

Nice customs.

Just got these in. One of the best figs sideshow has made. Also enjoy the bike, but the weight is a little light.

Question: does anyone know where to get the sniper gun. Got the non-ex and love that gun.

6ad4fc8861b4e5f1e9100ab0692c2a5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably going to be hard to get the SS one, but you could put one together yourself. It's something I would have done except I was able to get the exclusive after it started shipping and before it was waitlisted. It's a German mg 42 machine gun with the front bipod/stand removed and a scope added. Try ebay or a website that parts out WW2 figures.

mg42_1.jpg

Just got these in. One of the best figs sideshow has made. Also enjoy the bike, but the weight is a little light.

Question: does anyone know where to get the sniper gun. Got the non-ex and love that gun.

That rifle is my favorite part of the figure actually.

Probably going to be hard to get the SS one, but you could put one together yourself. It's something I would have done except I was able to get the exclusive after it started shipping and before it was waitlisted. It's a German mg 42 machine gun with the front bipod/stand removed and a scope added. Try ebay or a website that parts out WW2 figures.

mg42_1.jpg

Yeah, MG 42's used to be rarer and more expensive in 1/6 then MG 34's but there's a cheapo MG 42 that's shown up on eBay that lacks some detail (almost like an old GI Joe weapon) but still looks decent. They're in the $10 incl shipping range instead of $20.

The only issue is that the SSC Scout rifle is thinner and longer than an MG 42 and has the sniper scope.

Posted in the bike thread but I'll put them in here as well. These guys rock! Always find myself looking at them. Some of Sideshow's best.

Wonderful display!:clap

That's pretty much the pose I'm going for when I get my speeder bike and second scout. Except the one not on the bike will be holding the sniper rifle. :)

Wonderful display!:clap

That's pretty much the pose I'm going for when I get my speeder bike and second scout. Except the one not on the bike will be holding the sniper rifle. :)

Thanks! It's a fine choice of display :) Like that Sideshow includes pointing hands.

Thanks guys, will look for the mg42.

Back