1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool! I cant wait to see what you have done to your Hasbro Bike

My SSC Scout's getting a helmet make-over so I pulled together a Luke for the bike. I'm done with adding bits and about 2/3's done with paint/weathering. Just to give an idea for people who have the SSC Scout and the Hasbro bike and are thinking about giving the bike a little TLC. There's ton of inaccuracies and super-simplified part sculpts, but it can be made to look pretty decent. Will post a couple of pics with Scout when the helmet's been dremelled.

It's looking great talibane, the weathering is helping it along quite a bit. Acustom stand would improve it even more.
Look foward to seeing your modded scout in the rider's seat soon!

My boy in front of my modified Hasbro bike.

image.jpgd

TaliBane that bike look awesome bro, i like how you modified the front, Hollywood that bike looks awesome too, i think we need to star a new thread about the 1/6 scale custom/modified/weathered Hasbro bike :yess:

It's looking great talibane, the weathering is helping it along quite a bit. Acustom stand would improve it even more.
Look foward to seeing your modded scout in the rider's seat soon!

Thanks and yeah I have a new "high end" stand ready to go for it. I'm finishing my SSC Scout early next week.

TaliBane that bike look awesome bro, i like how you modified the front, Hollywood that bike looks awesome too, i think we need to star a new thread about the 1/6 scale custom/modified/weathered Hasbro bike :yess:

Thanks, and the Hasbro is also not quite as oversized as I thought (FYI - I shortened the steering vanes a bit and changed the fin placement.)

98vxg7.png

My boy in front of my modified Hasbro bike.

Love to see your bike in brighter light. I like the metallic sheen you got.

"My SSC Scout's getting a helmet make-over so I pulled together a Luke for the bike. I'm done with adding bits and about 2/3's done with paint/weathering. Just to give an idea for people who have the SSC Scout and the Hasbro bike and are thinking about giving the bike a little TLC. There's ton of inaccuracies and super-simplified part sculpts, but it can be made to look pretty decent. Will post a couple of pics with Scout when the helmet's been dremelled."

They look great! Just wondering what was done to lower the air intake on the bike? Was it a major reconstruction?
I've done a repaint on my Hasbro, but that's one of the niggling details for me.

Thanks for the pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love to see your bike in brighter light. I like the metallic sheen you got.

Here you go.

To me the Sideshow bike looks like a scooter. (Just too small, short, and lacks weight). If you look at the real stop motion puppet from above you see the Hasbro bike has far more in common, and a truer scale for 1:6th. With some minor adjustments the Hasbro bike hits the spot.

On mine I gave it a new paint job/ weathering, shortened the rear tubing to be more in line with the true pose of the scout on the bike. Added a few more wires etc, and boom.....done. A $20 investment, and I am very happy wit the overall results.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Hollywood thats a really nice bike bro you did a very good job with it, congratulations!. I have a hasbro bike too that i plan to repaint and weather

Looks great. These are the only ones (troops) you can sort of recreate how you remember them in the film with just two. And the bike of course. :)

The other troopers you see in larger groups in most scenes.

Is the weathering on your helmets around the visor very different? The left looks pretty clean compared to the right one.

Looks great. These are the only ones (troops) you can sort of recreate how you remember them in the film with just two. And the bike of course. :)

The other troopers you see in larger groups in most scenes.

Is the weathering on your helmets around the visor very different? The left looks pretty clean compared to the right one.

There's not much difference, maybe ever so slightly more weathered on the right one. I need to add some proper weathering all over the figure.

Hollywood, your bike looks great. Did you repaint the brown? I sort of feel the brown that both Sideshow and Hasbro used is a bit too light/tan. It's close to the model but the full size bike seems a slightly darker more "burnt umber" brown. I'm just going to darken in a few spots and add clear semi-gloss here and there to make it more like painted metal.

They look great! Just wondering what was done to lower the air intake on the bike? Was it a major reconstruction?
I've done a repaint on my Hasbro, but that's one of the niggling details for me.

Thanks for the pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I added some bits below to make it more accurate, as well as lowering the intake because you see the underbelly in banking poses.

I've added a couple of pics showing the steering vanes additions (where they meet body) and the control panel as well - not quite screen accurate but looks okay from normal viewing distance. I rebuilt the front steering vanes area too.

I will be finishing the paint/weathering next weekend.

The main issue with the Hasbro for me, is that its proportions are all wrong, even if I like the overall length as it makes more sense for this kind of craft than the shorter length in the movie. The width of the body is especially problematic as it makes for a difficult time posing a figure on the seat.

Hello everyone, Although I'm new here I've been reading this forum for a long time without participating.
I was wondering maybe you can advise me what to do.
from you experience,I've missed out on the scout exclusive and I'm currently on the waitlist for it. Even the regular version is on pre-order now and expected to ship on Mar 2016.
I don't know if I should wait for or get the regular version from eBay?
Thanks

Back